Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCAA Semifinal, Clarkson vs the Ohio State University.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Semifinal, Clarkson vs the Ohio State University.

For posting thoughts on the first NCAA National Collegiate semifinal, and while we're at it, we may as well have a poll, too.
    The Golden Knights
    61.11%
    The Buckeyes
    36.11%
    Bacon
    2.78%

The poll is expired.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Re: NCAA Semifinal, Clarkson vs the Ohio State University.

As fun as it would be to see another all WCHA final - I think we're heading for a rematch. Clarkson was a fun group last year, glad to hear their sending a band/crowd again this year.

Comment

I have not watched Clarkson play this season but I do not doubt their #1 seed hasn't been earned and I hear very good things about this team.
      That being said I do know Ohio State and they also earned their way here and not only do we have some very good players we have a brand new coaching staff that has been outstanding not only in their coaching ability but in how they've inspired this team to believe in themselves.
      I hope they play to their full potential Friday, as if they do they will not likely be a pushover. No predictions on my part but I believe we have a legit chance to advance.

Comment

Bacon in my Mac & Cheese for me.
        Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
        And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
        WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
        If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

I voted for Clarkson to win it all, but despite the contradiction I'm voting here with my heart for the 2 former Gophers. The M&M gals.
          "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

If Ohio State can duplicate that performance vs Boston College, they can play with and defeat anyone in this Frozen Four. Win or lose, though, I love our team, and it has been an amazing ride this season! I am so proud of our coaching staff and the girls. And I am going to be there! That's right, I am finally making a trip to Ridder Arena! ARM, you will know this, do I need to get tickets now, or will I be able to buy them at the door? I would kind of like to see where the other OSU fans sit rather than just guessing, then ending up in the other team's section. Don't want to be that guy!

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
              If Ohio State can duplicate that performance vs Boston College, they can play with and defeat anyone in this Frozen Four. Win or lose, though, I love our team, and it has been an amazing ride this season! I am so proud of our coaching staff and the girls. And I am going to be there! That's right, I am finally making a trip to Ridder Arena! ARM, you will know this, do I need to get tickets now, or will I be able to buy them at the door? I would kind of like to see where the other OSU fans sit rather than just guessing, then ending up in the other team's section. Don't want to be that guy!
              Usually you can buy tickets through the OSU ticket office and wind up sitting next to other Buckeye fans. If you ask at the Ridder ticket window, that person may or may not know. The seats reserved for the teams aren't that great; typically, they are bench seats between the goal line and the faceoff dot, or thereabouts.

Will it sell out? Not close, unless Wisco' fans decide to drive over in numbers we've never seen before. But do you want to chance traveling this far and somehow wind up w/o a ticket? (That stupid ARM told me it wouldn't sell out!)
              "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

The best “seat” in the house is standing along the rail between the blue lines, but if you get tired of standing or it is too crowded along the rail you can always go to your seat, so buy your tickets ahead of time and grab a “seat” before it gets too crowded

If you stand facing the player benches you won’t have to look at all the championship banners but you can look at the team photos of your coaches right behind you (BC fans could have admired the pictures of their assistant coach if they had actually made it to the FF)

Comment

Clarkson seems to thrive on being underestimated.... I don't have any doubt they'll come hard this weekend. I think a rematch with Wisconsin is around the corner...
                  Steve
                  Penn State Class of '95
                  Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                    Usually you can buy tickets through the OSU ticket office and wind up sitting next to other Buckeye fans. If you ask at the Ridder ticket window, that person may or may not know. The seats reserved for the teams aren't that great; typically, they are bench seats between the goal line and the faceoff dot, or thereabouts.

Will it sell out? Not close, unless Wisco' fans decide to drive over in numbers we've never seen before. But do you want to chance traveling this far and somehow wind up w/o a ticket? (That stupid ARM told me it wouldn't sell out!)
                    Clarkson sent an email out that has tickets available for the Clarkson fans in section 11 which supposedly have chair backs according to the email. Tickets can be purchased thru Clarkson alumni web site thru Wednesday.

After the game there will be a gathering at :

Blarney's Pub & Grill
                    412 14th Ave SE
                    Minneapolis, MN 55414
                    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                    And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                      Clarkson sent an email out that has tickets available for the Clarkson fans in section 11 which supposedly have chair backs according to the email. Tickets can be purchased thru Clarkson alumni web site thru Wednesday.

After the game there will be a gathering at :

Blarney's Pub & Grill
                      412 14th Ave SE
                      Minneapolis, MN 55414
                      IIRC the sides at Ridder have backs, the end zone are bleachers.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
                        Clarkson seems to thrive on being underestimated.... I don't have any doubt they'll come hard this weekend. I think a rematch with Wisconsin is around the corner...
                        I have to go with clarkson as well. The travel schedule has been very unkind to OSU the past few weeks. Columbus to Minnesota to Columbus to Boston to Columbus to Minnesota in a 2 week stretch. They may have some jet lag.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                          86 Just buy a general admission ticket and we will make room for you in the parents/family section. If your not family by now (after breaking bread with us two of the last four weekends not sure when you will be.) Thanks for all the support over the years. See you in Minny.
                          FYI, the family is meeting pregame at Sally's Saloon just off campus at 1:00pm Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
                            No one's underestimating Clarkson. You saw everyone's true analysis of 2018 Clarkson in the pre-tournament poll.

Some of the OSU Vote reflects posters voting their hearts & pledging allegiance to the Buckeyes. Most of the rest reflects posters lending support to two members of the OSU Coaching Staff. There may be a couple of contrarians in the mix.

Clarkson is the prohibitive favorite. In fact, I recommend that Clarkson rest its best players on Friday, in anticipation of the inevitable championship game appearance. Those stars shouldn't even travel until Sunday. You know, to save on hotel expenses.

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
                              No one's underestimating Clarkson. You saw everyone's true analysis of 2018 Clarkson in the pre-tournament poll.

Some of the OSU Vote reflects posters voting their hearts & pledging allegiance to the Buckeyes. Most of the rest reflects posters lending support to two members of the OSU Coaching Staff. There may be a couple of contrarians in the mix.

Clarkson is the prohibitive favorite. In fact, I recommend that Clarkson rest its best players on Friday, in anticipation of the inevitable championship game appearance. Those stars shouldn't even travel until Sunday. You know, to save on hotel expenses.
                              Not saying Ohio will win but do know this, they can play with anyone and in one game finals anything can happen especially when you have goaltending (Sauve). All the pressure is on Clarkson, OH has exceeded all expectations and continue to improve every game they play. Go Bucks Go !

Comment

Working...
                              X