Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
    I'm not convinced that #18 is all that bad. The style of BC's offense restricts his offensive contributions.

But I agree he does need to hit the weight room off season.
    Is Joel Farabee to Oliver Wahlstron what Nate Gerbe was to Jason Lawrence?
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

It's fair to point out the lack of talent around Wahlstrom but at the same time when you are drafted that high, you should be able to make some plays on your own. I just don't see that from him. Since Farabee was mentioned...from what I have seen of him, he's a better overall player than Wahlstrom.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        It's fair to point out the lack of talent around Wahlstrom but at the same time when you are drafted that high, you should be able to make some plays on your own. I just don't see that from him. Since Farabee was mentioned...from what I have seen of him, he's a better overall player than Wahlstrom.
        Wahlstrom has found out the hard way that life is a bit easier when you're riding shotgun with Jack Hughes as your center.
        The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
        BC - 12
        BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          To some degree I agree with you but I just think he needs to be allowed some freedom to be more creative on offense.

How many times this year in almost every game does BC try to get too cute with the passing ? Making the right pass at the right time is more important than just tic tac toe passing around the perimeter. The goal is to shoot the puck on net and score but it seems shot selection and the ability to shoot the puck with a quick release at times are not frequent enough from my observation. How many times have we seen BC shots blocked or deflected because they're too slow ? Or they just plain miss the net ?

If you watch the power play enough, it's just not good. They take too long to break out and do not move the puck well enough to break the box. Often there's a lot of wasted time and just plain bad skating, bad drops, bad passing and if they're fortunate, they get a couple of shots on net.

Shooting from the slot or middle is more preferable than from the corners or bad angle shots unless you can move the puck quickly to the back door and there's an open net while the goalie is trying to get back to the other post.
          NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

reading this is like bizarre world alternate universe

sorry, continue
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              reading this is like bizarre world alternate universe

sorry, continue
              But at least Tonlin is still in Pittsburgh! 😂
              Originally posted by mookie1995
              bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
              Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
              Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

I'm not convinced that #18 is all that bad. The style of BC's offense restricts his offensive contributions.

But I agree he does need to hit the weight room off season.
                His game is floating out on the perimeter between the circles and blue line and he won't go into the dirty areas. What changes in BC's offensive style do you think would make him a better player, or make BC a better team?

This is a tough league to play in when you have a max. speed of 5 mph.
                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                  but at least tonlin is still in pittsburgh! ��
                  Hahaha.
                  'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

• Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                    But at least Tonlin is still in Pittsburgh! 😂
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Forget the past. Just win the next 9 games.

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
                        Forget the past. Just win the next 9 games.
                        Just win Thursday and avoid playing the #1 seed first
                        NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Comment

Just win Thursday and avoid playing the #1 seed first
                          Agree that the focus should only be one game at a time but even with a loss they may avoid UMass as UNH would have to beat Northeastern at Matthews to pass BC. Northeastern has a lot on the line so I like their chances in that game.

Comment

Best part of this season will be the refund for the playoff tickets...there is a refund, right???

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              Best part of this season will be the refund for the playoff tickets...there is a refund, right???
                              More if you don’t join pikes next season

I just renewed my football 🏈

Comment

Wouldn’t a tic-tac-toe pass require 3 straight completed passes? I don’t think I saw that more than a half dozen times all year . 🤯

Comment

Working...
                                X