Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

That just might be the best tied-for-ninth-in-the-standings team I've seen in awhile. Stefanos Lekkas has a way of making NU scratch and claw for every grudging goal he gives up. With all due respect, glad to see him walk out the door, for this year at least. But on the positive side, a badly needed four-point weekend to add to the post-Beanpot glow. Strong game from Matt Filipe, who hopefully is finally becoming a force to be reckoned with.
    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
      That just might be the best tied-for-ninth-in-the-standings team I've seen in awhile. Stefanos Lekkas has a way of making NU scratch and claw for every grudging goal he gives up. With all due respect, glad to see him walk out the door, for this year at least. But on the positive side, a badly needed four-point weekend to add to the post-Beanpot glow. Strong game from Matt Filipe, who hopefully is finally becoming a force to be reckoned with.
      See I thought that everyone not wearing 40 was pretty bad.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
        See I thought that everyone not wearing 40 was pretty bad.
        I agree with this. Some guys have above-average and league appropriate skill (Esposito, Coughlin, Massie, O'Donnell) but otherwise I was thoroughly unimpressed with the talent and systems UVM put out there
        "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Agree in principle with the last two posts. That doesn't change the fact that UVM somehow makes NU scratch and claw every time these two teams meet. It just seems to me that all of the UVM games over the past few years have been high drama.

Comment

• so, 2 gms at UNH. The big ice at the Whit can give the D fits (although it is awesome if you're a skilled forward/ line). NU has struggled in the past up @ UNH. Especially the PK, lots of ice to cover. I hope our practices this week are fast paced (lots of conditioning) & maybe they can rent some ice up at the IceCenter in Salem or something similar. It has equal ice surface on their big rink, to the Whit, & the drive's not too bad between the two rinks.

Would help the team out some, get some skating done beforehand on a big sheet. Anyway, here's hoping for least a split or better nxt wknd. Best to the Huskies
            GO NU HOCKEY
            Always bullish on the future.
            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Both teams desperate for the four points to secure their chances at good playoff position and home ice in round one.

UNH has been inconsistent this year but they are pretty well-rounded in terms of scoring and goaltending. Their defensemen, outside of Gildon, don't do much offensively, but he does a ton. Their forwards are like ours in that there is not one superstar scoring goals every game. Four 20 point scorers, and four more at 15 or higher. Their goaltender, Robinson, has been solidly above-average this season, and is another tall athletic goaltender who can keep them in the game.

I predict NU to at least take 2 points, likely 3. If they sweep I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Blog post: http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/ge...on-max-gildon/
              "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

• Go you cardiac canines! Go Huskies
                GO NU HOCKEY
                We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Important win over UNH tonight puts NU temporarily in third place one point ahead of PC and one point behind UML. Also opens a four-point gap over BC, which lost at Maine. Encouraging to see more strong games from Liam Pecararo and Matt Filipe.

Comment

Another 20 win season (back to back), can get used to these.. take 'em while we get 'em

Pecararo showing some skill on the big sheet. Nice to get some offense going. Well done NU!
                    GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Did not expect to get 4 points this weekend. That was 11 straight unanswered goals for NU, a dominating show of offense as well as stifling defense. Good to see Griffin getting on the scoresheet more. Darn good weekend as we get towards the end of the year. Big wins for HEA and PWR alike.

On to BC
                      "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

• great effort on the big sheet. nice job, well earned!
                        GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Before the 2015-2016 season, NU hockey had 21 or more wins in a season twice in the history of the program. They have now had 21 or more wins in 3 of the last 4 years.

Thank you Jim.
                          2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                          2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

A pretty good night in the PWR despite the fact that Providence beat UMass. NU is now up to #8 (tied with Arizona State) with Providence close behind at #9. Not bad for a team that was supposedly rebuilding this year.

Comment

I made the semi annual trek up to Durham tonight...say this like Jimmy Johnson, How about them Huskies! We have only swept UNH away at Durham back to back in the regular season 2x in the history of the program 15-16 and now 18-19! We need to take care of BC next week and lock in the NCAA selection! My have the tides of college hockey turned in HE !

Comment

Where was Jozefek last night?

Comment

Working...
                                X