Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

I wonder when Michigan Tech will apply again to host a regional in Green Bay? I think 2012 was the last time they hosted one.
    MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
    2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
      I wonder when Michigan Tech will apply again to host a regional in Green Bay? I think 2012 was the last time they hosted one.
      My guess is they lose money. With the attendance at regionals lately, they could host one at the Mac.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Listening to Coach Hasting's comments after last night's game was not that of a Coach with a huge ego about building a great team. He was totally complimentary and noted getting the two early ones were good for his team.
        The impression I had previously of the Mavericks was a team from the years past always playing on the edge, scrums all night in the crease, pushing hard to put in any loose puck in the house area. Every time you skate with the Mavs you need to play whistle to whistle.... But, last night, I did not notice that as much. I was wondering if this version of the Mavs is more highly skilled, and playing a bit different style. There are several of the same guys as holdovers just to name a few like Coatta, McClure that made the rivalry great the past couple years. However, for us much better to have Mankato traveling for the playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
          Gould didn't get on the scoreboard but he worked his tail off last night and was really getting under the skin of the MSUM players. He is drawing a lot of coverage as is the whole line but they need to be on the ice. They logged a lot of ice time but played with energy most of the night. They had the shift just before the last 1:26 in which they did struggle a bit. Maybe the coach felt they were too gassed to go?
          I agree, Gould was givin' er last night, but there just wasn't a lot of open ice to work with. I wondered if that line was getting over worked, even the MSU announcers were commenting how much ice time they were getting.

Go Huskies!!!

Comment

• Looking like kero is out tonight? People around us said they saw him point to his leg last night and we arent seeing him out there tonight.
            Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
              The Resch isn’t available that weekend any more due to high school basketball & volleyball tournaments and the Gamblers. The venue just signed to extent those deals through 2025.
              Last edited by davyd83; 03-10-2018, 06:48 PM.
              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Way to go Huskies! Bring on game three

Comment

Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
                  Way to go Huskies! Bring on game three
                  Listening to the highlights, and if you didn't know where it was being played you would swear it was a Huskies home game.

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                    Listening to the highlights, and if you didn't know where it was being played you would swear it was a Huskies home game.
                    Two high quality games and two nail biting finishes. Great to see the WCHA provide this kind of hockey.
                    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

I'm real curious if there will be changes to the line up for tomorrow.
                      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Two really fun games to watch, even though online. I really like Mankato, they're a great team that plays the right way and they're good sports. Well coached for sure. I thought both teams played better on Friday, but I never would have thought PACKY! had a stellar game like Saturday's in him. Great job from him to get the Sunday game.
                        Also the Mankato TV guys are the best I've listened to in the league (not Dirk level, but for TV), they're knowledgeable and fair. When they talked about the 4 illegal hits (eventually it was 7) that Mankato was not called for tonight, along with all the bad icing calls against Tech, I was reminded of the study in color theory where it was shown that NHL teams took something like 30% more penalty minutes when they wore their blacks than when they wore their whites. It's not intentional, but it's a consistently lopsided bias against the color black. It happens in the NFL also. My theory is that Tech should just burn the blacks and play in gold, white, or cream from now on.
                        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                          The Resch isn’t available that weekend any more due to high school basketball & volleyball tournaments and the Gamblers. The venue just signed to extent those deals through 2025.
                          I guess we won't be hosting anything at the Resche for some time then.
                          MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
                          2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Way to go Tech! Good luck tomorrow.
                            LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Kero or Munson in the nets tomorrow night?

Comment

• Originally posted by ole ole ole ole View Post
                                Kero or Munson in the nets tomorrow night?
                                Munson, pretty sure what’s up with Kero won’t be resolved by tomorrow.
                                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Working...
                                X