NCAA Phone call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Phone call

I just received a call from the NCAA asking why I had not purchased tickets this year, I am a cat 19.....so I guess that the sales are not that good and they are panicking a bit......told them they were pricing themselves out of the market and that the old way of 3 separate tickets that allowed us to have a good meal between games really needs to return, the caller told me they had heard both from many of his calls.....doubt any changes will come from this but who knows

Re: NCAA Phone call

Originally posted by satyking View Post
    I just received a call from the NCAA asking why I had not purchased tickets this year, I am a cat 19.....so I guess that the sales are not that good and they are panicking a bit......told them they were pricing themselves out of the market and that the old way of 3 separate tickets that allowed us to have a good meal between games really needs to return, the caller told me they had heard both from many of his calls.....doubt any changes will come from this but who knows
    I give them huge credit for reaching out and at least soliciting comments. Say what you want, but that is the first step at fixing things. (Kind of like, you have to first admit you have a problem.)

As for game times, ESPN has all the power there. But prices ... well, that depends on how greedy the NCAA wants to be...
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

I received the same phone call, both this year and last year. I pretty much told them the same thing. Doesn't appear to have made a difference yet.

Comment

I received a call yesterday, priority 17. I had completely forgot about the whole process between work, family and general bad memory, but I bought two tickets in section 105. I agree with the gentlemen from Ohio and Rochester, NY, that the tickets are highly overpriced compared to the demand, and the event is not generally held in cities attractive to travel to. I am not disparaging St. Paul, where there is family, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Columbus, etc, Boston, where I live, but to travel to these cities, then pay much more than you pay for regular season tickets, well, there are more interesting places to travel to, especially when you've visited there before. Nevertheless, the games themselves are usually great. I am glad, though ,that I was called, because I did not receive any emails.

Comment

Left message for me to call, 580 bucks for 2 tickets. Too much for me

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
            I give them huge credit for reaching out and at least soliciting comments. Say what you want, but that is the first step at fixing things. (Kind of like, you have to first admit you have a problem.)

As for game times, ESPN has all the power there. But prices ... well, that depends on how greedy the NCAA wants to be...
            Russ no atta boy for reaching out, their tix sales are down and they are selling.....if they really cared they would have done some reworking 5 years ago......as long as the tix sell they do not care......and the NCAA could use some of their power to set the game times where they want them and ESPN would follow, ESPN needs the NCAA not the other way

Comment

Working...
            X