ALL THINGS DENVER XLI--Will Boone go to St.Paul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: ALL THINGS DENVER XLI--Will Boone go to St.Paul

AH, DIVERSITY rears its ugly head again at Daniels School of Business, KORBEL'S International Studies, guess Boone was not the only target. Although in all fairness, DU has a version of the NFL's Rooney rule which appears to have been violated in searching for a new Dean of International Studies.
    Last edited by vizoroo; 10-26-2018, 03:49 AM.
    GO DU !!!

Comment

Back in the USA! Tanner Jaillet is now with the ECHL's JACKSONVILLE Icemen. Stopped 31 of 32 shots in his last start.
      GO DU !!!

Comment

Magnificent performance over BYE this weekend moved Pios up to 7/8 in the polls
        GO DU !!!

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by ralph baer View Post
            thanks ralph--love that block DU
            GO DU !!!

Comment

Two PIOS who couldn't make it to Alumni weekend.
              Trevor Moore earned his first NHL paycheck tonight even though he didn't play. Has 12 points in 10 games for the MARLIES this year.
              Scott Mayfield matched his Islanders season high goal total (2) with an unassisted, empty netter, shorty, from about 190 feet.

At Magness Jared Lukosevicius netted his 5th goal (game winner in OT) of the weekend. That should make NCHC player of the week!

I have to say this young team has outperformed my expectations. Devin Cooley isn't Tanner Jaillet but he has been in net for 5 wins and a tie.He does have problems playing the puck when it is behind the net. Guttman, Stapely, and McLellan are all winning over 60% of faceoffs. Team averages 58.6% Way better than last year. Scoring over 4 goals per game: allowing less than 2. The real test begins with #2 St. Cloud, #1 UMD, and then #3 Providence at Thanksgiving weekend.
              GO DU !!!

Comment

Henrik Borgstrom named AHL Rookie of the Month
                Good feature on Troy Terry
                GO DU !!!

Comment

I love this team!! I still have to do my homework to know all the new names!!
                  "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                  Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
                    I love this team!! I still have to do my homework to know all the new names!!
                    Guttman 19, Pettersen 20, Stapely 7, and Demin 17 would be a good start. Soph Mendel 4 played very little last year, but he is teamed with Ian Mitchell on the blue line and is playing a bigger(and he is) role this year.

LetsGoDU is hosting a thread for the game. Not many have joined in during the home games, but maybe a road game will generate more participation.
                    GO DU !!!

Comment

Playing #s 1 and 2 lets you know you still have a way to go. Have to say Friday's victory over UMD was the highlight of the last 2 weeks. Devin Cooley had an amazing 38 save shutout.
                      Lessons to learn: Pios have been winning over 50% of the face offs until a melt down at St Paul. Out shot by both teams almost 2 to 1. Couldn't hold the lead.
                      GO DU !!!

Comment

Lets Go DU and Magness Mayhem get together to blog on last week's games against Providence and thoughts on this years team. The Fabulous Frosh, Devin "Cools" Cooley and the debut of Filip Larsson are all topics of interest.
                        GO DU !!!

Comment

That tough weekend with BYE resulted in #5 in USA Today and #6 in USCHO polls
                          GO DU !!!

Comment

It's NoDak week, but at the Ralph with 11,000 crazies dressed in green. A learning experience for our Frosh. Don't know if they've watched the pummeling of Brandon Vossburg, the gopher-Fightin in the handshake line oe the famous Dancer Dance and stroll across the ice by Gwoz. I feel confident something unusual will happen especially considering last week's free for all with UMD. 119 penalty minutes for the weekend which included 2 game misconducts in each game. Not surprisingly Todd Anderson was the ref.

BTW 5 of the top 20 most penalized teams are from the NCHC including UND and DU.
                            GO DU !!!

Comment

All I've seen is last night's box score.... what the heck happened with time expired? Soosies opened up a can o whoopass or what?
                              Soon to be lurking for two decades !

Comment

Originally posted by ScottA View Post
                                All I've seen is last night's box score.... what the heck happened with time expired? Soosies opened up a can o whoopass or what?
                                Haven't either. Wasn't too interested behind 3-1 with less than 2 minutes to play
                                Think I'll see if it is on NCHC.tv

UPDATE;
                                Not on the highlights, but on the game replay, you can see Kiersted and Durflinger behind the net face to face with a little shoving. Then it looks like Kiersted does a major push with his stick and a forearm to the neck. Refs broke it up quickly after that.
                                ( I guess "forearming" isn't in the rule book)
                                Last edited by vizoroo; 12-09-2018, 12:54 AM.
                                GO DU !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X