LSSU Lakers 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2018-19

Not a good effort tonight. The Saturday night home curse continues.

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
      Huntsville did this to the lakers a couple weeks ago.They lost the first night and came back the second night and would not let the Lakers breathe . Bemidji has not allowed the Lakers to breathe . The Lakers seriously need a game plan that can play against a smothering game plan.
      Lakers, BG, Mankato and Tech all play similar styles. It has accounted for 0 NCAA tournament wins since start of new WCHA.

Comment

• Originally posted by lakersparty View Post
        Not a good effort tonight. The Saturday night home curse continues.
        Showing some life now late in the game at least.

Comment

The game wasn't as close as the final score would indicate. The score could easily have been 7 or 8 to 3, or even worse. Bemidji played like they had wings on their skates; the Lakers played like they had lead in their skates. Kossoff actually played pretty well. Unbelievable how many times Bemidji players got completely behind the Lakers D. They also had a lot of 2 on 1s that they didn't really execute that well which is why the score wasn't worse. The Beavers came to play; the Lakers didn't.

Comment

• 0-5-1 at home on Saturday👎💩
            LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
              The game wasn't as close as the final score would indicate. The score could easily have been 7 or 8 to 3, or even worse. Bemidji played like they had wings on their skates; the Lakers played like they had lead in their skates. Kossoff actually played pretty well. Unbelievable how many times Bemidji players got completely behind the Lakers D. They also had a lot of 2 on 1s that they didn't really execute that well which is why the score wasn't worse. The Beavers came to play; the Lakers didn't.
              Bemidji seemed to control the first period on Friday as well. The Lakers finally woke up after the Beavers first goal. Had Bemidji hit the net on their Friday first period chances, Lakers could have easily been swept.

Comment

I was surprised Kossoff was playing after Mittens played great against MN State last weekend .

Comment

I was surprised Kossoff was playing after Mittens played great against MN State last weekend .
                  Kossoff is the number 1 goalie and is getting most of the starts. I think last Saturday Damon probably just wanted to try something different since we had already lost to Mankato 3 times this season including the night before. And it worked.

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                    0-5-1 at home on Saturday����
                    It's hard not to look at that Saturday record and wonder what could have been this season, but I will say no matter what happens the rest of the way it's been nice to have some optimism around the Lakers this season. This team deserves to be rallied around and may be the spark that gets momentum going for a solid future.

On another note, I didn't like that Crawford scolded the team for "looking at press clippings" during the broadcast Saturday night, which is ridiculous because the local media doesn't even cover LSSU. Someone mentioned building casual fans, and maybe that's one way -- actually have some press coverage of this team for once.

Comment

Is it just me or are some of the postings not getting posted or being taken off ? I could have sworn I have posted a couple postings and they never showed up on the site here .

Comment

Originally posted by lakersparty View Post
                        On another note, I didn't like that Crawford scolded the team for "looking at press clippings" during the broadcast Saturday night, which is ridiculous because the local media doesn't even cover LSSU. Someone mentioned building casual fans, and maybe that's one way -- actually have some press coverage of this team for once.

Crawford is frequently very critical of the team. Combined with all the false things he says during a broadcast and refusal to travel to some games, I seriously wonder why he is still there.

Comment

Is it just me or are some of the postings not getting posted or being taken off ? I could have sworn I have posted a couple postings and they never showed up on the site here .
                          I haven't had any problem with posting.

Comment

Lakers have stunk big time at the Ewigleben since 2008. Hoping we can reverse our bad outcomes there.

I think we will see Kossoff Friday, Mitens Saturday.
                            LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Ferris has owned the lakers on their home ice of late.

Comment

• Originally posted by SectionP View Post
                                Crawford is frequently very critical of the team. Combined with all the false things he says during a broadcast and refusal to travel to some games, I seriously wonder why he is still there.
                                If you read these posts, fans are critical of the team, then they’re critical of the announcer for being critical. Hmmm...
                                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Working...
                                X