Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019: 28 Guys Skate onto a Rink ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019: 28 Guys Skate onto a Rink ...

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Hopefully he didn't break a rib, given where he was clutching...
    It looked like a dislocated/separated shoulder, or elbow injury. He landed on his elbow, and his left arm was hanging lower when he got up...

...that said, I feel really positive from what I've been able to watch. Ferner and Hallbauer look promising, especially Hallbauer's first look and puck movement skills. Big fan of DiGrande, Bowman, and how they've energized the incumbents, especially Burke, Hayhurst and Moore. 2 weeks don't make a season by any means, but feeling positive. LGR!
    Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

• Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
      It looked like a dislocated/separated shoulder, or elbow injury. He landed on his elbow, and his left arm was hanging lower when he got up...

...that said, I feel really positive from what I've been able to watch. Ferner and Hallbauer look promising, especially Hallbauer's first look and puck movement skills. Big fan of DiGrande, Bowman, and how they've energized the incumbents, especially Burke, Hayhurst and Moore. 2 weeks don't make a season by any means, but feeling positive. LGR!
      Reilly has a separated shoulder. When I spoke to him he told me the Dr said it could take up to 6 weeks to heal. All depends on how the rehab goes. He was hoping no more than 2 weeks. He told me that Lacka was skating but wasn’t doing any shooting or stuck handling and that he was trying to get back for the games after Thanksgiving.

Glad to see Marrello score. He’s one of my favorites. Such a hard worker.

Comment

In between the 1st and 2nd periods of the CCT game, WRPI aired a lengthy interview with Coach Smith. At one point he was commenting about the challenge of bringing in all the new players and transfers. What really stood out to me was that he was very clear that one of his primary goals is to bring more energy into the locker room. He is not looking for physical specimens or high NHL draft choices, but smart, high-motor scrappers that support each other and remain positive. I think this will pay off well for us in the coming years.

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
        I think we need to give credit to Dave Smith. He preaches the same things that SA and DF preached, but he gets the team to buy into it. Most of this team is his team, and they are listening. Also, I see some great potential in some of the freshmen.
        Ferner and Hallbauer are going to be difference makers in the years to come. Bowman and DiGrande could develop into very good forwards.
        And with three new players joining the team in December, we could surprise the league in the second half of the season.
        LGR

Comment

• Originally posted by Noresmen View Post
          Reilly has a separated shoulder. When I spoke to him he told me the Dr said it could take up to 6 weeks to heal. All depends on how the rehab goes. He was hoping no more than 2 weeks. He told me that Lacka was skating but wasn’t doing any shooting or stuck handling and that he was trying to get back for the games after Thanksgiving.

Glad to see Marrello score. He’s one of my favorites. Such a hard worker.
          I'll defer to Docs expertise, but 2 weeks seems unrealistic for a shoulder separation.
          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
            I'll defer to Docs expertise, but 2 weeks seems unrealistic for a shoulder separation.
            The shoulder is one of the most complicated joints we have. The injuries to it can vary from a mere bruise, to a small strain or sprain, all the way up to various degrees of tears. A separation is never just that simple. Depends on which ligament has been stretched or torn. If this is indeed the Reilly diagnosis, he could possibly be back in 2 weeks (highly unlikely). A lot will depend on the schedule. If he can be given the rest, by all means let him take as much time as possible during the time when the games are a little further apart and against non league opponents. Rehab is helpful of course but more to bring back strength and range of motion. healing takes time. The old adage of Rest Ice Compression and Elevation all helps but there should always be a T in the equation for time. not knowing the extent of injury tempers any conclusions but on the plus side, he is young and big and strong. I have had both shoulders operated upon (one a rotator cuff impingement and the other a full rotator cuff tear). The impingement took 6 weeks to heal properly and the tear was more than 12 weeks. But i was around 60 or more for these and age really delays the return of function.
            I responded before to the post about a rib injury but it sure did not look like that on the ice. From the way he was holding it I though immediately of a dislocation or separation.
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

I agree Dave Smith deserves a lot of credit. I would also add Johnson to the list of impressive players. He has made some mistakes of youth and inexperience in the college game. But he looks incredibly poised and comfortable out there. Overall I think the freshmen are really playing well. I wonder how the team will adjust to adding in the transfers. If they play well together as a team, will those players impact the team chemistry? One aspect of the game I don't see a great deal of is the physical side. Putting physical pressure on the D is important especially with teams with mobile defensemen. We have a few big forwards in Ott and Burke, but they don't seem to be using those bodies as much as they could. Maybe the system Smith uses doesn't rely on that as much (it certainly increases the # of penalties), but it can also tire out a D corps. Lastly, I would like to see Savory in a game. Be nice to see what he can do before we get too deep into the season.

Comment

Originally posted by 25+years View Post
                I agree Dave Smith deserves a lot of credit. I would also add Johnson to the list of impressive players. He has made some mistakes of youth and inexperience in the college game. But he looks incredibly poised and comfortable out there. Overall I think the freshmen are really playing well. I wonder how the team will adjust to adding in the transfers. If they play well together as a team, will those players impact the team chemistry? One aspect of the game I don't see a great deal of is the physical side. Putting physical pressure on the D is important especially with teams with mobile defensemen. We have a few big forwards in Ott and Burke, but they don't seem to be using those bodies as much as they could. Maybe the system Smith uses doesn't rely on that as much (it certainly increases the # of penalties), but it can also tire out a D corps. Lastly, I would like to see Savory in a game. Be nice to see what he can do before we get too deep into the season.
                You have to figure that the transfers are already practicing with the team, so I'm not sure cohesion is going to be much of an issue. If we can get three lines that really play well together in the next month, though, then it's going to be tough, and I'm not so sure we're going to see an XF out there, as XD has seemed to work well.

I've been wondering about Savory as well, especially after the CCT game. We saw him for a period vs. UMASS; did he look shaky above and beyond what you'd see from a cold goaltender? I know several folks are shocked that Perry hasn't had much of a look, despite the exhibition telling us otherwise.

Comment

I have read that the transfers can join the team in December, but when in December will they be able to play?
                  Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                  Benjamin Franklin
                  The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                  Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                    I have read that the transfers can join the team in December, but when in December will they be able to play?
                    Probably in time for the Catamount Cup, given their transfer was at the end of the first semester.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      Probably in time for the Catamount Cup, given their transfer was at the end of the first semester.
                      Is it tied to the academic calendar ? (I.e. The beginning of the spring semester ?)
                      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                        Is it tied to the academic calendar ? (I.e. The beginning of the spring semester ?)
                        Bylaw 12.8 looks to cover this situation, available at http://www.ncaapublications.com/prod...loads/D119.pdf starting on Page 80. That should at least get some started. Also bylaw 14.5 covers transfers, starting at Page 180.
                        Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 11-06-2018, 01:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                          My understanding is that players that transfer after a fall term are eligible after the conclusion of the following fall term. I believe that means exams have been taken and grades posted. That should make the players eligible for the Catamount Cup.

Comment

Loafing was abolished in 1931.

I wonder if that is the reason that we had no hockey team from 31-32 through 35-36.
                            Last edited by Ralph Baer; 11-06-2018, 02:26 PM.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Preview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B7f2dRx3Cs

Comment

Weekend Preview: RPI/Union

http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...-rpiunion.html
                                QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                                2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                                2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                                2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                                https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
                                https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                                https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/