Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UML 2018/2019 Season: Back to Bazin Basics

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
    When I was using the App on my tablet last year, I never had that problem. Even when the screen went to sleep, the audio kept going. Sounds like it could be a setting on your device.
    I had the same problem.

I just gave up and stopped listening. Too much aggravation. If something big happened it popped up on the thread on here. Call me a heretic but with all the aggravation over the last several years I have become apathetic about being able to listen and with that has come the apathy of not caring as much over all. You lose a sense of connection without the week in week out info, little things in between periods, etc. If I have to work that hard to access there are other things to fill my time

Comment

Glad they pulled out the win but wow does this team have a long way to go.
      Lowell Forever
      Forever Lowell

Comment

Tyler Wall played well which is encouraging to see and they played a decent enough 20 mins of hockey in the third to win
        Tully Rink Rat
        Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
        Youngstar
        UML Class of 09

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
          That's a bummer. I found getting the audio on my phone a frustrating experience last season. The app doesn't deliver the audio, it just loads a page on goriverhawks.com where the audio is delivered, and it won't continue to play if your screen goes to sleep.

FWIW I complained about this on twitter and got a response that they are "working on it".

Comment

Happy they won. Last year it seemed as though Friday they'd win, Saturday they'd lose. I hope that trend does not carry over into this season. While they got a pp goal, I really hope the work to improve their pp. It seemed like they had a fair number of power plays and they (excepting goals) were not too threatening.

Comment

Very disappointed about WCAP not broadcasting games anymore. One of those things I've been doing since I started going to games with my Dad 25 years ago. Put CAP on the dial driving home, have Bob give you a recap, an interview with that night's best player, and run down the road ahead.

Ramble Tamble
              Tully Rink Rat
              Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
              Youngstar
              UML Class of 09

Comment

Originally posted by tape View Post
                FWIW I complained about this on twitter and got a response that they are "working on it".
                Stinks Bob isn't on regular radio now. I doubt many people actually tune into the app, they go to CAP and figure, guess the game isn't on. Wonder how many are actually listening anymore?

And at least you got a response. When I raised an issue last week on Twitter about the Tsongas sound system being a problem, got nothing. Both the announcer and Jasmin are hard to hear, it's all garbled. Don't know if it's the system or how mics are being used (too close to mouth, yelling into them, etc.), could be any number of things. But all I know is that at least in 107, some of us are having difficulty with how the system is functioning.
                Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                  Stinks Bob isn't on regular radio now. I doubt many people actually tune into the app, they go to CAP and figure, guess the game isn't on. Wonder how many are actually listening anymore?

And at least you got a response. When I raised an issue last week on Twitter about the Tsongas sound system being a problem, got nothing. Both the announcer and Jasmin are hard to hear, it's all garbled. Don't know if it's the system or how mics are being used (too close to mouth, yelling into them, etc.), could be any number of things. But all I know is that at least in 107, some of us are having difficulty with how the system is functioning.
                  I mentioned the sound system issue last week as well. I was told that it was fine on the other side of the arena, but they'd look into it.
                  Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                  "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

I was trying not to complain about the radio but then lilnsl les texted me because he couldn't find the game on the radio- I posted up to the athletics FB page. We have been listening since before he was born. And now- nada. THey need to get their act together and figure out how to get back on WJUL/UML. CAP is a joke- they pre-empt, tape delay. How can they not work this out? You lose loyalty when you can't follow the team. You don't build loyalty if you can't listen. Until the CAP fiasco we would plan to be near a radio and listen religiously. Now- pffft. THink of all the little kids that used to listen to the game on the way to their own hockey games, all the interviews that made the team real...

Comment

Some thoughts from the weekend -
                      Young team and it's early. Norm seems to be seeing what potential he's working with.
                      Slow skating team overall however maybe that will improve with increasing confidence in the D.
                      Lots of pucks in the skates.... again, this'll improve with more games under the belt.
                      Surprisingly good in the 3rd period - this was not the case last year.
                      Good test for this team next weekend away against a decent Miami team.
                      Anyone know what this even means?? (Fan sign on Friday night) "The other team is a cheese stick"

Comment

Positives

They looked really good the last 12 minutes or so in the 1st period, and they looked good in the 3rd.

Negatives

The decision to fire sale out the skaters on the long change was comically bad. Like horrifically bad. Don't know what they were thinking, but please don't ever do that again.

The 4-13 PP number makes it look better than it is. This PP is trash. They honestly look like they don't know what they're doing out there. Which leads me to my last point...

Lowell is slow. They look like they're skating in mud half the time. Everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) has to be a pass from them. Breaking out of the zone, PP entry into the zone - it's like they were told there's a new rule that the puck has to touch 3 different sticks every time they have possession in the defensive zone. The problems with that are 1) very few passes were clean all night and 2) RIT was faster and just camped the passing lanes to force turnovers all game. By the end of the second I was screaming for one of the Lowell skaters to please just grab the puck and skate it into the **** zone. Lowell's inability to skate with speed, their bad passing and their penchant for turnovers all culminated in the SHG against that should never had happened, especially considering it was the second SH break allowed that PP.

Give credit to RIT, they were the better team all weekend and probably deserved to win both nights. I do give Lowell kudos for fighting back in the 3rd last night, but they didn't help themselves with that awful 2nd. I think the scariest thing is these are some of the same problems we saw with Lowell last year - lack of team speed, bumbling PP, team standing still waiting for outlet passes - so I'm not ready to say this is just an early season thing and not to worry. It never changed last season. It needs to change this season.
                        Lowell Forever
                        Forever Lowell

Comment

I can't argue with the prior post. I'm just hoping for some improvement week to week. Is anyone making the trip to Ohio?

No surprise, the Hawks didn't receive a vote in this week's poll.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                            I can't argue with the prior post. I'm just hoping for some improvement week to week. Is anyone making the trip to Ohio?

No surprise, the Hawks didn't receive a vote in this week's poll.
                            Saw some good looking freshman better than some juniors and seniors

Comment

Originally posted by chiefs11 View Post
                              Saw some good looking freshman better than some juniors and seniors
                              I know it's real early, but I like what I've seen so far from Knoblauch, Stefanson and Condotta.

Any particular reason why the team wore the away jersey's all weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                                I know it's real early, but I like what I've seen so far from Knoblauch, Stefanson and Condotta.

Any particular reason why the team wore the away jersey's all weekend?
                                A couple on the blue look solid

Comment

Working...
                                X