UConn 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UConn 2017-2018

Nice to see the guys come back after a tough loss the night before. Letunov appears to be getting going as well. That is very good news. It is time he stepped up and started leading this team. Early days yet, but I am hopeful.

OT: Kudos to my alma mater for picking up a B1G sweep in the North Country this weekend. Clarkson may finally have a team with potential again this year.

Btw, I decided to come back here after the heavy handed censorship going on over on the Boneyard. I mentioned what had happened in the legislature the past two weeks (both houses passed a $300M cut to UConn and the Guv vetoed it) and they blew my thread away for political content. The moderators on the football board are out of control, and they have a bunch of people apparently connected with the program posting over the top responses if you touch a nerve. That's BS. Happy to put up with the occasional HE snarky post in return for reasonable moderation of the board. Hey, we all make snarky posts once in awhile. Comes with the territory.

Re: UConn 2017-2018

Originally posted by RSTuthill View Post
    Nice to see the guys come back after a tough loss the night before. Letunov appears to be getting going as well. That is very good news. It is time he stepped up and started leading this team. Early days yet, but I am hopeful.

OT: Kudos to my alma mater for picking up a B1G sweep in the North Country this weekend. Clarkson may finally have a team with potential again this year.

Btw, I decided to come back here after the heavy handed censorship going on over on the Boneyard. I mentioned what had happened in the legislature the past two weeks (both houses passed a $300M cut to UConn and the Guv vetoed it) and they blew my thread away for political content. The moderators on the football board are out of control, and they have a bunch of people apparently connected with the program posting over the top responses if you touch a nerve. That's BS. Happy to put up with the occasional HE snarky post in return for reasonable moderation of the board. Hey, we all make snarky posts once in awhile. Comes with the territory.
    Dick, you told me to go to the boneyard that's why I deleted thread. Ok my man, Im with you here. This was a very interesting article from Jacobs. Malloy was the guy who made the promises to HEA. Feel bad for Cavs that he is not getting what he needs.

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-...07-column.html
    "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

https://www.theuconnblog.com/2017/10...t-aac-american
      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

https://www.theuconnblog.com/2017/10...nn-mens-hockey

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
          Dick, you told me to go to the boneyard that's why I deleted thread. Ok my man, Im with you here. This was a very interesting article from Jacobs. Malloy was the guy who made the promises to HEA. Feel bad for Cavs that he is not getting what he needs.

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-...07-column.html
          Great!! Don't know who owns and runs the Boneyard but I suspect it is UConn. They flushed a thread of mine for merely mentioning that both houses of the legislature passed the GOP budget which included a $300M cut to UConn. Thus, the FB program is hanging by a thread. That was like the fourth time they did something like that to me and so I said the heck with it. Of course, nothing like that has happened on the hockey board at the Boneyard as they don't care and I no longer post much anyway. But it is the principle.

Comment

It will certainly be interesting to see what happens at AIC this weekend. Traditionally UConn has lost to their former ACA rivals since they use those games for development and give the alternate goalie and third and fourth lines the opportunity for some extra work. Very frustrating though when they lose. Let's see what happens. AIC is their former ECAC East travel partner and ALWAYS play UConn tough.

The game against Sacred Heart the next night is no picnic either. In a way this weekend will be a measuring stick. UConn needs to win the games they are supposed to win. Lrt's see if they can close the deal.
            Last edited by RSTuthill; 10-12-2017, 07:42 PM.

Comment

It will certainly be interesting to see what happens at AIC this weekend. Traditionally UConn has lost to their former ACA rivals since they use those games for development and give the alternate goalie and third and fourth lines the opportunity for some extra work. Very frustrating though when they lose. Let's see what happens. AIC is their former ECAC East travel partner and ALWAYS play UConn tough.

The game against Sacred Heart the next night is no picnic either. In a way this weekend will be a measuring stick. UConn needs to win the games they are supposed to win. Lrt's see if they can close the deal.
              I thought this was only our second meeting since you left us for Hockey East (yes, I'm a little bitter). Last year was a tie where the Huskies outplayed everyone except our goalie, Skog.

Don't be like Quinnipiac and pretend like you don't know us after leaving the conference. I'd love an annual matchup with both UConn and UMass.

Comment

Thus, the FB program is hanging by a thread.
                Relax, the B1G is looking at Yukon and will eventually get in. Butchy said so, so it must be true.
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                  Relax, the B1G is looking at Yukon and will eventually get in. Butchy said so, so it must be true.
                  We'll leave you guys with an L in Fenway just as we depart to FCS ranks. That will make it so much sweeter.

Comment

Originally posted by Leather Lungs View Post
                    I'd love an annual matchup with both UConn and UMass.
                    I agree. But you are not playing at the Olympia anymore? Not sure I could find the Mass Mutual Center.

Comment

The good:
                      1. The Huskies came back
                      2. Payusov's hat trick -- well done!!

The bad:
                      A. Creel allowing 3 goals on 7 shots
                      B. Attendence of 527 at the Mass Mutual Center -- can't maintain a program on that

Comment

B. Attendence of 527 at the Mass Mutual Center -- can't maintain a program on that
                        One of these days I'm gonna do an attendance rankings list adjusted for school size. Granted, proportional attendance doesn't equate to any more revenue, but I suspect AIC outdraws some much bigger programs.

Besides, where were the teeming masses of UConn fans? I was expecting you guys to deliver the good numbers at the gate last night. That looked like the same crew who used to come to the Olympia.

Btw, congrats on the win.

Comment

Well, all I can say is that losing to SHU is getting old. Huska giving up two goals on 7 shots? The D must have been hopeless.

Regarding AIC attendance, yes, you can normalize the figures to the size of the school all you want. The costs to keep the program going, however, are the same as all the other schools if you want to be competitive.

Did not realize that UConn had a winning streak going against AIC. I think their record against SHU is overshaddowing everything. Extremely frustrating to the fan base.
                          Last edited by RSTuthill; 10-16-2017, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Anyone know what's up with Masonius? I can't find any information on him missing from the lineup.
                            "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

does Uconn stream their home games and is there a fee?

Comment

Working...
                              X