• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• we dont get scored on in period 1
    we dont get scored on in period 2
    we score in period 2

..me liking these baby steps.
    20 min gm baby, let's finish this right.
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• okay, so it took a bit longer than 20 mins..

yes!
      GO NU HOCKEY
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• way to execute!
        way to bounce back!

way to go.. !
        Go team
        GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

Yay woohoo

Comment

when hawkins missed that open net in final minutes for the go-ahead.. i wasn't feeling it, but huge save by primeau in the last min of regulation & you could sense something.
            then just sweet execution on that OT goal

(both our goals were pretty darn awesome). UMass is very, very good. Take the split & keep improving.
            GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Ecstatic about the NU win but came away realizing that UMass is the real deal and the team to beat in HEA (and maybe nationally) going forward. Best team speed of any I've seen so far and they're not bashful about putting pucks on net without waiting for the perfect setup. Cayden Primeau stood on his head in what was probably his best game since the Beanpot final.

Crowd shots on TV made Matthews look like an NHL arena. Very few empty seats and plenty of crowd energy. All in all, a great showcase for college hockey.
              "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Forget some of what I posted yesterday!

Ok, so I went to a sell out tonight to see a new 2 mil $ jumbo-tron and instead I saw KP stand on his head to steal this game. I have to say, I am not sure we deserved to win, as last I looked, we were being out shot 36 to 16! However, our team is so very pesky and they don't quit. What a difference from Friday where you could see JM was upset with the effort, he surly chewed them out and they responded in every way possible, with sheer determination.The "D" really bottled the opportunities for the frustrated UMASS O by letting them skate with speed and power in transition thru the lanes & into the neutral zone but not over committing once beyond the point and constantly pushing the play to the outside where KP had good vision!

Although, UMASS are bigger, more physical and way faster in the lanes beyond transition, our lines were like little killer bees, just working and working. They were trying to break it out and cycle most of the night and were just playing smart hockey to generate some "O". Overall, it really was one of my top 5 games in terms of effort against a superior opponent.

At the end of the game, the UMASS players congratulated KP as much as the NU players. This kid had a bad night yesterday, shook it off like a pro and came out on fire tonight. I really believe with him between the pipes this team can beat anyone if the O & D plays smart and works hard. God I love hockey! The old bard was a special place tonight...snow storm SRO..the way Boston hockey should be! Nice job boys! BTW a point blank game saving pad save on a break with a minute left in regulation was a highlight reel moment, I could hear it! TOTAL AWESOMENESS and I got to see it with my son's who were loving it as much as me! GO NU!

Also noteworthy and on the bright side is that these games are like a free stress test for my heart and no big MGH bill will arrive in the mail next week! On to PC which will also be a battle..We have a fairly tough schedule the rest of the season but this can surprise!
                Last edited by RossiRules; 01-20-2019, 03:43 AM.

Comment

Absolutely electric tonight. UMass crowd helped but the NU crowd held their own for sure. Was cool seeing the whole arena, students and adults alike, doing the goal chant as the teams were shaking hands.

Agree NU probably was outplayed all 6 periods but just shows you dont have to be the best team for 60 to win. Primeau was a rock. If anyone doubted him after yesterday I hope theyre done with that.

Madden is so good. Davies backhand was nasty. Thought Hawkins, Harris, Kislin, and Williams all had really strong games. UMass has speed again tonight but the defense did well to keep them to the outside, not get beat wide.

More thoughts to come Im sure, especially on the blog. Getting my laptop back Monday will help.

We went into the weekend hoping for a split. Doesnt matter how, it happened. Great weekend for pairwise perspectives.

Rossi put the crowd in good perspective- SRO tonight despite the snow. UMass traveled well despite the snow. I was super impressed. Hopefully the newer NU fans that may have attended liked what hey saw and come back.
                  "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Agree with the general consensus here. UMass was the best team we've played all season.

Great job to hold them to a single goal. Davies, Shea, Primeau...they are our rocks. Madden, what can you say.

Comment

Originally posted by njdevscup30 View Post
                      Agree with the general consensus here. UMass was the best team we've played all season.

Great job to hold them to a single goal. Davies, Shea, Primeau...they are our rocks. Madden, what can you say.
                      agree. also Picking is such a hard worker.. was rare giveaway by him yesterday, but all in all always strong ethic. Matt Filipe, i am so impressed with his growth. he moves the puck very well now. hustles on the forecheck.. the little things, does them very well & has grown as a player from seasons past. his stats prove as such as do things that don't show up on the scoresheet. this yrs team.. who needs the super stars (though some will get there anyway), just a strong band of brothers.

keep it up. way to go NU hockey.
                      Last edited by northeastern; 01-20-2019, 10:28 AM.
                      GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Copied from a post I made on the UMass thread--

Having way too much time on my hands, I did some quick research and figured out that some 34,526 people in eastern Mass. were watching NHL or college hockey on Saturday late afternoon/evening, despite the cold and snow. The breakdown:

Rangers at Bruins: 17,565
                        UMass at NU: 4,803
                        Vermont at Lowell: 4,244
                        QPac at BU: 3,611
                        Providence at BC: 3,419
                        RIT at Bentley: 926

There were two afternoon basketball games involving these same schools, which drew a combined total of 1,355:

UNCW at NU: 800
                        Colgate at BU: 555
                        "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

My thoughts on the weekend

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/ge...-madden-kayak/
                          "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Providence hit a few bumps lately, but they are (will be), much like UMass.. fully legit team NU will face. Nate Leaman teams do not stay down for long & Fri night gm will be a tough challenge for the Huskies. I suspect, (much like UMass) Friars come out strong @ home after having battled BC & BU thrice of late. Hopefully NU learned lesson or two from the Mullins outing re. night 1 road gms, otherwise I see similar outcome. Here's hoping, go Huskies.
                            GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Profile on Jerry Keefe.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                                fortunate to have him.. thx for posting.
                                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X