UML 2018/2019 Season: Back to Bazin Basics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML 2018/2019 Season: Back to Bazin Basics

I think it's important that they got down, came back, got challenged again and answered the bell once more to get the two points. It showed some character doing that, Vermont has the reverse BC thing going on they have won OOC games but can't find points in HE. They play a really fast and loose game and are great at getting pucks deep and establishing zone time. Lowell had to play into that and the Lowell got burnt a few times (Matty Gornson was a -3 on the night and I belive Nolan Sawchuk was a -2). All sins are forgiven when you come out with two points.

As Jack Edwards would tell us, "HOWS YOUR ENTERTAINMENT VALUE", fun game for the full 60.
    Last edited by Turk_Sanderson; 01-18-2019, 10:17 PM.
    Tully Rink Rat
    Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
    Youngstar
    UML Class of 09

Comment

• Originally posted by Leecoffee9 View Post
      Lowell should get back to outshooting their opponent, something that they have not done since the Denver game.
      Good observation. I’m happy they won tonight, but they need to start getting more than 20 SOG a game.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
        Good observation. I’m happy they won tonight, but they need to start getting more than 20 SOG a game.
        When Lowell outshoots their opponent this season: 3-6-1
        When Lowell is outshot by their opponent this season: 9-2-0 (counting tonight)
        Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
        "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
          Have you ever driven I-89 thru Vermont during or after a storm? They don't have the manpower to keep up with a storm like we do down here or even in NH. I've done it twice and it takes about 6 hours to go from Burlington to the NH State line. Always a nightmare.

But then again I might as well defer to you on this one given your title Scott. Us Poly Sci majors can't even predict elections accurately let alone the weather.
          Yes, I have driven it in the middle of a snowstorm when it was pretty obvious that I should not have, and it still only took 2.5 hours to get from Burlington to the NH state line. Given that there will only be an inch or two of snow by the time they even get to the VT/NH line, it should not be that bad. And yes, Vermont is in fact driving home right after the game on Saturday.

"It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by Leecoffee9 View Post
            Lowell should get back to outshooting their opponent, something that they have not done since the Denver game.
            Actually, they shouldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
              Yes, I have driven it in the middle of a snowstorm when it was pretty obvious that I should not have, and it still only took 2.5 hours to get from Burlington to the NH state line. Given that there will only be an inch or two of snow by the time they even get to the VT/NH line, it should not be that bad. And yes, Vermont is in fact driving home right after the game on Saturday.
              Well according to Ted Ryan from the Burlington Free Press, Kevin Sneddon isn't happy about the game time and he thinks his team will be stuck here until Monday.

The quotes are at the end of the game recap.
              https://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/...ll/2620461002/
              Last edited by Middle Street; 01-19-2019, 12:47 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leecoffee9 View Post
                Hoping for a nice weekend series - it's been a while since we've had a win at the Tsongas!
                Hoping for a couple solid wins...... Let's Go!!
                Well didn’t outshoot and wouldn’t remotely call if ‘solid’ but still a W. Let’s see what happens tonight
                Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                  Well according to Ted Ryan from the Burlington Free Press, Kevin Sneddon isn't happy about the game time and he thinks his team will be stuck here until Monday.

The quotes are at the end of the game recap.
                  https://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/...ll/2620461002/
                  The sweet taste of validation in the morning
                  Tully Rink Rat
                  Youngstar
                  UML Class of 09

Comment

Oh and one last "game" note

The band killed Manteca last night they sounded super tight was hoping for a Birdland encore, maybe tonight
                    Tully Rink Rat
                    Youngstar
                    UML Class of 09

Comment

Puck drop moved up to 6PM
                      Tully Rink Rat
                      Youngstar
                      UML Class of 09

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                        Actually, they shouldn't.

LOL. Agree 100%.

Nice stats digging!

Not a stellar night for the D crew. Interesting to see Zinkchuk (#25) and the big guy Evingson (#8) getting more ice time. Where was Barton (#27) last night? A missing component...?? An astute Section 105 regular quipped last night that maybe the D Team is trying to pad the shots on goal numbers for the Hernburgler to bolster his nod as Hobey candidate... haha.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
                          The sweet taste of validation in the morning
                          Meaning what? What’s been validated?

Comment

Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
                            Oh and one last "game" note

The band killed Manteca last night they sounded super tight was hoping for a Birdland encore, maybe tonight
                            The PA announcer should really recognize the band every night. They do a great job.

Comment

Great win by the basketball team down in Hartford now above.500 in America East play
                              Tully Rink Rat
                              Youngstar
                              UML Class of 09

Comment

Is that our own Derek Arnold, a linesman at the BU/QU game tonight?

Comment

Working...
                                X