Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UMass Lowell 2018: Champions of the Offseason

Alright... that ride sorta sucked

I figure if the team wants anything they will have to be champions of the offseason. Conditioning and strength starts now.

*****ing and diagnosis of other issues also begins now.

God ****it so much
    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
    Skating Friar Jersey
    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Re: UMass Lowell 2018: Champions of the Offseason

So when does the Fire Norm thread start? Oh wait...this isn't Maine.
    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Off topic: Women's basketball will have a new coach next season. UMass Lowell women's hoop coach out

Comment

I'd like to think Norm and Co have been viewing tapes and analyzing strengths/weakness through out the season and have a good idea of the problems. And the proper remedy. The success that he has had I don't think is an accident and I will be very surprised (disappointed) if there isn't noticeable improvement in the fall.

Comment

One blip is just that.

Let's hope that this ship gets back on course next season.
          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Does anyone have information on the non conference schedule for next season? I overheard in Arizona that Lowell will be visiting Miami Ohio in early Oct, not sure the date, but I think it's either first weekend of season or the second and I believe that will be the school's alumni trip. I also heard another visit to Duluth is coming in 2019-20.

I'm going to assume a return trip to Bentley will be happening. I'm looking forward to visiting their new arena.
            I'm also assuming a visit to AIC at the Mass Mutual Center will happen.

That would account for 4 of the 10.
            @Miami x2
            @AIC
            @Bentley

Comment

So

What’s for lunch??

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                So

What’s for lunch??

Pretty sure our engineer friend of ours ought to be eating an ample serving of crow.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Originally posted by carlin View Post
                  I'd like to think Norm and Co have been viewing tapes and analyzing strengths/weakness through out the season and have a good idea of the problems. And the proper remedy. The success that he has had I don't think is an accident and I will be very surprised (disappointed) if there isn't noticeable improvement in the fall.
                  Agreed.

For next season I would like to see a couple of goal scorers emerge and more team speed. Some nights the team just looked slow compared to their opponent. They also need more size up front. They didn't win too many battles along the boards this season. A couple of defensemen with a mean streak would be nice too. Hopefully the incoming recruits can help fill these needs.
                  Last edited by boblav1; 03-06-2018, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                    Does anyone have information on the non conference schedule for next season? I overheard in Arizona that Lowell will be visiting Miami Ohio in early Oct, not sure the date, but I think it's either first weekend of season or the second and I believe that will be the school's alumni trip. I also heard another visit to Duluth is coming in 2019-20.

I'm going to assume a return trip to Bentley will be happening. I'm looking forward to visiting their new arena.
                    I'm also assuming a visit to AIC at the Mass Mutual Center will happen.

That would account for 4 of the 10.
                    @Miami x2
                    @AIC
                    @Bentley
                    Miami sounds like a interesting trip. I guess you would have to fly into Cincinnati?

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                      Miami sounds like a interesting trip. I guess you would have to fly into Cincinnati?
                      I think it would be better to fly into Dayton which is closer; Cincy's airport is actually further south in Hebron, KY.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                        Agreed.

For next season I would like to see a couple of goal scorers emerge and more team speed. Some nights the team just looked slow compared to their opponent. They also need more size up front. They didn't win too many battles along the boards this season. A couple of defensemen with a mean streak would be nice too. Hopefully the incoming recruits can help fill these needs.
                        I really don't know what we have in next year's recruits at this point. Mostly '97s, mostly not from the USHL, and those that have put up serious points aren't doing it in the top Tier of Junior hockey.
                        Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

s
                          Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                          I really don't know what we have in next year's recruits at this point. Mostly '97s, mostly not from the USHL, and those that have put up serious points aren't doing it in the top Tier of Junior hockey.
                          Agreed, not much flexibility with all the '97s.

Comment

On a slightly better note (off-topic):

Men's baseball won at an ACC school this weekend, first time that's happened I believe, beating Wake Forest (but losing the series).

Men's lacrosse won at Providence yesterday, their first win over a Big East team.
                            Monty

Comment

Didn’t they beat VTech a couple of years ago?

I’m thinking of taking the 2 hour drive out to Harrisonburg for next weekend’s set... Saturday only... and hit a couple of more breweries out that way

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Working...
                              X