Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

Originally posted by Schmitty View Post
    It’s things like this that make me wonder just how long ago he lost the room
    There is only so much a coach can do. At some point the players have to produce. The team was playing well going into the Christmas break and instead of being a second half team like they had been in their strong years, they fell flat. He has said in previous post games that the team they were playing was going to do what they did and the team didn't respond until the Saturday game.
    2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
    2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
    2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
    2010 Frozen Four participant
    2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
      I really hope that was a joke.
      I never joke around

Hey Club Team Goaltenders have worked out before...

I agree with Mark, I don't think Wilson can be blame for losing the room. This team has been there own worst enemy for the last two seasons. It up to each guy to man up here...
      Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
      The Mule
      Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

If you head over to the RPI recruit thread you’ll see that Ralph posted a picture on Sunday of the co-winners of the Chilliwack Chiefs MVP. The Tigers commit (Will Calverley) is on the left and the Engineers commit (Tommy Lee) is on the right. Hopefully they will get a chance to play against each other in D1.
        Last edited by Downstate_RIT_Fan; 02-27-2018, 04:29 PM.
        RPI Engineers
        RIT Tigers
        ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
          I never joke around

Hey Club Team Goaltenders have worked out before...
          Not when there are three healthy scholarship goalies ahead of them, though.
          They survived the desperation that put the club goalie in net a couple years ago when they ran out of options, but we were all on the edge of our seats praying the defense could hold up and keep the opposing shooters at bay.
          Can't we all just get along?
          Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
            Not when there are three healthy scholarship goalies ahead of them, though.
            They survived the desperation that put the club goalie in net a couple years ago when they ran out of options, but we were all on the edge of our seats praying the defense could hold up and keep the opposing shooters at bay.
            Ah Hmm... Scholarship!?

Thomas M. Naeger
            The Mule

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
              There is only so much a coach can do. At some point the players have to produce.
              Who picks the players, though?

And even so, it'd be nice to hear some dissatisfaction with the results, rather than acceptance.

Powers &8^]

Comment

• Originally posted by LtPowers View Post

And even so, it'd be nice to hear some dissatisfaction with the results, rather than acceptance.

Powers &8^]
                ^^^^^^

Comment

They ended the regular season 5-11-0 at the Pollesini. 5-9-0 in conference. That's horrific. If they played as well at home as they did on the road they would have been knocking on the door of the league title. There's no excuse for playing the way they did at home this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by LtPowers View Post

Powers &8^]
                    Coaches do but you never know how a player is going to perform for you or the team.

As far as dissatisfaction, he's noted that throughout the season but it hasn't really worked. If he's trying to motivate the players, bashing them on the post game may make you feel better but it's not going to motivate the players this late in the season. The players need to get better as a group if they want to continue playing.
                    RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

• Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                      The players need to get better
                      Can they? Really not sure with this group.

Comment

You know I remember guys on here getting on Wayne for being to tough on guys in his post game. Wayne has always been pretty open how he feels publicly. Sometimes you need to read between the lines. Obviously some are unable to do that.

Now I'm willing to bet that not many, besides the radio guys have seen more RIT hockey games since 2009 than me. This team has the talent. It's the heads I'm worried about...
                        Last edited by Tom Naeger; 03-01-2018, 01:47 PM.

Thomas M. Naeger
                        The Mule

Comment

• Originally posted by Schmitty View Post
                          Can they? Really not sure with this group.
                          Sure, why would I bother paying attention if I didn't think so?
                          Last edited by blazer777; 03-02-2018, 02:51 PM.
                          RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
                            This time has the talent. It's the heads I'm worried about...
                            This group needs a Cameron Burt type player...
                            Russell Jaslow
                            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                              If he's trying to motivate the players, bashing them on the post game may make you feel better but it's not going to motivate the players this late in the season.
                              I didn't say anything about bashing, but the whole point of the postgame interview is to get some insight into the coach's thinking. If he's thinking "These results aren't acceptable" but saying "I thought we played well", then what's the point of doing the interview?

Powers &8^]

Comment

Just saw on Twitter that RIT SZ and TWC will not be broadcasting this weekend's playoff series. Which means those of us that aren't in Rochester any more will have to settle for Stretch Internet unless someone has another idea?
                                RIT Tigers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln145QKj2pE - A video I shot of Ricky Walton's penalty shot vs. Canisius 11/2/07. It ended up being the game winner.

2013-14 AHA Pick 'Em Champion!

Comment

Working...
                                X