UML 2018/2019 Season: Back to Bazin Basics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML 2018/2019 Season: Back to Bazin Basics

Maybe Lowell should wear their blue jerseys at home. They certainly play better when wearing them on the road.
    What did you say?
    Who own the Chiefs?
    What did he say?
    Owns! Owns!

Comment

• Originally posted by gochiefs View Post
      Maybe Lowell should wear their blue jerseys at home. They certainly play better when wearing them on the road.
      Better road team maybe

Comment

For those that didn't get to see the game - here's the own goal from RPI: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=YkXs8ToUzoI

Other highlights can be found here: https://www.brokenbatblog.com/2018/1...owell-rpi.html
        Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
        "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
          For those that didn't get to see the game - here's the own goal from RPI: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=YkXs8ToUzoI

Other highlights can be found here: https://www.brokenbatblog.com/2018/1...owell-rpi.html
          oops. Beautiful aim tho

Comment

I like their arena, but man was it empty. And their band was absolutely awful. I mean ... they tried, but that was about it. I was actually in seats with friends who are alums and STHs from RPI and even they were yelling at the band to just stop. Please just stop.

The third Lowell goal was a beaut. You could see it coming from a mile away, as RPI just couldn't get out of their own way and Lowell had them completely hemmed in.

Good road win. Tough set against BU coming up in another week plus. One thing I just noticed, if the Hawks can continue to stay right around mid-pack and stay somewhere in the home-ice area for the playoffs, their last 5 games are against teams that are currently the bottom three of Hockey East (with 2 of those at home). If they play well for the next couple of months, they'd have a good shot to make up some ground at the end.
            Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
            2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
            2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
            2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Here's an interesting statistical analysis by Mike McMahon on Lowell's defense:
              http://www.themackreport.com/analyti...in-the-league/

Comment

Amherst rolling great job recruiting hope we can catch up

Comment

Everyone who use to laugh at them always remember goes around comes around damm Amherst num 1 this week going to puke in my mouth

Comment

Originally posted by chiefs11 View Post
                    Everyone who use to laugh at them always remember goes around comes around damm Amherst num 1 this week going to puke in my mouth
                    Let me know when they actually do something meaningful. #1 in December? Who cares. Unless they've taken it down, they have a banner up for the two times that they made it to the Garden. They've made it to the NCAA's once. A 2 or 3 month run doesn't prove anything (See: UMass-Lowell 2001-02)
                    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                      Let me know when they actually do something meaningful. #1 in December? Who cares. Unless they've taken it down, they have a banner up for the two times that they made it to the Garden. They've made it to the NCAA's once. A 2 or 3 month run doesn't prove anything (See: UMass-Lowell 2001-02)
                      As much as I agree with you, that's a really good team in Amherst right now. I know they'll lose Makar after this season, but there's a lot of talent coming in as well.
                      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                        As much as I agree with you, that's a really good team in Amherst right now. I know they'll lose Makar after this season, but there's a lot of talent coming in as well.
                        They have a very talented and deep roster and are playing with a lot of confidence. They're finding ways to win which good teams do. It will be interesting to see how they do against #8 Quinnipiac this weekend.

Comment

I'm hoping the Hawks are well rested and ready to go against BU. They need to finish the first half strong and pick up some points.

Comment

Barry's column this morning

http://www.lowellsun.com/sports/ci_3...ling-refreshed

Interesting note buried at the end

"All 13 members of UML's giant freshmen class have now seen action after defenseman Nolan Sawchuk played twice against RPI. Sawchuk has worked hard to return to the ice after undergoing double hip surgery"

Here is to health and a productive 4 years for Nolan
                            Tully Rink Rat
                            Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
                            Youngstar
                            UML Class of 09

Comment

Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post

"All 13 members of UML's giant freshmen class have now seen action after defenseman Nolan Sawchuk played twice against RPI. Sawchuk has worked hard to return to the ice after undergoing double hip surgery"

He was my favorite guy last time they played at home. He had fire

Comment

• Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post

Hip surgery

Double!
                                BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                                Skating Friar Jersey
                                AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                                UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                                Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Working...
                                X