X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Black Bears 2017/18, Red dawn

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    I think this season has to be considered a clear step forward with 18 wins and winning a playoff series. I'd be thrilled if Maine got anything out of next weekend, but don't expect it. Hopefully Maine is able to get two or three more good players next year. If this happens and the returning guys improve Maine should be in the mix for an NCAA spot.
    One win against a team they haven't beaten in a dogs age would be nice. Need the first game, anything can happen after that

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Zach Whitehead scores the game winner with 30 seconds left in OT on the road against Rivers School. Kimball Union is once again in the Elite 8 championship game today against Salisbury.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
        Zach Whitehead scores the game winner with 30 seconds left in OT on the road against Rivers School. Kimball Union is once again in the Elite 8 championship game today against Salisbury.
        You suppose Zach will come to Maine?
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
          you suppose zach will come to maine? :d

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
            One win against a team they haven't beaten in a dogs age would be nice. Need the first game, anything can happen after that

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
            Yeah, I think Maine's best chance is to win games one and three.
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
              Hope so. Maine has played a lousy SOS this year, but there's so much parity (mediocrity) in college hockey these days that adding a few good players could make a world of difference.

The bar is pretty low. And if Red can't get Maine over it at last, he needs to go.
              I think things are different more than anything else. It isn't completely the top teams getting worse. Atlantic Hockey, EZAC, and bottom of hockey east have gotten a lot better than they were 10 or 20 years ago. It would be nice to see Maine swap spots with Northestern next year and I think there is a reasonable chance of that happening. It's hard for me to see how Hockey East is a lot better next year.

Comment

Maine finishing in 2nd place next year? Ok.

Comment

I think that Maine has a real decent chance this coming weekend versus Providence...yes they need to steal game #1 and force PC into changing there attitude against Maine...difference here is this season Maine is in good shape in net with Swayman, he can steal a series and this team seems to this year found there groove at times on the road...so I think a tough/tough series here. On one last note from last night's game #2 finish, I was embarrassed by the action of #47 Hamilton at the end of the game...yes I know emotions fly high in the playoffs and against arch rival UNH, but he did too much at the end and to have Gendron grab ahold of him and yank him away showed that...the clacking of the stick like a 7 year old...oops sorry to a 7 year old as the kid would have more brains to do that compared to Hamilton. Actions like that in the next series will only doom Maine versus Providence, hopefully the Staff and Players have echoed it to him...he's better defending/blocking shots and cleaning the front of the net then serving time in the box 3-4 times a game.

Comment

Originally posted by j.d. View Post
                    maine finishing in 2nd place next year? Ok.
                    nope....

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      Maine finishing in 2nd place next year? Ok.
                      I don't necessarily think Maine finishes second but I do think they will take Northeastern's spot in the top four. They will have a much harder time without their big guns next year, obviously.

Who do you think is any good next year? I'm actually pretty high on BC and assuming they don't have much for defections they should be good. After that I would anticipate BU and Providence finish top four but it seems a lot of years they finish below what I expect heading into the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                        I don't necessarily think Maine finishes second but I do think they will take Northeastern's spot in the top four. They will have a much harder time without their big guns next year, obviously.

Who do you think is any good next year? I'm actually pretty high on BC and assuming they don't have much for defections they should be good. After that I would anticipate BU and Providence finish top four but it seems a lot of years they finish below what I expect heading into the season.
                        I think Maine will improve and especially "IF" Swayman continues his play in net...as far as the other's...yes on the BC's/BU's and PC will be there and you can bet Bazin's UML team will rebound also...I look for a BETTER Hockey East next season also...the rest of the League will be hard to play on any given night {imo only}.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

Based on this year and the fact BC has basically everyone returning, they will probably be preseason favorite in hockey east. I do agree that NU will take a step back. I don’t know enough to handicap the whole league but i would think BU and Providence to be around the top four. I'd expect Lowell to rebound. Maine could be improved, I would just be surprised if they come in 2nd. I suppose top 4 isn't out of the question.

Comment

Maine in top four seems reasonable goal.

On a different note I enjoyed watching women's bball today. They got a big game coming up. Nice to see that, go girls Go! My favorite part was how Rossignol played. Great name from the past of Maine high school and then Orono hoops.

Comment

A top four seeding is a perfect goal for Maine in my opinion. Reachable, but not a sure thing, they’d have to work for it. BC should be considered the favorite, they took a senior-less team to first place and tore through their league schedule. PC will still be a solid team, a good goalie in Hawkey and a solid defense with enough scoring punch. If BU could finally live up to their allegedly limitless potential, they could be a major player. NU should step back, Sikura and Stevens are graduating and Gaudette could sign with Vancouver, but they have good depth and an outstanding freshman goalie to anchor them. I’d expect Mass-Lowell to bounce back from a tough year, and my pick for next years dark horse is Massachusetts. They’ve been on an upward trajectory this year similar to Maine and have an excellent coach in Greg Carvel, so I expect them to make some noise in the middle of the standings. Top four: possible? Yes. Should that be their target? Yes. Will they reach it? We’ll have to watch next year and find out.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                                A top four seeding is a perfect goal for Maine in my opinion. Reachable, but not a sure thing, they’d have to work for it. BC should be considered the favorite, they took a senior-less team to first place and tore through their league schedule. PC will still be a solid team, a good goalie in Hawkey and a solid defense with enough scoring punch. If BU could finally live up to their allegedly limitless potential, they could be a major player. NU should step back, Sikura and Stevens are graduating and Gaudette could sign with Vancouver, but they have good depth and an outstanding freshman goalie to anchor them. I’d expect Mass-Lowell to bounce back from a tough year, and my pick for next years dark horse is Massachusetts. They’ve been on an upward trajectory this year similar to Maine and have an excellent coach in Greg Carvel, so I expect them to make some noise in the middle of the standings. Top four: possible? Yes. Should that be their target? Yes. Will they reach it? We’ll have to watch next year and find out.
                                Great synopsis.

Comment

Working...
                                X