Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ECAC Playofffs: RPI @ Colgate (3/2, 3/3, and maybe 3/4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECAC Playofffs: RPI @ Colgate (3/2, 3/3, and maybe 3/4)

discuss
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: ECAC Playofffs: RPI @ Colgate (3/2, 3/3, and maybe 3/4)

Friday, February 2... RPI 0 at Colgate 3.
    Saturday, February 24... Colgate 5 at RPI 2.
    Colton Point is back.
    End of Discussion?

Comment

Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
      Colton Point is back.
      End of Discussion?
      Although it won't happen. he deserves a suspension. That was the dirtiest play I have seen by a college goalie in many years.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        Although it won't happen. he deserves a suspension. That was the dirtiest play I have seen by a college goalie in many years.
        Personally, I don't waste my time arguing with calls that are made... against either team.
        And I certainly don't waste my time arguing with calls that are NOT made... again, against either team.
        The players are out there giving it all they've got, every time on the ice. They are human, and they make mistakes.
        But so are the officials. They are out there, giving it all they've got, every second. They are human, and they, too, make mistakes.
        Good teams just deal with the calls that are made (and those that aren't), and move forward.
        Carry on.

Comment

Colton Point is back.
          End of Discussion?
          Depends how many opponents he attempts to tackle...
          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
            Depends how many opponents he attempts to tackle...
            Now that's a cute line.
            Not sure it is going to change the dynamics of next weekend, but it is a cute line.
            Good job!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              Did I miss something," the dirtiest play by a college goalie in years". I hope we get to see it from the film.
              It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Now that's a cute line.
                Not sure it is going to change the dynamics of next weekend, but it is a cute line.
                Good job!
                If by cute you mean factual then so be it. The kid clearly has a temper that gets the best of him on occasion. It's definitely something scouts note and will expect to be cleaned up by him at the next level. I saw him take a run at a kid in the early season tilt vs Merrimack, so this isn't anything new for him.
                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Teams are trying to run him to get him off his game. The team is very quick to respond to anyone who runs him. He just came off an injury so even more, anyone bumps him and hell might break out. Doing what they should do, protect him at any cost.
                  It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Point has six total penalty minutes on the year (including none against Merrimack) so I think his propensity to have a temper is overstated. He took a really dumb penalty last night (particularly in the context of the game situation), but that’s all it was. No way in the world was “the dirtiest play from a goalie in a long time” warranting a suspension. It was a minor for goodness sakes. And not even a roughing minor!

Comment

That said, I think it’s going to be a typically difficult ECAC playoff series. Particularly in light of how bad Colgate looked in the third period last night. Final score notwithstanding, ‘Gate was VERY fortunate to escape Troy with a win. I think Colgate wins in three games with each being close.

Comment

I saw the traffic in front of Point but didn't see anything that should have set him off the way it did. Any ideas? Meanwhile, hard to call it a truly dirty play when his stick is lying on the ground. Having grown up watching Billy Smith try to decapitate various Ranger forwards, that's how you do dirty!

Comment

Originally posted by Gate83 View Post
                          I saw the traffic in front of Point but didn't see anything that should have set him off the way it did. Any ideas? Meanwhile, hard to call it a truly dirty play when his stick is lying on the ground. Having grown up watching Billy Smith try to decapitate various Ranger forwards, that's how you do dirty!
                          Good point about Smith.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                            If by cute you mean factual then so be it. The kid clearly has a temper that gets the best of him on occasion. It's definitely something scouts note and will expect to be cleaned up by him at the next level. I saw him take a run at a kid in the early season tilt vs Merrimack, so this isn't anything new for him.
                            The kid is extremely talented (read that 'Dallas Star Draft talented' and 'Juniors Gold Medal talented'). When you are that talented, you become a target for opposing teams. You can either take that crap, or not. If not, sometimes you are penalized for your actions. But, you accept responsibility and move forward (and get the 'W'), as he did last night. He has done very well at this level, as I fully expect he will do the same at the next level. But, I am sure that your concern for his future well-being is appreciated by the entire Colgate community.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                              Did I miss something," the dirtiest play by a college goalie in years". I hope we get to see it from the film.
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lggNUIVAPC8

You can see the Colgate goaltender Colton Point interfere with the RPI player at 2:11:30. Point received a two minute minor penalty for interference. When I watch the replay online it seems as though two minutes for interference against the goaltender is the right call to make.
                              Let's Go Union!!

Comment

Working...
                              X