This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017-18 St. Cloud State Season Thread

This is a thread for people to discuss St. Cloud State University Huskies hockey. I thought we needed a thread for people to congratulate us when SCSU wins the Penrose, gets to the Frozen Four and eventually wins the National Championship.

This is not a place to discuss NHL goal totals of players, research funding, or famous alumni from other universities.
    Originally posted by SJHovey
    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
    Originally posted by Brenthoven
    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Re: 2017-18 St. Cloud State Season Thread

Regardless of the PWR, we're a horrible team and deserve nothing but derision. We're not even located in Minneapolis and therefore unworthy of having a successful year. We don't have enough history to have that PWR.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      Regardless of the PWR, we're a horrible team and deserve nothing but derision. We're not even located in Minneapolis and therefore unworthy of having a successful year. We don't have enough history to have that PWR.
      I don't even know why we bother playing at all...i mean we have no one successful in the NHL...so what's the point?
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Anyone have thoughts on the goalie situation? Seemed like Bob was leaning toward Hrenak going into last weekend. Smith looked great on Friday night, then Hrenak gets the shutout on Saturday. I have no idea what Bob's plan is for the playoffs, but I think he will pick one goalie and stick with him. Hrenak clearly has the better numbers, but the team has a higher winning percentage with Smith in net. My gut says he will go with Smith, but I hope I'm wrong.
        Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
        We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

I like Hrenak. He looks more fundamentally sound and squares up to the shooter better than Smith. He also seems calmer, more collected than Smith on the ice.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

It seems like it is shifting toward Hrenak but it may not become "his job" till the tourney.
            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
            Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Nothing will surprise me with the goalies, so I'm not going to make a prediction. However, I believe that whoever ends up being the guy should start getting back-to-back starts pronto.

Comment

SCSU scored 9 goals at home to WMU's 10 but got a split out of it. All by itself that doesn't bode well for SCSU this weekend playing on the road in Michigan.

My prediction next 6, 2-4 overall, but 1-5 wouldn't surprise me at all.

So this weekend I'm leaning towards a sweep, but only about 60/40. That 1 win in the not surprised if SCSU goes 1-5, would most likely come this weekend, imo.

But I could be wrong. Enjoy the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                  This is a thread for people to discuss St. Cloud State University Huskies hockey. I thought we needed a thread for people to congratulate us when SCSU wins the Penrose, gets to the Frozen Four and eventually wins the National Championship.

This is not a place to discuss NHL goal totals of players, research funding, or famous alumni from other universities.
                  Btw, I would not think of discussing anything but SCSU hockey here in the SCSU thread. I will even refrain from referring to the school by anything other than SCSU or St Cloud St University. And you also don't have to worry about me hanging out in here much at all. I mean, why would I have to, you all come to the Gopher thread more than here anyways, right? Hey, as long as its to discuss GOPHER hockey, I'm all for it.

Comment

Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
                    SCSU scored 9 goals at home to WMU's 10 but got a split out of it. All by itself that doesn't bode well for SCSU this weekend playing on the road in Michigan.

My prediction next 6, 2-4 overall, but 1-5 wouldn't surprise me at all.

So this weekend I'm leaning towards a sweep, but only about 60/40. That 1 win in the not surprised if SCSU goes 1-5, would most likely come this weekend, imo.

But I could be wrong. Enjoy the weekend.
                    Oh boy, you really got me mad now...

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                      Oh boy, you really got me mad now...
                      But think of how SCSU getting a weekend sweep will be just that tiny bit more enjoyable knowing that not only did your team win, but Fred was proven WRONG, lol.

Comment

Something no one has ever said...I wonder what Dubbers thinks...
                        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                        Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                          Something no one has ever said...I wonder what Dubbers thinks...
                          Funniest part of that little post of yours, is the fact that I am not JDubbs. :P

Carry on.

Comment

Funniest part of that little post of yours, is the fact that I am not JDubbs. [emoji14]

Carry on.
                            Ok JDubbs.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Funniest part of that little post of yours, is the fact that I am not JDubbs. :P

Carry on.
                              Ok then Dubbers...
                              Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.
                              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                              Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Working...
                              X