This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    How would you guys rate the best draft classes? Draft picks/average draft position? Games played in the NHL? Games played for UW (per player)? Points per game at UW?
    I’d Say points scored and number of games won. I love the 90-91 class, Zent, Schier, Tucker, Moore, Plante. They were followed by two more incredible classes including Fairchild, Spencer, Rafalski, Carey.
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. IV - It's all coming together

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      I've always wondered what was inside those things, chocolate, vanilla or plain unfilled?
      A blast from the past to answer your question.

https://youtu.be/yZk8PZqQQNw?t=610
      In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
      I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

On Neutral Zone the Badgers were ranked 2nd for most of the year for 2019 recruiting class. They had some obviously wrong info... didn't have Donovan or Holloway coming for 2019. Had the older Caufield coming in 2019 but he's already on the roster. They charge for complete access and I thought they were the best source for rankings, but apparently they don't do any research.

Now the Badgers are ranked 3rd behind Michigan and Minn. Or at least the blurry image in the 3rd spot looks like a red "W". Find it hard to believe that class could be anything except number 1.
        Last edited by druzy192; 03-20-2019, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post
          A blast from the past to answer your question.

https://youtu.be/yZk8PZqQQNw?t=610
          I have that VHS tape! "Hockey: The Lighter Side". That's the first thing I thought of when Tim posted.

I also have a bunch of Don Cherry "Rock 'em Sock 'em Hockey" videos.
          Last edited by MadCityRich; 03-20-2019, 09:21 PM.
          "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Anyone got any bets on how many of this upcoming class won't be admitted academically? Gotta be at least one. No one's saying it but you know its coming

Comment

• Originally posted by druzy192 View Post
              Anyone got any bets on how many of this upcoming class won't be admitted academically? Gotta be at least one. No one's saying it but you know its coming
              We are such an up-beat crowd.
              Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                How would you guys rate the best draft classes? Draft picks/average draft position? Games played in the NHL? Games played for UW (per player)? Points per game at UW?
                I'm a points/game @ UW kinda guy.....The Tancill/Shuchuk/Byce/Rohlik/Sagisoor/Mendel/Oz class is hard to beat. Tancill/Shuchuk/Byce had 516 career points in just those 3, a point a game.
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by druzy192 View Post
                  It's not coming. They all are coming. They will dominate. They will thrill. We will pea ourselves in glee. In fact I need to go right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                    Tell that to Ranta, Opilka, et al

A little bit of fatalistic pessimism is, if not useful, certainly based on some real history.
                    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

On Neutral Zone the Badgers were ranked 2nd for most of the year for 2019 recruiting class. They had some obviously wrong info... didn't have Donovan or Holloway coming for 2019. Had the older Caufield coming in 2019 but he's already on the roster. They charge for complete access and I thought they were the best source for rankings, but apparently they don't do any research.

Now the Badgers are ranked 3rd behind Michigan and Minn. Or at least the blurry image in the 3rd spot looks like a red "W". Find it hard to believe that class could be anything except number 1.
                      Neutral Zone basically just takes all the possible recruits for a year and adds up their "star" rating. It's useless as it's not only inaccurate as to who is actually coming but it supposes that ten "2-stars" are just as good as five "4-stars".
                      Last edited by Wisko McBadgerton; 03-21-2019, 10:17 AM.
                      Originally posted by WiscTJK
                      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                      Originally posted by Timothy A
                      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        It's not coming. They all are coming. They will dominate. They will thrill. We will pea ourselves in glee. In fact I need to go right now.
                        I like the positive attitude. Really. But, this becoming academically ineligible to attend at the last second happened with Gary Anderson and the football team too. It's hard for me to understand how they don't know the kid can't get into school until a month before fall semester starts. The coaches must just be taking the chance on their own that the admissions department will let them in. It doesn't happen with Christ... so its gotta be the coach just taking a chance on a kid who is border line eligible.

Just another example of Granato learning his way through the college hockey world.

Comment

I like the positive attitude. Really. But, this becoming academically ineligible to attend at the last second happened with Gary Anderson and the football team too. It's hard for me to understand how they don't know the kid can't get into school until a month before fall semester starts. The coaches must just be taking the chance on their own that the admissions department will let them in. It doesn't happen with Christ... so its gotta be the coach just taking a chance on a kid who is border line eligible.

Just another example of Granato learning his way through the college hockey world.
                          I totally agree with you that there's is no way this last minute can't get into school stuff should be happening. The only caveat is maybe sometimes the players aren't straight with UW on how close they are cutting things schoolwork wise. We don't know what kind of access UW has to the recruit's grades during HS. But that means UW is going after academically questionable guys. Is that bad? What is worse, trying to squeeze a guy in and failing or not even trying and missing out on an All American who you could have squeezed in had you tried?

Comment

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                            See: "Badger Hockey recent history".
                            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

I'm glad Jesus doesn't have academic ineligible apostles. I knew Peter was smart.
                              gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Holloway has really cooled off. He only has 9 (7g2a) pts in 5 games in the playoffs. Looks like he missed the regular season final game and the first 3 of the playoffs, must have got dinged up, he was out nearly 2 weeks. I am surprised at his weight, 192, ht is 6-1. That is a very mature size for a 17 yr old. I remember Turris was a little wirery when he got to UW. I was hoping he'd be wirery too so he needed at least 3 years @ UW to bulk up. Not the case.

Comment

Working...
                                X