Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence Off season Thread 2018: Insert Clever Title Here

Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post
    It's not like the Providence coaches had transcripts/grades and test scores to determine scholastic aptitude. It would be great if they had this thing called an admissions office.....oh, wait.....
    You can still be accepted into a school and decide it is not for you. Happens every day at every school ,not just with athletes. As for the PC admissions office and transcripts.... I think they had them!

Comment

Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post
      It's not like the Providence coaches had transcripts/grades and test scores to determine scholastic aptitude. It would be great if they had this thing called an admissions office.....oh, wait.....
      HockeyMom unless you're the guy's mother then you don't know what his grades were before or during his time at Providence but they had to be pretty decent to get in to PC in the first place. I had a roommate who struggled at PC and left to attend BC where hit his stride. I guess the point is you never know.

Comment

The real thing is this shows that Borek struggled at PC at identifying talent that would STAY at PC. This is at least the fourth "regular" player to leave in the last two seasons. Ryzcek, Conger, Hakkaneiren, and Baum who did play 15 games. That is ALOT in only two years.
        Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
          The real thing is this shows that Borek struggled at PC at identifying talent that would STAY at PC. This is at least the fourth "regular" player to leave in the last two seasons. Ryzcek, Conger, Hakkaneiren, and Baum who did play 15 games. That is ALOT in only two years.
          I forgot the Swede that left because he was "homesick"

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
            One of the first thoughts I had when Hakkarainen left was that Borek gambled too much in his 3 season’s, 2 foreigners could not adjust to PC culture 3 high rated Canadians and an American with jr ties went major junior. Ryzcek his initial recruit seems to have been oversold due to defensive deficiencies. Maybe you count Conger as a gamble he lost since he had decommitted twice before but he might have seen the handwriting with the incoming forwards in regards to playing time. Baum was depth that often does not work out

His legacy does have a few more player to come in so a little chance he gets higher marks, though I’d be skeptical on the Koopman twins, one is just depth to begin with. . There were also some good gets and PC has maintained its position to have to weigh

If Rohlston sticks at least 3 years it will give us a comparison to make this case. In a comparison vs Barr they seemed to go the Union route and it worked though his later recruits were questionable talents including a pair 4 years after committing still sit in the wings and still playing in the NCDC.
            Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Anybody got the link to listen to the new radio broadcast?

Comment

After 2, up 2-0 over Miami.
                3 for 3 on the PK so far...

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                -Blackadder
                "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                -Casablanca
                "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

I have this mental block with the Friars where at any point, I'm terrified they'll turn into the post-2003 pre-Leaman era teams where they just keep committing penalties until the other team ties and then wins. Argh.

3 penalties in the third. And we're at 9 minutes remaining.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                  -Blackadder
                  "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                  -Casablanca
                  "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                  -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
                    I have this mental block with the Friars where at any point, I'm terrified they'll turn into the post-2003 pre-Leaman era teams where they just keep committing penalties until the other team ties and then wins. Argh.

3 penalties in the third. And we're at 9 minutes remaining.
                    I miss the days when one lone bellow could be heard each week about what a great job the pervious coach was doing. Don't know whatever happened to the guy but he'd rant each week about how bad we sucked as fans for not being satisfied with the program as it was going backwards. Good times...

Comment

Bit of a mixed bag for HE last night with BC, BU and UNH losing (Wisconsin, Minnesota State and Colgate respectfully). In addition to Friars win, UCONN, NU, Maine, Merrimack, UMass, UML all won against Atlantic or ECAC teams
                      Last edited by 73PCFriar; 10-13-2018, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_Ice View Post
                        Anybody got the link to listen to the new radio broadcast?
                        A day late but check out the @FriarsHockey Twitter account. Usually ahead of games they have all the information there. As for a link to listen online, I don't recall - they could have had it but all games are now on 104.7 FM. Scanning the Twitter account, there's some link to TuneIn. Will probably get that on their account again prior to puck drop.

Comment

It was a 4 PM game any score

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
                            It was a 4 PM game any score
                            It was the LATE game...ND won 3-0.

Comment

Really got to get more out of Bjorkqvist, Duhaime, and Wilkins who have ZERO points combined through the first three games. All three of these guys are NHL draft picks and expected to be the core of the PC offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                                Really got to get more out of Bjorkqvist, Duhaime, and Wilkins who have ZERO points combined through the first three games. All three of these guys are NHL draft picks and expected to be the core of the PC offense.
                                Wilkins isn’t. But point taken.
                                Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Working...
                                X