Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019: 28 Guys Skate onto a Rink ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2018 - 2019: 28 Guys Skate onto a Rink ...

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
    I'm caught in this indecision as to whether to treat last weekend as a rivalry voodoo-driven fluke or to think that maybe we aren't so bad as initially expected. I think regardless of which is true, we have to take this opportunity to crush SLU while we're still riding high. There are only a few teams I would have said were definitely as bad or worse than us coming into the season, so we absolutely must get those two points at home. It would obviously be lovely to beat Clarkson (perhaps with some more of that rivalry voodoo), but given that whatever may happen this season will almost definitely come down to seeding in the ECACs, I feel like it's just not as important right now. I think as long as we can play a decent defensive game and score 2-3 goals and allow no more than 3 non-ENGs against CCT, it's a "victory" even if we don't come away with two points.
    I think if we had just won the way we did on Friday at home and then lost in their shed, the fluke theory would be appropriate....the fact that we went onto their home ice with them undoubtedly being spun up to even the score (and being verbally challenged by their coach) and STILL brought the smackdown - that really tells me that this team is coming together and finding themselves. Obviously that is no guarantee for this weekend, but it provides a ton of much needed confidence. I think we are going to be a bit of a surprise by the time the tournament rolls around.

Comment

• Originally posted by TucsonMike View Post
      I think if we had just won the way we did on Friday at home and then lost in their shed, the fluke theory would be appropriate....the fact that we went onto their home ice with them undoubtedly being spun up to even the score (and being verbally challenged by their coach) and STILL brought the smackdown - that really tells me that this team is coming together and finding themselves. Obviously that is no guarantee for this weekend, but it provides a ton of much needed confidence. I think we are going to be a bit of a surprise by the time the tournament rolls around.
      I think the key will be can we get scoring from up and down the lineup? That’s been the key for years, that’s not anything new. We got it last weekend, it was nice to see Polino and Ott both pot a pair.

What’s still a little concerning to me is that of our 12 goals, Hayhurst has directed contributed to 9 of them. I didn’t check if he was on the ice for the other 3. It’s great that’s he’s producing, but can’t remain dependent on him creating goals.

Comment

Originally posted by rsfs04 View Post
        I didn’t check if he was on the ice for the other 3.
        He was not.
        RPI Pep Band
        GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
        🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
        2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
        2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

• Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
          He was not.
          And we get 3 transfers eligible that look good also end of December
          I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
            And we get 3 transfers eligible that look good also end of December
            What do you mean that they "look good"?
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
              I'm caught in this indecision as to whether to treat last weekend as a rivalry voodoo-driven fluke or to think that maybe we aren't so bad as initially expected. I think regardless of which is true, we have to take this opportunity to crush SLU while we're still riding high. There are only a few teams I would have said were definitely as bad or worse than us coming into the season, so we absolutely must get those two points at home. It would obviously be lovely to beat Clarkson (perhaps with some more of that rivalry voodoo), but given that whatever may happen this season will almost definitely come down to seeding in the ECACs, I feel like it's just not as important right now. I think as long as we can play a decent defensive game and score 2-3 goals and allow no more than 3 non-ENGs against CCT, it's a "victory" even if we don't come away with two points.
              The last thing we need to be doing is looking ahead to SLU, because getting caught by surprise is how downward trends start. Let's focus on the offensive fundamentals we learned during practice last week, continue forward with our progress by taking it to CCT, and then start worrying about other opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                The last thing we need to be doing is looking ahead to SLU, because getting caught by surprise is how downward trends start. Let's focus on the offensive fundamentals we learned during practice last week, continue forward with our progress by taking it to CCT, and then start worrying about other opponents.

It's all pretty hopeless because I will be there.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  It's all pretty hopeless because I will be there.
                  Perhaps you could wear green...

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
                      Perhaps you could wear green...
                      I'm red-green colorblind.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          I'm red-green colorblind.
                          You must have problems at traffic lights!
                          What section are you sitting in this weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                            You must have problems at traffic lights!
                            What section are you sitting in this weekend?
                            I should take him to Tipperary Hill.

Comment

Besides missing Polino on Friday (this IMO is offset by Clarkson missing Brosseau) I am hearing that we may be missing a number of other players on Friday due to injury. I would hate to see last weekends momentum shut down because of a lack of bench strength.

Comment

Originally posted by Noresmen View Post
                                Besides missing Polino on Friday (this IMO is offset by Clarkson missing Brosseau) I am hearing that we may be missing a number of other players on Friday due to injury. I would hate to see last weekends momentum shut down because of a lack of bench strength.
                                Only one we know of for sure is Lacka. Who else?

Comment

Working...
                                X