PDA

View Full Version : UND Fighting Hawks 2018-2019 season thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

icehawk
11-19-2018, 08:56 PM
Parise now the leading goal scorer in the NHL from UND
http://grandforksherald.com/sports/hockey/4531194-zach-parise-becomes-unds-all-time-leading-nhl-goal-scorer

Suze
11-20-2018, 04:18 PM
No worries. I don't like the infighting. I think we're all frustrated with how the team played this weekend, and the difficulties they have scoring. Hopefully they turn it around and get back to playing Sioux hockey.

I'm sure UAA will get you right back on track. :(

omahasioux1
11-23-2018, 05:12 PM
It is bad this year, But not BC bad. They lost to Bentley today.

Fighting Sioux 23
11-24-2018, 10:09 PM
Well, I can't say that was impressive, but at least they showed a bit of heart to come back in the third to get the sweep. It was a needed result.

Here's to hoping that Jones gets back ASAP, and the squad starts to play up to their abilities for a full 60 minutes. They will need it the next two weekends.

icehawk
11-24-2018, 11:15 PM
Well, I can't say that was impressive, but at least they showed a bit of heart to come back in the third to get the sweep. It was a needed result.

Here's to hoping that Jones gets back ASAP, and the squad starts to play up to their abilities for a full 60 minutes. They will need it the next two weekends.
They showed some resolve tonight but man for 50 minutes it was ugly. A win is a win but much improvement is needed.

Siouxfaninseattle
11-25-2018, 12:29 AM
They showed some resolve tonight but man for 50 minutes it was ugly. A win is a win but much improvement is needed.

I think a lot of fans, me included, wrote them off when UAA made it 3-1. But a win is a win for Pairwise. And hopefully a big motivator for the next couple weekends.

icehawk
11-27-2018, 07:28 AM
Confirmed that Ryder Donovan has decommitted from UND. Said it was a very difficult decision, he really liked the staff and program, but didn't feel 100 percent in on UND and he is going with his gut. Donovan will be a senior at Duluth East this season.

SJHovey
11-27-2018, 09:51 AM
Confirmed that Ryder Donovan has decommitted from UND. Said it was a very difficult decision, he really liked the staff and program, but didn't feel 100 percent in on UND and he is going with his gut. Donovan will be a senior at Duluth East this season.

Yeah, that's too bad. Seemed like a kid with a lot of upside to his game. But it happens. Not the first time a high end recruit has bailed (on us or anyone else) and it won't be the last. Good luck to him. If he wasn't 100% committed to the program, then both sides are probably lucky he changed his mind. I've always had a soft spot for those players who had a dream to play for North Dakota and couldn't think of playing anywhere else.

icehawk
11-27-2018, 01:02 PM
Yeah, that's too bad. Seemed like a kid with a lot of upside to his game. But it happens. Not the first time a high end recruit has bailed (on us or anyone else) and it won't be the last. Good luck to him. If he wasn't 100% committed to the program, then both sides are probably lucky he changed his mind. I've always had a soft spot for those players who had a dream to play for North Dakota and couldn't think of playing anywhere else.
Sounds like he will go to Duluth or Minnesota.

Sioux-perDrunk
11-30-2018, 09:16 PM
Well Hak is available.... #bringbakHak

icehawk
11-30-2018, 10:12 PM
Well Hak is available.... #bringbakHak

Berry is a great assistant but not worthy of a head coach. I doubt Hak comes back anytime e soon. UND now in last place in the NCHC. Ouch

icehawk
12-02-2018, 12:12 PM
Boy was that win needed badly last night. Not pretty but we will take it

Sioux-perDrunk
12-03-2018, 12:06 PM
The Defense looked pretty good but Scheel was unreal. I hope this was the end of the question who should be in net.

icehawk
12-03-2018, 01:03 PM
The Defense looked pretty good but Scheel was unreal. I hope this was the end of the question who should be in net.

I agree. Scheel needs to be the tender from here on out

icehawk
12-03-2018, 05:50 PM
Rick Wilson to Philly is done. The former UND defenseman and longtime NHL assistant coach will replace Gord Murphy as Flyers assistant under Dave Hakstol. Wilson to join team this week.

HowardMBurgers
12-04-2018, 08:08 AM
Rick Wilson to Philly is done. The former UND defenseman and longtime NHL assistant coach will replace Gord Murphy as Flyers assistant under Dave Hakstol. Wilson to join team this week.

You need to stop copying and pasting other people's work under your own name.

icehawk
12-04-2018, 08:36 AM
Anyone here be at the Ralph this weekend? Be there for the Saturday night tilt. First beer on me ;)

Siouxfaninseattle
12-04-2018, 11:09 AM
Anyone here be at the Ralph this weekend? Be there for the Saturday night tilt. First beer on me ;)

My annual trip will be for the CC series - I'll take a rain check. :)

icehawk
12-07-2018, 04:59 PM
My annual trip will be for the CC series - I'll take a rain check. :)

I may be there for that one too. Stay tuned

icehawk
12-07-2018, 08:26 PM
One of the best 20 minutes Iíve seen und play this year. Up 2-0 but need to kill a penalty to start the 2nd