2017-18 St. Cloud State Season Thread - Second Attempt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017-18 St. Cloud State Season Thread - Second Attempt

Fantastic. First thread closed by board after 42 posts. It appears the last time board gave a similar public personal conduct warning was in March of 2015.

So how about them Huskies?

Re: 2017-18 St. Cloud State Season Thread - Second Attempt

Enjoy your vacation, JDUBBS.
    Last edited by Pump It Up; 02-17-2018, 02:50 PM.

Comment

So sad...
      Adios Dubbers.
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Hahahaha, at least one good thing came out of it.

I think the Huskies come out tonight and blow the doors off the Broncos.
        Originally posted by SJHovey
        Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
        Originally posted by Brenthoven
        We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Where's the joy in that if you don't have FDF to explain why the maroon & gold's victory ( or loss! ) was more impressive?
          You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
            Hahahaha, at least one good thing came out of it.

I think the Huskies come out tonight and blow the doors off the Broncos.
            Me too. 4-1 SCSU.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by captain beefheart View Post
              Where's the joy in that if you don't have FDF to explain why the maroon & gold's victory ( or loss! ) was more impressive?
              We'll have to learn to live without it.
              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
              Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

I think you'll survive.
                Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                We'll have to learn to live without it.
                You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

Penrose should be in the building next week.
                  -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                  Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Winning it at home would be great but really a split against a tough Denver team should be enough to take it home.
                    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Well if Granato is just going to sit Borgen in the press box he may as well come home and help us lock it up on home ice.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

You know what I like about this team's offense? We're 30 games into this season, our boys are #2 in GPG, and yet the top point scorer is tied at #35. Spread the wealth!
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                          You know what I like about this team's offense? We're 30 games into this season, our boys are #2 in GPG, and yet the top point scorer is tied at #35. Spread the wealth!
                          Yup...can't just shut down one or even two lines.
                          I also like those who believe we aren't that good 5x5...and just ride a hot PP and goaltending.
                          Yeah we have a good PP...but we have done a darn good job at even strength.
                          The depth of this squad hopefully will serve us well in the tourney.
                          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                          Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Can't really complain after getting 5 of 6 points on the road, but I thought we got outplayed last night. Guys falling all over the place, cherry-picking and a lot of sloppy passes, often to no one in particular. That is definitely not going to get it done against Denver.
                            Originally posted by SJHovey
                            Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                            Originally posted by Brenthoven
                            We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Pump It Up View Post
                              Lol what’d he do to get banned? Anything different than the norm?

Comment

Working...
                              X