Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

So tired of listening to this coach. YOUR guys are going to be what you tell them they are. You tell them they are ****ty they are going to be ****ty!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
      So tired of listening to this coach. YOUR guys are going to be what you tell them they are. You tell them they are ****ty they are going to be ****ty!

He should wash their balls when they don't play well, I am sure that will help.

I see the revolving door of goaltending continues tonight.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

I really don't think they played any different tonight. The goaltender stopped pucks and pucks went in for MTU.
        The effort in my humble opinion was the same as last night.

Comment

I’ve wanted to see Kero back in the net. I will never be a fan of riding a goalie that is giving up lots of goals, just so the team is comfortable. Kero got his chance tonight, and looked good. The save at the end of the period is the type of stuff that inflates a team.

That said, I don’t think there is a huge difference in goalies right now. last week the GAA was within .oo5 or so, and I doubt any one is going to emerge at this point.

I don’t understand the day/ night difference in this team. At least they are kicking butt on saturdays, so I can feel good all week long.
          Go Huskies!

Comment

It's all about transition to Joe's ideas/system, and unfortunately some average-at-best goaltending, mixed in with flashes of brilliance. The hysterics here the last 2-3 months have been hilarious.

Comment

The difference last week from Friday to Saturday was intensity. It was way more intense saturday. Same this week however saturday was not as intense as last week.. I agree we made a lot of the same mistakes, just fewer and the goalie bailed us out a good bit.That save was after the horn went so it doesn't count. Glad to see him doing well though.
              I'm hoping jackson isn't hurt too bad. I really like his game and he makes such a difference at times to our game. I thought Baltus played ok but it was obvious he is still hurting. I'd like to see him rest up some more and be ready for the playoffs.
              We also do not get all day to move the puck out of our own end. The other team is going to try to take it away. You need to think about what you might do before the puck comes not after.
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                It's all about transition to Joe's ideas/system, and unfortunately some average-at-best goaltending, mixed in with flashes of brilliance. The hysterics here the last 2-3 months have been hilarious.
                Couldn't agree more. With everything we lost at the end of last season, i don't care who the coach is there was going to be a dropoff this season. Add in all the injuries, especially on defense and we could very easily be further down in the standings than we currently are.

All the sky if falling folks need to R-E-L-A-X. Looking at the classes coming in over the next couple of years I'm pretty excited to see where the program is going.

You may not like Joe's answers on his show and interviews, but I'll take honesty over canned coach speak any day.

Comment

Here's something that bugs me about our team. If you watch the eastern skill teams like BC say, those guys are deadly close in to the net. They stand very close and they expect a pass with no notice and are ready to move the puck towards the net instantly, from a pass that comes almost out of no where. Whereas if you watch our team, we get to the net front but we are not ready for the pass and if it comes, which it does every so often, we miss the shot or shoot wide, or are slow to react. Drives me nuts watching goals go by the wayside because of it.
                  And the second thing that drives me nuts. We get a forward who is in possession of the puck after the first pass from a defenseman, this is often still deep in our end. What does he do,? he shoots it up the boards without really thinking about where to go with it and it goes right to their point man, or to our guy who is not in position to keep it and who is covered by their point man. We end up giving up possession for no reason.
                  Last edited by manurespreader; 02-11-2018, 01:40 PM.

Comment

I have not seen one comment on here asking for the coach to be canned. I'm not even sure I could find a comment that says he is doing a bad job of coaching the players.
                    The sky is falling attitude comes directly from the coach after every loss recently. He tears the players apart after every loss. Actually berates the character, the effort and the desire to perform. I guarantee if you watched Friday's game and Saturday's game without seeing features that identify the 2 games; 90% of you on this forum could not tell me which game was which. The effort, the drive and desire was there both nights. The turnovers, missed coverages, etc. were there both nights. The difference, pucks went in for MTU and not for Bemidji on Saturday night.
                    This is a **** good team, fighting a lot of issues that they don't control and doing one hell of a job. They need a coach that's behind them 100%, not just when they win.
                    And no they don't need a **** peacock.
                    Listen to Friday's post game locker room interview and you tell me how you feel any confidence after that. He's better off skipping the interview because his assessment of the game is wrong. I guarantee the guys were as upset as he was and they care about the jersey as much as he does.

