Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019: 28 Guys Skate onto a Rink ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019: 28 Guys Skate onto a Rink ...

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    I probably will stay since I have a history of crying wolf here.
    I am certainly glad that is settled (?). As to the student participation here. I am confident if we were 11-4 and not 4-11, the blog would have many more entries. It is the passion, dedication, and hard work of folks like RB that is a life lesson for the students. I appreciate his efforts even though I am new at this. As to the weekend games....Being very out shot and having a weekend gpg of 1.5 is not the direction I was hoping for. Having the three transfers should help, but....unless we can put more pucks in the net, it does not bode well for the second half. With almost 3 weeks off, they should not be tired or sore.

Comment

Originally posted by 25+years View Post
      I am certainly glad that is settled (?). As to the student participation here. I am confident if we were 11-4 and not 4-11, the blog would have many more entries. It is the passion, dedication, and hard work of folks like RB that is a life lesson for the students. I appreciate his efforts even though I am new at this. As to the weekend games....Being very out shot and having a weekend gpg of 1.5 is not the direction I was hoping for. Having the three transfers should help, but....unless we can put more pucks in the net, it does not bode well for the second half. With almost 3 weeks off, they should not be tired or sore.
      Winning does certainly bring people. However, I notice that Ralph has become Twitter for about half his posts... how much does that happen the other way around? Perhaps if we get into a good discussion about something here, and advertise it there, we might draw some folks. The site has a mobile app, so it's not like there isn't an outlet.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        Winning does certainly bring people. However, I notice that Ralph has become Twitter for about half his posts... how much does that happen the other way around? Perhaps if we get into a good discussion about something here, and advertise it there, we might draw some folks. The site has a mobile app, so it's not like there isn't an outlet.
        It is easy to post tweets here. That is why I do that.

As to the other way around, I will leave it to others. I waste enough time on the computer already.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

It is easy to post tweets here. That is why I do that.

As to the other way around, I will leave it to others. I waste enough time on the computer already.
          And I'm not on social media. Not that I'd be allowed on there these days with my beliefs...

Comment

And I'm not on social media. Not that I'd be allowed on there these days with my beliefs...
            The way things are becoming, being off all social media might be a very good idea if you want to maintain any sort of privacy. I often have wondered why many people feel this need to put onto these types of sites their thoughts, plans, and pictures. These RPI threads are the sum total of my postings and even that has decreased considerably. It would stop completely but I would miss the banter on here with so many really great folks. Besides, there are times that life speeds up and gets really busy and all the stuff Ralph posts takes considerable time and effort. Personally I hope he continues to keep us all informed and entertained until he hits 300,000 posts but the decision remains with him.
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Brown game. There were more RPI fans than Brown fans. RPI 1st line 17,16,39 was in the O zone often and looked very good. The other lines much less O zone time.
              A reason the RPI shot total is so low is that RPI often gets into the zone and passes which are broken up or shoot off net. RPI also often passes back to a trailing player
              not forward. Rebounds are as good as a pass. FOs aren't bad. 1st 15 games 2018 4-11-0, 2017 3-9-3, 2016 2-13-0. Next 15 will be better.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI67 View Post
                Brown game. There were more RPI fans than Brown fans. RPI 1st line 17,16,39 was in the O zone often and looked very good. The other lines much less O zone time.
                A reason the RPI shot total is so low is that RPI often gets into the zone and passes which are broken up or shoot off net. RPI also often passes back to a trailing player
                not forward. Rebounds are as good as a pass. FOs aren't bad. 1st 15 games 2018 4-11-0, 2017 3-9-3, 2016 2-13-0. Next 15 will be better.
                Increasing by one victory per year=progress. At that rate we should be at .500 in 3 to 4 more years. Just not really a fast enough rate for me. We have to do better and I think we can.
                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                  Increasing by one victory per year=progress. At that rate we should be at .500 in 3 to 4 more years. Just not really a fast enough rate for me. We have to do better and I think we can.
                  ...and Smith would be sacked by then. Next year's the year of reckoning. It's his team out there. What will they be able to do?

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    ...and Smith would be sacked by then. Next year's the year of reckoning. It's his team out there. What will they be able to do?
                    IMO he’s on the hot seat now. The way he blew up all the lines against Yale 15 mins into the game were the signs of a desperate man to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Noresmen View Post
                      IMO he’s on the hot seat now. The way he blew up all the lines against Yale 15 mins into the game were the signs of a desperate man to me.

I can't blame Smith for blowing up. They were totally out hustled at every play. I don't think this means he is desperate. IMO it shows passion and that he expects more from this team. I can't blame him. They have not looked good in the first period as of late.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                        At that rate, we may not live long enough to make the NCAA tourney.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

It won't be completely his team next season, but I agree it is the year of reckoning. I do think that finishing in the top 8 of the ECAC this year is not too much to ask.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Burgess getting tossed probably had alot to do with line changes at Yale.
                            Last edited by jstadts; 12-10-2018, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Noresmen View Post
                              I don't see them cutting this contract early. The Appert firing was a bit of a special case because he was given extensions that no sane administrator would EVER offer. Extend if he does well over the course of 3 or 4 seasons, not 4 years every time he finishes even a game over 500.

The Burgess toss was at 19:00. I can understand changing it up for the 2nd and 3rd.

Comment

It won't be completely his team next season, but I agree it is the year of reckoning. I do think that finishing in the top 8 of the ECAC this year is not too much to ask.
                                It would certainly show significant progress towards what the administration is expecting to see. If it isn't at least double digit wins, I'd say do a bit of a longer search so they're ready when the contract's up.

Comment

Working...
                                X