Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Providence Off season Thread 2018: Insert Clever Title Here

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
    So we are at the time of year when I get to piece together PC'S upcoming schedule from the schedule of other teams. I have to say that it frustrates me that Only a few teams in HE have their schedules done and it seems the Friars are always last to post theirs. BTW I know what a little ***** I sound like in this post.
    Unfortunately most of last year was a reciprocal from the year before, so we can't use that for an easy prediction. We did hear about a possible Denver series, and I'm assuming the Mayor's Cup will happen unless it is made part of the Ledyard Classic this time around (I don't recall you doing that in the past, but there really hasn't been the opportunity). Atlantic has been tight-lipped, so there's not much that really can be done in terms of predictions.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      Unfortunately most of last year was a reciprocal from the year before, so we can't use that for an easy prediction. We did hear about a possible Denver series, and I'm assuming the Mayor's Cup will happen unless it is made part of the Ledyard Classic this time around (I don't recall you doing that in the past, but there really hasn't been the opportunity). Atlantic has been tight-lipped, so there's not much that really can be done in terms of predictions.
      What are you talking about? Last year's schedule was not a reciprocal of the year before. The year before Hockey East included the Angry Leprechauns. Last year was a completely different schedule for most of the teams in Hockey East. THIS year is mostly a reciprocal of last year, so it actually is fairly easy to figure out when most of the games will be.
      Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
      "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
        What are you talking about? Last year's schedule was not a reciprocal of the year before. The year before Hockey East included the Angry Leprechauns. Last year was a completely different schedule for most of the teams in Hockey East. THIS year is mostly a reciprocal of last year, so it actually is fairly easy to figure out when most of the games will be.
        You're referring to the in-conference games, which you are correct we know opponents and locations, just not dates. I'm talking about the non-conference games; the other third of your schedule. Miami, RIT, and SLU/CCT were reciprocals from last year. Then there were two tournaments and the Mayor's Cup., the former of which is a one-and-done. Mayor's Cup is an annual event, so we can predict that that's going to happen again, whether it's a standalone game(s) or during Dartmouth's tournament. There are a number of other non-conference games that need to be filled, though, and that's where initial analysis leads us to try to piece together those games.

Comment

First off FlagDude I appreciate all the work you put into trying to get schedules out. I love that thread and appreciate the hard work that you all put in gathering info. Some people will complain no matter what but most of us are very appreciative.

I need my insiders. Is Garrett Devine considered Conger's replacement and a go for this September? I think he'll be a good addition. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Comment

First off FlagDude I appreciate all the work you put into trying to get schedules out. I love that thread and appreciate the hard work that you all put in gathering info. Some people will complain no matter what but most of us are very appreciative.

I need my insiders. Is Garrett Devine considered Conger's replacement and a go for this September? I think he'll be a good addition. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
            Nope. As Zlax said we have the depth. Devine is a legacy player. Remember Mark Devine right about/after your time. Then he pretty much had the job Murphy has now in AD dept. it’s his son. Expectations. It’s a kid who always wanted to be a Friar, he’s certainly not cracking next year’s lineup

New rule though can dress 19 skaters.
            Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Thanks Cav! I knew he played at Cushing then the South Shore Kings but I'm embarrassed to say that the fact he was from Colorado threw me. I appreciate the heads up.

Comment

Mike McShane has Retired from Norwich.
                Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Originally posted by cavbim View Post
                  Mike McShane has Retired from Norwich.
                  Congrats to Coach McShane on an impressive coaching career.

https://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/...ent/705560002/

Comment

PC is in the Icebreaker hosted by Mercyhurst where they play Miami in October 12th and ND/Mercyhurst the next day.

They play Brown at Dartmouth on Decembwr 29th and play Dartmouth or Army the next day.
                    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

That's very kind of you. The thanks really needs to go to all on this and other threads that are able to help provide additional information.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                        PC is in the Icebreaker hosted by Mercyhurst where they play Miami in October 12th and ND/Mercyhurst the next day.

They play Brown at Dartmouth on Decembwr 29th and play Dartmouth or Army the next day.
                        PC is AT Brown on Jan. 15th a Tuesday night according to the Brown schedule released

http://brownbears.com/sports/m-hocke...20180620d3ccq8

Comment

Congrats to PC & Jay O'Brien.. going #19 in Rd 1 (Philly) in tonight's NHL festivities.
                          GO NU HOCKEY
                          Always bullish on the future.
                          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

He better produce like a 1st rounder, otherwise PC fans will never hear the end of it from Zlax

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                              He better produce like a 1st rounder, otherwise PC fans will never hear the end of it from Zlax
                              Jankowski wasn’t as mentally strong as this kid is..Janko only had one elite season at PC and a great ncaa tourney the year before. He was a little disappointing the first three years.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                                Jankowski wasn’t as mentally strong as this kid is..Janko only had one elite season at PC and a great ncaa tourney the year before. He was a little disappointing the first three years.
                                If he was a “little” disappointing hate to have heard you whine if he turned into Paul DeJersey

Then how exactly are you measuring mentally strong?

Actually every situation is different so it’s in many ways apples and oranges

Janko was really a pre true freshman being a Sept birthdate so most true freshman with that birthdate arrive a year later. His senior year there were still freshmen older than him

Janko also was part of the rebirth. He had to jump right in. O’B is going to be eased in

Further Janko was still growing, not just physically maturing. In the 18 months pre PC he grew like 5 inches and added about an inch and a half at PC, even at graduation he was not weight appropriate and still filling out

O’Brien has filled out a bit over last 2 years but there was no late growth spurt. He does not need to learn to adjust to a growing body

O’Brien is also arriving as a true freshman but he’s a late 99 so he got to enjoy that time to be the more physically mature player before PC. He’s coming about 10 months older

Further in his case he’s going to start the year as the 3rd line center. The 4top 6 guys returning are far better than those Janko had to work with. Conway and Hakkarainen are the top line centers. Hak gets Bjorkqvist line and Conway gets Dugan. For different reasons those 2 freshmen arrive at PC as 20 year olds with USHL background. A lot less pressure on O’B to start year.

Also remember while there isn’t as much talk about it, it was said that O’Brien at 19 is a stretch. Divver himself thought late first, many thought early second. Janko’sbstretch was greater but again the age thing his birthdate made him eligible by days a year early. There was more projection involved.

No matter in both cases both came directly from high school so there will be some adjustment. Again why Hak and Dugan get thrown in as Fokey/Pinho’s initial replacement.

So yeah we’ll await your whining when O’Brien doesn’t score 25 goals this year
                                Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Working...
                                X