2017-18 St. Cloud State Season Thread - Second Attempt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
    Lol what’d he do to get banned? Anything different than the norm?
    No.

The thread was a casualty, but some sacrifices are worth it.
    Originally posted by SJHovey
    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
    Originally posted by Brenthoven
    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Re: 2017-18 St. Cloud State Season Thread - Second Attempt

Two splits gets the Huskies a Penrose. Would love it if they just took care of it on home ice but just not seeing a sweep of Denver. One win each weekend for sure gets it done though.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSUBlackandRed View Post
        Two splits gets the Huskies a Penrose. Would love it if they just took care of it on home ice but just not seeing a sweep of Denver. One win each weekend for sure gets it done though.
        JWF.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SCSUBlackandRed View Post
          They don't have to sweep. If they win once then make it past the first overtime, they win the Penrose outright. They don't even have to win the 3x3 or shootout.
          scsuhockey.com
          CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

My fiancée got us tickets to the Friday game this weekend. Yup, she's a keeper.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Does Granato have something against Borgen? Kid has yet to see the ice in the Olympics.
              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                Does Granato have something against Borgen? Kid has yet to see the ice in the Olympics.
                Dont know. Motzko isn't happy about it though. Said so today on a radio interview.
                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

So easy to hate the badgers. What a ***** move.

Comment

I would like to see Borgen but this isn't an exhibition. Granato should put the guys on the ice that he thinks gives them the best chance to win. This is as big a stage as it gets.
                    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                      I would like to see Borgen but this isn't an exhibition. Granato should put the guys on the ice that he thinks gives them the best chance to win. This is as big a stage as it gets.
                      No way in hell Borgen is the 8th best dman on a team being carried by 3 college forwards.
                      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                      Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                        No way in hell Borgen is the 8th best dman on a team being carried by 3 college forwards.
                        Hard to say. Experience on the back end is way more important than up front. Their most experienced d-man (in terms of NHL experience) is only getting PP shifts, primarily (Wisniewski). I, too, wish we had seen him.

r

Comment

Gameday. I'll be there. Will you?

Comment

NCHC title.
                            Wooo
                            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                            Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Impressive weekend from the boys. Pretty big accomplishment beating this Denver team for the regular season title and going through them to do it.

The game Friday night was probably the tightest played game I have ever seen. Both teams were on each other like stink on you-know-what. It looked like St Cloud kinda gave up on trying to score the last 15 minutes of the game. They seemed content to just keep it in Denver's zone and hold onto the puck as long as they could. Might have been due to the fact that every time they shot it towards the net Denver was able to get a stick on it. Seemed like the last 10 minutes it was only a matter of time before Denver scored. Felt like we escaped the OT period as well. I thought we had the better of play in the 3 on 3. Borgen played the best game I have ever seen from him. No penalties and was just laying the wood. Blew up at least 3 Denver players taking out the aggression of not playing in the Olympics. Hrenak was spectacular. I thought Easton Brodzinski played a very good game.

Last night's game was about as good of a test as you can get before the playoffs. Denver needed to win to keep their hopes alive for the Penrose. I think Mick tweeted that they were 11-1-4 against ranked teams this season, which is nuts. And SCSU came out and rose to the occasion. Hrenak was great again. Robby Jackson played a great game, was pretty good Friday too. Poehling with the huge breakaway goal. I thought he was a little gun-shy on Friday, had a couple good looks at the net and didn't pull the trigger. Schuldt played a great game after what I thought wasn't his best performance on Friday.

Holding this Pioneers team to 3 goals on the weekend, in this big of a series, is a pretty impressive feat. Glad to see Hrenak get both starts and come out and prove that he deserved it. I am guessing with the conference title wrapped up and the #1 seed in the Pairwise on pretty solid footing, Bob will give Smith a start next weekend.

Comment

Great to see them get it done at home against a top team. Really good warmup for the postseason.

Comment

Working...
                                X