• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota Golden Gophers Season Thread 2017-18 Part II

Continued... Go Gophers!

Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers Season Thread 2017-18 Part II

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
    Continued... Go Gophers!
    Why is the old thread deleted? I wanted to see if I had gotten a response to my question.

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
      Why is the old thread deleted? I wanted to see if I had gotten a response to my question.
      For drinks? If you have time, just head to the Surly brewery. I'm not the biggest fan of their brew (and their food is overpriced) but it IS a really nice brewery, definitely something to see if you haven't been.

Guessing a certain poster affected that thread.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Thanks, but don't have a lot of time. Yeah, I am not a hop head, but would like to go there once.

Comment

Thanks, but don't have a lot of time. Yeah, I am not a hop head, but would like to go there once.
          I'm really not familiar with the area otherwise. I've heard Sally's has gone downhill, so Stub's might be the best shot. Maybe the Library? I think that's where some of the GPLers go for pre-game.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Sally's is now run by the Cowboy Jacks folks. So it's pretty crowded but the beers are only $2
            Originally posted by SJHovey
            Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
            Originally posted by Brenthoven
            We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              I'm really not familiar with the area otherwise. I've heard Sally's has gone downhill, so Stub's might be the best shot. Maybe the Library? I think that's where some of the GPLers go for pre-game.
              The Library went the way of the dodo. They are making it into a Pourhouse. Not sure if it's open again yet.
              Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
              We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                The Library went the way of the dodo. They are making it into a Pourhouse. Not sure if it's open again yet.
                Jebus. I don't even WANT to go down around that area now. The indie places are just disappearing.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  Jebus. I don't even WANT to go down around that area now. The indie places are just disappearing.
                  Agreed on the corporate takeover of Dinkytown, but the Library was no treasure.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Your boys are trending the right way at the right time. Mine not so much.
                    Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Holy socks! Another deleted thread? Sigh. I saw period #1 & the boys looked very good. Sweeps a comin'. On a side note, can one of you regulars clarify something for me? Every once in a while I see ( at the top of the page under "notifications" ) that I have a reputation comment. I have yet to figure out how to access said comment. I am pretty sure a green mark means a warm fuzzy and a red mark means I'm getting ripped. Everyone likes warm fuzzies and I for one would get a kick out of seeing what the "neg rep" on me is. Can someone enlighten me? ( For the record, I don't know how to give "rep" either, but I'm less concerned about that ) Thanks!
                      You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

Originally posted by captain beefheart View Post
                        Holy socks! Another deleted thread? Sigh. I saw period #1 & the boys looked very good. Sweeps a comin'. On a side note, can one of you regulars clarify something for me? Every once in a while I see ( at the top of the page under "notifications" ) that I have a reputation comment. I have yet to figure out how to access said comment. I am pretty sure a green mark means a warm fuzzy and a red mark means I'm getting ripped. Everyone likes warm fuzzies and I for one would get a kick out of seeing what the "neg rep" on me is. Can someone enlighten me? ( For the record, I don't know how to give "rep" either, but I'm less concerned about that ) Thanks!
                        Click on User CP.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                          Click on User CP.
                          I know I'm a total internet dork for asking, but what & where is a User CP? ( You can be painfully specific. My ego is in the cellar )

Comment

board.uscho.com/usercp.php

Comment

Thanks, but as I still can't seem to find the rep comments, I give up. Carry on!

Comment

Working...
                              X