Umd 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Umd 2018-2019

Any thoughts about a UMD repeat from the rubes?

Re: Umd 2018-2019

Very very possible

Comment

It could happen but will be tough. Hoping for the first regular season title since 1993...
      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
        It could happen but will be tough. Hoping for the first regular season title since 1993...
        Likely a 3 way fight (UMD, SCSU, UND).
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

On paper, absolutely. Only lost a few to graduation and one to pros. But on paper only means so much, but they should string together a pretty solid year.

Yep
          I wanna go fast!

Comment

UMD should be a preseason top 3 nationally along with St Cloud and Ohio State.

I think a healthy Western MI team could surprise for third this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Duluthian View Post
              Any thoughts about a UMD repeat from the rubes?
              Uhh it happened! Back to Back!

Wow...the team I never thought would win one has won THREE!! What Sandelin has done is worth every accolade he's gotten.

With Sandelin it's not out of the question to believe he can get one more before he retires.
              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

It’s been a ride!! I got a call last Sunday and the Caller ID said University of Minnesota. I’m guessing it was donor related and trying to capitalize on the game the night before.

Comment

Originally posted by CanalPark View Post
                  It’s been a ride!! I got a call last Sunday and the Caller ID said University of Minnesota. I’m guessing it was donor related and trying to capitalize on the game the night before.
                  Oh I'm sure they're doing all they can to captialize on this. I wonder how it is gonna help recruiting. That first title and arena made a huge diference...back to back titles? Man I hope that helps a lot. But UMTC and DU shows us that just because you win two doesn't mean you'll win another.
                  tUMD Hockey

Comment

Oh I'm sure they're doing all they can to captialize on this. I wonder how it is gonna help recruiting. That first title and arena made a huge diference...back to back titles? Man I hope that helps a lot. But UMTC and DU shows us that just because you win two doesn't mean you'll win another.
                    Just look at Lake State and Maine!

Comment

Somebody’s got to say it, “Threepeat?”
                      Last edited by Duluthian; 04-21-2019, 08:15 PM.

Comment

But UMTC and DU shows us that just because you win two doesn't mean you'll win another.
                        Might want to strike the latter. Carle is the only question. Despite being down by one, I think it’s very likely DU reaches 10 titles before Michigan does. They could have easily won this year. I would have been very nervous playing DU in the championship. On the other hand, I emptied my bovada account to go all in on tDogs against UMass despite being -150 favorites FTW
                        Last edited by UMD21; 04-22-2019, 12:11 AM.
                        I wanna go fast!

Comment

Originally posted by UMD21 View Post
                          Might want to strike the latter. Carle is the only question. Despite being down by one, I think it’s very likely DU reaches 10 titles before Michigan does. They could have easily won this year. I would have been very nervous playing DU in the championship. On the other hand, I emptied my bovada account to go all in on tDogs against UMass despite being -150 favorites FTW
                          My comment was more about having the same coach. DU got stale after their back to backs and Gwoz wasn't able to win another. It took Monty to come and get them going a bit again.

I was confident UMD would have beaten DU in a title game. But DU is gonna be really good next year, probably the favorite in the NCHC and national championship race.
                          tUMD Hockey

Comment

My comment was more about having the same coach. DU got stale after their back to backs and Gwoz wasn't able to win another. It took Monty to come and get them going a bit again.

I was confident UMD would have beaten DU in a title game. But DU is gonna be really good next year, probably the favorite in the NCHC and national championship race.
                            Do you think any other NCHC teams will take a big step forward next year? UND? WMU? I think we know what we're going to get with SCSU, UMD, and Denver. I'm interested to see if another team will enter the fold and be a contender next year.
                            "In heaven there is no beer. NO BEER! That's why we drink it here. RIGHT HERE!"

Comment

Originally posted by dogs2012 View Post
                              Do you think any other NCHC teams will take a big step forward next year? UND? WMU? I think we know what we're going to get with SCSU, UMD, and Denver. I'm interested to see if another team will enter the fold and be a contender next year.
                              Tough to say as I don't know diddly about their incoming classes. WMU is always a team I think will break out but somehow doesn't. UND you expect to reload and I thought they have a good incoming class. But I don't know enough about them to judge.

CC is a trendy pick but losing Leclarc all bets are off.
                              tUMD Hockey

Comment

Working...
                              X