Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers Season Thread 2017-18 Part II

Originally posted by D2D View Post
    Assuming every one of those other six games was a 50-50 tossup, what would be the odds of all them not going the Gophers way?

Would it be 1/2 x 1/2 x 1/2 x 1/2 x 1/2 x 1/2 = 1/64?

And probably less than that because most of the outcomes would have to be considered upsets?
    In common man's terms, the perfect storm hit. I don't feel like busting out numbers, half of which is because of St Paddy's Day, and hell, that's my day...
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Holy asian spamfest, gotta bump this up.

Brackets out and the sun has not come up (yet) today.

Comment

Casey Mittelstadt Watch Has Begun.

Comment

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
          Assuming every one of those other six games was a 50-50 tossup, what would be the odds of all them not going the Gophers way?

And probably less than that because most of the outcomes would have to be considered upsets?
          Eric Vegoe tweeted the lines for the six games, as posted by the betting site 5Dimes. It was basically a 50–1 parlay. $100 would have won you a little over $5000.
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post

If they're coin flips, yes, 1/64 which = 1.5625% probability it happens, or 98.375% probability it doesn't. A better chance than buying a square and hitting the final on a 100 square football pool for a comparison.
            Originally posted by WiscTJK
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
            Originally posted by Timothy A
            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Last time UMinn, UW and UND all shut out of the NCAAs?

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                Last time UMinn, UW and UND all shut out of the NCAAs?
                Looks to be about 1969. Even if you add BC into that mix. That was back when there was only four teams.

ETA: It would be interesting to stretch PWR back to all seasons and see how a constant format would have played out.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
                  I love statements like this because everyone knows once a player is drafted they relinquish all free will.

The last option is to allow Mittelstadt to go back to Minnesota for his sophomore season and then cross this bridge again next spring. If this is the route that both sides end up taking I would urge fans not have that knee-jerk reaction.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                  And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                  Twenty red lights in his honor
                  Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                    I love statements like this because everyone knows once a player is drafted they relinquish all free will.
                    Agreed, he's an NHL slave now.

This article, "Casey Mittelstadt's freshman year is over. Is Buffalo next?" has a nice "the Gophers are screwed, we need him now in Buffalo" spin to it:

The NCAA announced its Frozen Four bracket Sunday and, as expected, Mittelstadt's Minnesota Golden Gophers failed to make the field. His freshman season is over, which could prompt the Buffalo Sabres to sign their top prospect.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                      I doubt there is a god, but if there is, s/he clearly did not want the gophers to be in this tourney. How else do you explain that?
                      It's not God's fault, its Math's fault. And UM's fault for not winning enough games.
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        It's not God's fault, its Math's fault. And UM's fault for not winning enough games.
                        Everyone too depressed to start an Offseason thread, or just can't find this one with all the spam?

Comment

I suppose it’s technically not the off-season until April. *shrug*

That or there’s really no need for a new thread when this one works.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Holy Thread Spam Batman! Chinese hacks apparently love USCHO. And the hits just keep on comin'. Can't keep this on the first page. Obviously an automated hack.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
                              Holy Thread Spam Batman! Chinese hacks apparently love USCHO. And the hits just keep on comin'. Can't keep this on the first page. Obviously an automated hack.
                              Clearly Korean, given the alphabet that's being used. However, it is certainly quite annoying.

Comment

Different screen names...computer generated posts. Close to 46 pages of it now as I'm writing this and continuing. I've reported it a few times, no response yet from Admin.

Comment

Working...
                                X