Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Hockey Offseason: Insert Funny Title Here

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    It actually would have worked out great for both him and Maine if he stuck to his original plan.
    One thing for sure, we {Maine Hockey Program and fans} will never know on that.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
      He is good so not surprised. Be interesting if he plays college hockey. One year of him would be a good addition to some team.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
      For sure on the one and done.

Comment

I didn't realize until tonight Austin Watson made it to the NHL. I checked a few years ago and he had been playing all of his hockey in the AHL.
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
          Good luck to him. He was typical of all young kids who have committed to Maine, they dont come. He used it to get attention.
          "Teenager has trouble with major life decision, film at 11."

I think there's enough blame to go around between him (for waffling), his parents (for letting him commit), his advisor (for publicizing it) and UMaine (for extending and accepting the offer). There are plenty of faces with egg on them.

At the end of the day though, he's an NHL caliber talent from Maine, with a Maine alum parent, and he's not coming to Maine. And that's too bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by AMC View Post
            "Teenager has trouble with major life decision, film at 11."

I think there's enough blame to go around between him (for waffling), his parents (for letting him commit), his advisor (for publicizing it) and UMaine (for extending and accepting the offer). There are plenty of faces with egg on them.

At the end of the day though, he's an NHL caliber talent from Maine, with a Maine alum parent, and he's not coming to Maine. And that's too bad.
            There was nothing UMaine did. The kid said he was coming. No one at UMaine said anything. I believe NCAA rules even prevent anyone from the school saying anything. No offer was extended or accepted.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
              There was nothing UMaine did. The kid said he was coming. No one at UMaine said anything. I believe NCAA rules even prevent anyone from the school saying anything. No offer was extended or accepted.
              Is he from Maine?, I thought his parents lived in Mass and he went to NYA for a couple years.

I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                Is he from Maine?, I thought his parents lived in Mass and he went to NYA for a couple years.

Scarborough I believe. At least they were. I don't know where they reside now.

Comment

Oliver grew up in Cumberland, ME. His father is now CEO of Roomscapes based in Rockland, MA.

Comment

Rumblings on chn tweets that monty is in deep talks with Dallas stars.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                      I wouldn't be surprised this year or next that Montgomery takes a NHL Head Coaching job...his name is usually on all teams looking for a new Head Coach. Last year he was linked to the Florida Panthers. Sooner or later he'll make the jump.

Comment

Done deal... https://www.uscho.com/2018/05/02/rep...ch-nhls-stars/

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
                          Yes indeed, done deal from what I read on NHL TRADE RUMORS a few minutes ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                            Yes indeed, done deal from what I read on NHL TRADE RUMORS a few minutes ago.
                            Good for monty, he will do well. Likely two maine alum on the team too!

Comment

Good for monty, he will do well. Likely two maine alum on the team too!
                              There is three as of this season, Bishop/Shore and Brian Flynn is with Dallas also...most likely he played for there AHL team....I may be wrong on that but when the season started Flynn was part of the Dallas organization.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing "The Great Dane" play this fall

https://www.wday.com/sports/hockey/4...up-thriving-us

Comment

Working...
                                X