SCSU @ DU - November 10-11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCSU @ DU - November 10-11

I know no one does game threads or really posts at all around here these days, but I think this series deserves one. Thoughts? Predictions?

Probable lineups

SCSU (2-0 NCHC, 7-0 overall)

Forwards

Eyssimont-R. Poehling-Fitzgerald
    Wahlin-Peterson-Benson
    Jackson-Winiecki-Newell
    N. Poehling-B. Lizotte-J. Poehling

Defense

Schuldt-J. Lizotte
    Ahcan-Borgen
    Jaycox-Ilvonen

Goalies

Smith-Hrenak

DENVER (0-2, 4-2-2)

Forwards

McLellan-Heikkinen-O'Connor
    Lukosevicius-Gambrell-Terry
    Staub-Borgstrom-Finlay
    Junda-Doremus-Barrow

Defense

Platt-Mitchell
    Hillman-Davies
    Mendel-Fear

Goalies

Jaillet-Rasmussen

Re: SCSU @ DU - November 10-11

This thread took off exactly like I anticipated.

Comment

For lurkers with an occasional quip ( like me ) this is a real bummer. These threads used to give me days, er, hours, er , a bit of innocent entertainment. Now? Ugh. God bless you for trying. Over on the Denver thread, vizoroo seems to be having a month long conversation with himself.
      Last edited by captain beefheart; 11-10-2017, 04:46 PM.
      You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

Denver played better than St. Cloud but in my opinion the game should have been tied. The contact was caused by the DU defender.
        Originally posted by SJHovey
        Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
        Originally posted by Brenthoven
        We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by captain beefheart View Post
          For lurkers with an occasional quip ( like me ) this is a real bummer. These threads used to give me days, er, hours, er , a bit of innocent entertainment. Now? Ugh. God bless you for trying. Over on the Denver thread, vizoroo seems to be having a month long conversation with himself.
          *herself*

Anybody that was watching on TV know why the SCSU goal that would have made it 3-2 with like 9min left was called back? They didn’t show a replay in the arena. Best i could figure was ghost GI? Took effin forever to review!

r

Comment

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post
            *herself*

Anybody that was watching on TV know why the SCSU goal that would have made it 3-2 with like 9min left was called back? They didn’t show a replay in the arena. Best i could figure was ghost GI? Took effin forever to review!

r
            It was indeed goalie interference. And "Captain", and "Pump" you're right, our thread "All Things" is all but dead. We got mercilessly trolled by some CC dweebs a few years ago and the regulars called it quits. They started a very nice site called "Letsgodu" That's where the majority of DU posters went. With that said, I still follow "All things" and I really appreciate Vizoroo's updates. In the meantime, it should be a great game tonight!!
            "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
            Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post
              *herself*

r
              Refs told Monty SCSU forward, not Eyssimont, was leaning on goalie inhibiting his ability to make plays.Goal disallowed.
              GO DU !!!

Comment

My mind says a split for the weekend, but my heart says a DU sweep.
                Coach mixed the lines last night which separated Terry, Gambrell and Borgstrom--"more strength down the middle." Since the mix got good results would guess they would stay the same, but Monty does tinker with the lines.

BTW Doremus and Rasmussen served 1 game suspension last night.
                Last edited by vizoroo; 11-11-2017, 05:20 PM.
                GO DU !!!

Comment

Working...
                X