This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. IV - It's all coming together

Turcotte did not play in the most recent game. No cause for alarm, steady as she goes.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Someone was in town.

https://***********/osiecki24/status...046953984?s=21
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
        I saw that....a business major....I love tidbits like that.

Comment

Well, the Okotos Oilers were eliminated by that single loss column Bandit team, though they managed to beat them once. Holloway had 2G 1A in the 3 games. He finishes with 40G 48A in 53 games, 2 pts behind the scoring leader, William Lemay, a Vermont recruit who is 3 yrs older than him. Looking at younger uncommitted players, there are a couple uncommitted 98's who but up pts in the 60's, Taupert and Karpysyn. There is also an uncommitted 99 with mid 60's points, Benoit. All the rest of the top 20 are committed or have played major jr's.

Comment

Apparently I misread a tweet, shocking I know, but the Oilers aren't dead yet, it's a best of 7 against the Bandits and they are down 2-1.

Comment

I think we ought to be pretty set on forwards, but I wouldn’t mind an overage Canadian or two (a Joudrey/MacMurchy type) to put in four years as a solid backbone to a second/third line.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                I think we ought to be pretty set on forwards, but I wouldn’t mind an overage Canadian or two (a Joudrey/MacMurchy type) to put in four years as a solid backbone to a second/third line.
                IDK, I like guys in the AJHL putting up 60 pts a year with another AJHL year left in the tank due to their younger age over Almquist, Bohlin and Stevens as insurance for early departures.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                  Some of the Freshmen forwards that played regularly this year will probably not play regularly next year with 5 mid to high draft pick forwards arriving. No reason to stack more players on the bench for the upcoming season(and probably no scholarship money).

They need to try to get all those guys some ice time and make them all compete so two years from now there are a slew of juniors raring to go if there is a bit more ice time available to go around.
                  Last edited by DPlaya; 04-02-2019, 09:21 PM.

Comment

I have a log queue of podcasts on my phone, but I’m definitely adding this:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...ks%2F601383051

I’m sure some of you will listen to it before I get around to it.

Comment

The Oilers forced game 6, with Holloway getting an A.

F Caden Brown made the USDP U17 team for next year. There are 4 uncommitted on the roster, a G a D 2 F.

There are 4 uncommitted from this year's U17 team, all F's. UW has 3 on the team, Grannan, Lastch and Laastch.

That's 4 in the USDP pipeline as of right now.

Comment

Turcotte will go 3 to CHI. Wild could take Caufield at 12.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                          Turcotte will go 3 to CHI. Wild could take Caufield at 12.
                          Come on, no way do I want Badgers playing for those 2 teams (Or Dallas). ANY teams but those 3. I prefer the Rangers for both, though that probably is not possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                            Come on, no way do I want Badgers playing for those 2 teams (Or Dallas). ANY teams but those 3. I prefer the Rangers for both, though that probably is not possible.
                            Having Badgers playing for the Rangers makes me want to throw up in my mouth.

Last Badger that played for the Islanders that I can recall is Sean Hill for a season. I still have great memories of Flatley playing there when I was a younger lad...
                            Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

The talking heads over at NHL.com have their draft predictions up:

Adam Kimelman
                              Buffalo picks Caufield at 7
                              Philly picks Turcotte at 11

Mike Morreale
                              Detroit picks Turcotte at 6

Guillaume Lepage
                              Detroit picks Turcotte at 6

LINK

Comment

• Shay Donovan just committed to UW per his Twitter. I assume he is the other defenseman for next season.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/361830/shay-donovan

Comment

Working...
                                X