PDA

View Full Version : University of Louisville has preliminary chat about adding ice hockey

slowe
07-11-2018, 09:38 AM
“It was a feeling-out, very preliminary,” U of L club hockey coach Brian Graham said of Tuesday’s meeting. “We’re trying to figure out what we can do. We are hoping we have more conversations. They need more details from us and we need more details from them.”

Graham and Michael Pearce, chairman of the Kentucky Amateur Ice Hockey Association, faced-off Tuesday with a group of U of L officials that included Dr. Michael Mardis, U of L’s dean of students, and intramurals director Dale Ramsay. The athletic department, notably, was not represented.

University spokesman John Karman stressed that any changes to U of L’s master plan would require Frankfort’s approval and that current plans carry no provision for a hockey rink. Karman declined to detail any proposals made Tuesday “as they did not originate with the university.”

Though Pearce previously told the Courier Journal he has a group prepared to build an ice rink from scratch at U of L with a goal of gaining Division I status, he chose not to share specifics when contacted Tuesday.

His plan, he said, “hasn’t been fully vetted at this point.”

I feel like that's a pretty good feel of the article but for the whole thing go to:

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/louisville/2018/07/10/university-louisville-ice-hockey-campus/769693002/

sm2pk
07-11-2018, 10:06 AM
Interesting .

JohnsonsJerseys
07-11-2018, 10:15 AM
Good to see that the director of intramural sports was at the meeting. If they're going D-I they're going to need players from somewhere...
Nice to see the have the money to build the rink, but they can't tell anyone where it's actually coming from...

Equally credible: The Univ of HI Rainbows also have a plan in place to go D-I in hockey next season, but they're not disclosing any details about how they are going to do it either.

Yep, it's certainly the off season. Every school in the country talks about starting D-I hockey.
Ryan J

joecct
07-11-2018, 10:22 AM
Good to see that the director of intramural sports was at the meeting. If they're going D-I they're going to need players from somewhere...
Nice to see the have the money to build the rink, but they can't tell anyone where it's actually coming from...

Equally credible: The Univ of HI Rainbows also have a plan in place to go D-I in hockey next season, but they're not disclosing any details about how they are going to do it either.

Yep, it's certainly the off season. Every school in the country talks about starting D-I hockey.
Ryan J

That will depopulate Minnesota pretty quick!

Jimjamesak
07-11-2018, 10:40 AM
It’s Louisville, Papa John (https://deadspin.com/2013-deadspin-hall-of-fame-nominee-drunk-papa-john-1468534048) has the money.

Nick Papagiorgio
07-11-2018, 12:31 PM
"Preliminary chat" is about as meaningful as my morning "preliminary chit"

MavHockey14
07-12-2018, 02:05 AM
It’s Louisville, Papa John (https://deadspin.com/2013-deadspin-hall-of-fame-nominee-drunk-papa-john-1468534048) has the money.

I don’t think they’ll be taking any of his money any time soon...

ExileOnDaytonStreet
07-12-2018, 08:15 AM
Meaningless chatter that won’t go anywhere is better than no chatter at all.

gopher wes
07-12-2018, 09:59 AM
Unless you just enjoy poopoo-ing any potential expansion or arena plans like JJ. LOL!

Nick Papagiorgio
07-12-2018, 10:06 AM

Not really.

Split-N
07-12-2018, 10:30 AM
...The athletic department, notably, was not represented.../

That one little detail seems to speak volumes.

AMC
07-12-2018, 12:43 PM
That one little detail seems to speak volumes.

I was wondering if the intramural director was already using the conference room and stuck around, or if he just wandered into the wrong meeting.

MadCityRich
07-14-2018, 04:50 PM

Not anymore.

joecct
07-14-2018, 07:47 PM
Not anymore.

He has the money. Nobody's taking it.