New Book on College Hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Book on College Hockey

Has anyone read "Great Game! D1 College Hockey People Places and Perspectives"?

Just ordered it. Sounds good.

I got involved in college hockey with Michigan Tech about 20-25 years ago. Back then it seemed like a niche sport. It seemed like almost no one knew about it. Maybe I traveled in the wrong circles. But now it seems me it is getting more popular and more press. I know at Tech there are a lot more people involved. We were on a 30 year losing steak which didn't exactly have fans lining up at the door, but even before we started have winning seasons, the popularity started to pick up. Our Pep Band was always popular and with the start up of a student cheering section "Mitch's Misfits" the ball (or should I say puck) really got rolling. Tip of the hat (trick?) to Tim Braun and Chris Nesbitt who started "Mitch's Misfits" when there wasn't but a half of a section of students at the games.
    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Re: New Book on College Hockey

the book was ok. short vignettes of college hockey, arenas, coaches, players, refs. lots of pics, several of the misfits. but not Dryden's "The Game" by a long shot.
    Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Few people are Ken Dryden.

Putting a book like that together is hard. I keep fooling around with the idea that I'll do a book about the dear, departed College Hockey America men's conference, but I'm afraid that it might not be much more than what you noted was in that book.

GFM
      Geof F. Morris
      UAH BSE MAE 2002
      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
        Few people are Ken Dryden.

Putting a book like that together is hard. I keep fooling around with the idea that I'll do a book about the dear, departed College Hockey America men's conference, but I'm afraid that it might not be much more than what you noted was in that book.

GFM
        That's the truth! Not trashing the book, stories were interesting and I loved the pictures. (especially of Michigan Tech!)
        Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Working...
        X