Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Union College 2017/18 - Because they deserve their own thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Union College 2017/18 - Because they deserve their own thread...

I'll start by saying that I should have done this months ago. Just kept putting it off...

What can I say they just beat Harvard again and it inspired me. As the Dutchwomen sit in ninth place in the ECAC 2 points out of the tournament we can certainly take a look at how we got here.

The girls have scored 48 goals to date this year which is 10 more than all of last year, this is at a 2.2 goal per game clip. 71% of those goals have been scored by freshman or sophomores. Our power play is running at a respectable 22% and the PK at 25%. Compared to the previous two years (2016/17 at 1.1 goal per game and 2015/16 at .7 goals per game) and we are trending upward with a good young core.

ECAC play has been what one would expect from a young team. Basically sometimes we're inconsistent. We are a late game tying goal against q-pac, a third period let down against Yale and a flat game against Dartmouth coming out of the break from 14 points and 3rd place in the ECAC. That's not to say that we deserved those wins, but we certainly played well enough in those games to win. The one thing that you will learn if you watch these young ladies enough is that they are resilient and have short memories. As we all know sometimes that puck bounces for you and sometimes it bounces against you.

Here's to future good bounces.

Re: Union College 2017/18 - Because they deserve their own thread...

Originally posted by Fivedevs View Post
    Here's to future good bounces.

Hope they make the tourney. No fan of the game likes to see a bottom-dweller forever (though some HEers may disagree ).

Comment

Re: Union College 2017/18 - Because they deserve their own thread...

Union was outshot 53-12 but the Dutchwomen gutted out a 3-3 tie with #6 Cornell.

Amelia Murray had 50 saves for Union.

Comment

Originally posted by ecachawkeyfan View Post
        Union was outshot 53-12 but the Dutchwomen gutted out a 3-3 tie with #6 Cornell.

Amelia Murray had 50 saves for Union.
        Cornell can't be happy giving up 3 goals against on only 12 total shots by Union, but congrats to Union for a big tie!

Comment

Working...
        X