Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maryville University adding club hockey with possible future move to NCAA

Article: https://www.maryvillesaints.com/news...ead-coach.aspx

Maryville University in suburban St. Louis, MO announced earlier this week the start of a competitive club program. Nice to see more schools adding hockey at any level.
    Over the years there's been lots of loose rumors about St. Louis area schools getting NCAA hockey. Lindenwood probably being the closest with an established ACHA powerhouse men's program and the LU women moving to NCAA a few years ago. Also St. Louis University has been off-and-on rumored after sponsoring an NCAA DI team back in the 1970s. With the a growing talent pool and also proximity to much of the NAHL, USHL, and Chicagoland talent, and NCAA DI program in St. Louis could be very successful if a school commits the resources.

The last line of Maryville's club hockey announcement is very interesting: "As the team's success and talent grows in the coming years, the University will consider moving the program into the NCAA Division I ranks."

Originally posted by sbkbghockey View Post
    Article: https://www.maryvillesaints.com/news...ead-coach.aspx

Maryville University in suburban St. Louis, MO announced earlier this week the start of a competitive club program. Nice to see more schools adding hockey at any level.
    Over the years there's been lots of loose rumors about St. Louis area schools getting NCAA hockey. Lindenwood probably being the closest with an established ACHA powerhouse men's program and the LU women moving to NCAA a few years ago. Also St. Louis University has been off-and-on rumored after sponsoring an NCAA DI team back in the 1970s. With the a growing talent pool and also proximity to much of the NAHL, USHL, and Chicagoland talent, and NCAA DI program in St. Louis could be very successful if a school commits the resources.

The last line of Maryville's club hockey announcement is very interesting: "As the team's success and talent grows in the coming years, the University will consider moving the program into the NCAA Division I ranks."
    NCHC or WCHA? Lol
    Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Re: Maryville University adding club hockey with possible future move to NCAA

I'll believe it when I see it.

Comment

The fact that the university encourages sports is good. I would even encourage sports activities so much that i would allow students not to get involved in the educational process. I would even close my eyes to the fact that students who represent a university or college in sports terms, use professional services ✏️ that help them do their homework. Because these students should give priority to playing sports, and not doing math, writing or other subjects, because they can prove themselves better in sports, that is, such a waste of time will give more profit.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
          NCHC or WCHA? Lol
          Actually they will be in the Pac12 with Fairbanks as their travel partner / rival.
          Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
          https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
          Originally posted by geezer
          Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
          Originally posted by manurespreader
          ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post

NCHC or WCHA? Lol
            They will be joining the CCHA as they have budgeted for bus gasoline, Motel 6 stays & Waffle House delivered meals for the visiting teams.

Comment

For grins, I’ve been keeping a spreadsheet of schools that might add hockey, according to this board. Ranked by my estimation of how likely it is to actually happen.

Maryville makes for once again having 47 teams on the list. (I added LIU to the list, assuming there was a chance they’d back out, but they appear to actually have a team)

I’ve got them ranked at a tie with Lindenwood for 26th most likely to add hockey at a 0.5% probability of actually happening.
              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Working...
              X