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
                      I have not seen one comment on here asking for the coach to be canned. I'm not even sure I could find a comment that says he is doing a bad job of coaching the players.
                      The sky is falling attitude comes directly from the coach after every loss recently. He tears the players apart after every loss. Actually berates the character, the effort and the desire to perform. I guarantee if you watched Friday's game and Saturday's game without seeing features that identify the 2 games; 90% of you on this forum could not tell me which game was which. The effort, the drive and desire was there both nights. The turnovers, missed coverages, etc. were there both nights. The difference, pucks went in for MTU and not for Bemidji on Saturday night.
                      This is a **** good team, fighting a lot of issues that they don't control and doing one hell of a job. They need a coach that's behind them 100%, not just when they win.
                      Listen to Friday's post game locker room interview and you tell me how you feel any confidence after that. He's better off skipping the interview because his assessment of the game is wrong. I guarantee the guys were as upset as he was and they care about the jersey as much as he does.

I didnt hear the Friday post game interview nor did I hear what he said to the team in the dressing room. Whatever he told the boys seemed to work. I don't think Coach said anything that broke the confidence of this team.

I was at the game on Saturday and the boys played hard. They got some nice bounces but they also created their breaks. Kero was solid which has been a major source of inconsistency this year. These guys have battled all year long and are showing no quit.

I like this coach.
                      I like his assistants.
                      I like these players.
                      I like this team.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                        Here's something that bugs me about our team. If you watch the eastern skill teams like BC say, those guys are deadly close in to the net. They stand very close and they expect a pass with no notice and are ready to move the puck towards the net instantly, from a pass that comes almost out of no where. Whereas if you watch our team, we get to the net front but we are not ready for the pass and if it comes, which it does every so often, we miss the shot or shoot wide, or are slow to react. Drives me nuts watching goals go by the wayside because of it.
                        And the second thing that drives me nuts. We get a forward who is in possession of the puck after the first pass from a defenseman, this is often still deep in our end. What does he do,? he shoots it up the boards without really thinking about where to go with it and it goes right to their point man, or to our guy who is not in position to keep it and who is covered by their point man. We end up giving up possession for no reason.
                        Maybe you should volunteer to help scout for new player since you have very few good things to say about the current ones and appear to know so much about what they should be doing. Or strap your own skates on and see what you can do.
                        If you want perfection you won't find it in this sport at any level.

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
                          Maybe you should volunteer to help scout for new player since you have very few good things to say about the current ones and appear to know so much about what they should be doing. Or strap your own skates on and see what you can do.
                          If you want perfection you won't find it in this sport at any level.

That would be hilarious. And I like our team. , I'm really not that down on them and I'm not looking for perfection. I guess I get spoiled watching the NHL. .

Comment

• Originally posted by rustedblades View Post

In order to correct mistakes, you first must identify mistakes. If you don’t identify and correct mistakes, you will continue to make mistakes.

It the postgame of the Friday NMU-UAF game, the coach identified areas where he felt his team was lacking in their performance that night. He addressed those issues with his team. His team has 20 wins, no coddling necessary.
                            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                              That would be hilarious. And I like our team. , I'm really not that down on them and I'm not looking for perfection. I guess I get spoiled watching the NHL. .
                              Kind of funny because they make the same stupid mistakes in the NHL. Maybe not as many but they are there.
                              I just feel this team deserves more respect from the coach. Many of them were a large part of the championship last year and ALL of the freshman are doing great!

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                                In order to correct mistakes, you first must identify mistakes. If you don’t identify and correct mistakes, you will continue to make mistakes.

It the postgame of the Friday NMU-UAF game, the coach identified areas where he felt his team was lacking in their performance that night. He addressed those issues with his team. His team has 20 wins, no coddling necessary.
                                I would like you to listen to the post game and see if your comment is valid, I think not.
                                I would be ok with your approach.

Comment

Working...
                                X