X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Silly, he is going to the wild
    Looks like he’s gone. Milbury just all but said it.

Comment

• Re: Boston University 17-18 - thread El Segundo

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
      It really is remarkable how McAvoy, Bellows and Greenway have looked like completely different players this year when they're not being coached by Quinn.
      I'll give you McAvoy, but Bellows is excelling against 17 and 18 year olds. His main problem last year was not being able to respond to larger and more physical players as well as more developed defensive schemes. Also, Greenway in the second half of this season has been one of our most consistently dominant performers. When Quinn moved him onto a line with Tkachuk and Melanson all three began to excel as a consistent top line.
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
        Looks like he’s gone. Milbury just all but said it.
        He may very well leave, but I highly doubt Millbury has any info.

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
          He may very well leave, but I highly doubt Millbury has any info.
          Has Greenway told Michael Russo yet?

Comment

If the Olympics weren’t happening and he was going to leave for the Wild, he’d do it after BU’s last game. The Wild can wait till whenever that is.

Comment

I thought I heard that Jordan is on track to graduate or at least be close to it in three years? I don't think anyone reasonably expects that he'll be back next year.
              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                Has Greenway told Michael Russo yet?
                Tater still butthurt over not knowing who Russo is...sad!

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                  I thought I heard that Jordan is on track to graduate or at least be close to it in three years? I don't think anyone reasonably expects that he'll be back next year.
                  Nobody. And I mean nobody, expects him to be back next season. The topic on the table is does he come back to play 2-3 more games in Scarlet and White or does his flight go directly to Minneapolis-St. Paul?
                  It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                    Nobody. And I mean nobody, expects him to be back next season. The topic on the table is does he come back to play 2-3 more games in Scarlet and White or does his flight go directly to Minneapolis-St. Paul?
                    I think the high character thing to do is finish the season with your team (BU) and then do what every other kid jumping to the pros does after NCAA elimination... sign a contract and go. I mean theoretically he can get a few more games in as a pro; with a pro-rated NHL salary that still isn't chump change but at rookie minimum it isn't exactly going to make or break things either.
                    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

They're playing tonight, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                        OK yes I believe tonight 10:10 pm EST. Which is Wed in Korea.
                        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                          Wed., Feb 21 Czech Republic Quarterfinals 12:10 p.m./10:10 p.m. (Feb. 20)

I think it's tonight.

BU Alum '07

Comment

For my money, the 3 best Americans all tournament have been Donato, Terry and Greenway. Imagine if they actually embraced sending college kids instead of these AHLers and NHL has-beens?
                            2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                            2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

I can understand them being hesitant to go THAT young when you're playing against a lot of older players from other countries. But, if there's no NHL in the Olympics again next time around hopefully the success of Donato etc. this time around leads to a different roster construction. They probably didn't know what to expect and were nervous of just selecting the best college players. But ya, seeing Donato light it up should open a lot of eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                I can understand them being hesitant to go THAT young when you're playing against a lot of older players from other countries. But, if there's no NHL in the Olympics again next time around hopefully the success of Donato etc. this time around leads to a different roster construction. They probably didn't know what to expect and were nervous of just selecting the best college players. But ya, seeing Donato light it up should open a lot of eyes.
                                I see the point, though at some level you have to consider there's a reason some of these guys are in their early to mid-30s and either are no longer on NHL rosters or are career AHL players. Perhaps adding a few for veteran leadership purposes is a good idea, as well as a few US-born KHL players since that's halfway between the NHL and AHL. But with the pool of US players at the collegiate level being as strong as ever and the consistent success of the US at the WJC they must be included. Adam Gaudette is the most obvious case here, but you can also add his linemate Nolan Stevens, Dylan Gambrell from DU, and others.
                                Last edited by brassbonanza; 02-20-2018, 04:32 PM.
                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Working...
                                X