Great Weekend for D3 Hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Weekend for D3 Hockey

I had the pleasure of being at the St. Norbert/Salve Regina game Saturday and I can say it was excellent hockey by both teams. I was an Assistant Coach at Salve Regina when the players used to have to bring their equipment back to their dorm rooms and to see them finally get to the Finals was awesome. It really has a lot to say about the development of hockey players across the country and beyond. Every player on the ice this weekend would likely have been a Division 1 player 10 years ago and definitely been one 20 years ago.

It was great to finally see St. Norbert in person and I was very impressed by their discipline and the steadiness of their defense as well as the speed and depth of their forwards. Sacco had unbelievable speed and in my opinion was the best forward on the ice for St. Norbert's.

For Salve, I have watched them a lot over the past 20 years and their Goalie without question is the best they have had in their program and again in my opinion was the Most Outstanding Player, stopping 103 out of 106 shot across almost 8 periods. Salve was able to come back from a 2-0 hole and have as many chances to win the game if not for a few missed shots on net. Zech Klann also had the Salve D play remarkably disciplined and I can count maybe 5-6 times during the game where the D Pinched.

I also enjoyed meeting some of the SNC boosters and I can say they were respectful of the game and the event and they were in a way excited for Salve Regina as they didn't seem to take for granted being in the Final Four every year. I also was proud to hear them say that Salve was the best team they had faced all year, which gives myself and I am sure a lot of ECAC Northeast and CCC fans joy, as for many years we were considered the doormat of college hockey.

Hockey is a great sport at every level and I am excited about the parity in Division 3 hockey theses days and look forward to getting back to another final four.

Re: Great Weekend for D3 Hockey

Originally posted by landing1010 View Post
    I had the pleasure of being at the St. Norbert/Salve Regina game Saturday and I can say it was excellent hockey by both teams. I was an Assistant Coach at Salve Regina when the players used to have to bring their equipment back to their dorm rooms and to see them finally get to the Finals was awesome. It really has a lot to say about the development of hockey players across the country and beyond. Every player on the ice this weekend would likely have been a Division 1 player 10 years ago and definitely been one 20 years ago.

It was great to finally see St. Norbert in person and I was very impressed by their discipline and the steadiness of their defense as well as the speed and depth of their forwards. Sacco had unbelievable speed and in my opinion was the best forward on the ice for St. Norbert's.

For Salve, I have watched them a lot over the past 20 years and their Goalie without question is the best they have had in their program and again in my opinion was the Most Outstanding Player, stopping 103 out of 106 shot across almost 8 periods. Salve was able to come back from a 2-0 hole and have as many chances to win the game if not for a few missed shots on net. Zech Klann also had the Salve D play remarkably disciplined and I can count maybe 5-6 times during the game where the D Pinched.

I also enjoyed meeting some of the SNC boosters and I can say they were respectful of the game and the event and they were in a way excited for Salve Regina as they didn't seem to take for granted being in the Final Four every year. I also was proud to hear them say that Salve was the best team they had faced all year, which gives myself and I am sure a lot of ECAC Northeast and CCC fans joy, as for many years we were considered the doormat of college hockey.

Hockey is a great sport at every level and I am excited about the parity in Division 3 hockey theses days and look forward to getting back to another final four.
    I think our SNC group talked to you at the Hampton Inn on Sunday morning....
    I always enjoy talking to hockey people (that know what they are talking about)...
    Look forward to more games between our two teams...
    SNC Men:
    Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
    NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
    SNC Women:
    O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Re: Great Weekend for D3 Hockey

Originally posted by pete99race View Post
      I think our SNC group talked to you at the Hampton Inn on Sunday morning....
      I always enjoy talking to hockey people (that know what they are talking about)...
      Look forward to more games between our two teams...
      Yes it was, and I would like to return the favor !! Congrats again

Comment

Working...
      X