PDA

View Full Version : RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

jflory81
03-01-2018, 07:03 PM
I'm kinda wondering if they're going to be able to get all of the series in this weekend. New England is supposed to get plastered, and Sacred Heart not being able to get to Rochester for at least Friday night's game is a very real possibility. Would they do Saturday/Sunday/Monday? AIC could even have problems with a Saturday game in their series.

EDIT: Actually, our series might be the toughest to get in, unless AIC has flooding/wind damage issues. Looking at rain mostly along the coast.

Ed Trefzger
03-01-2018, 07:08 PM
I'm kinda wondering if they're going to be able to get all of the series in this weekend. New England is supposed to get plastered, and Sacred Heart not being able to get to Rochester for at least Friday night's game is a very real possibility. Would they do Saturday/Sunday/Monday? AIC could even have problems with a Saturday game in their series.

EDIT: Actually, our series might be the toughest to get in, unless AIC has flooding/wind damage issues. Looking at rain mostly along the coast.

I would suspect that Sacred Heart is either already here or en route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LtPowers
03-02-2018, 08:37 AM
You never get what the coach is actually thinking in those postgame interviews. You only get what the coach wants you to hear...

I thought someone might say that, but then what's the point of doing them?

Powers &8^]

komey1
03-02-2018, 02:36 PM
I thought someone might say that, but then what's the point of doing them?

Powers &8^]

Sometimes you just need to listen between the lines.

blazer777
03-02-2018, 02:50 PM
Sometimes you just need to listen between the lines.

But then, you have different interpretation than everybody else 😁

RIT Winters
03-02-2018, 05:41 PM
So who gets to be the goalie tonight? And if we lose...who gets to be goalie tomorrow?

Downstate_RIT_Fan
03-02-2018, 07:51 PM
Here we go...start of the third period, 4-3 Tigers.

Downstate_RIT_Fan
03-02-2018, 08:50 PM
Here we go...start of the third period, 4-3 Tigers.

Whew....yes! Thought it was going away from us!

blazer777
03-02-2018, 09:18 PM
Whew....yes! Thought it was going away from us!

It is Friday night after all. Good win, need to close it out tomorrow

komey1
03-02-2018, 09:54 PM
They are lucky to get that win. They played 1 good period in the game. Fortunately, they got 3 goals out of it. If they play like that tomorrow there will be a game on Sunday.

blazer777
03-03-2018, 08:59 AM
They are lucky to get that win. They played 1 good period in the game. Fortunately, they got 3 goals out of it. If they play like that tomorrow there will be a game on Sunday.

They used the Despair,Hope,Despair method last night so Sacred Heart will be demoralized for tonight's game.

RIT Winters
03-03-2018, 10:55 AM
Glad we got the win, even if at times we played like we didn't want it. Sacred Heart has a lot of fight for a team that finished in last place.

Defense and goaltending continue to be an issue, with Drackett stopping just 24/28...but we managed to win so hopefully we can build up a little momentum for tonight and into next weekend against a very beatable Holy Cross team.

komey1
03-03-2018, 11:57 AM
Sacred Heart is not your ordinary last place team. They are clearly one of the best last place teams in the country.

I'm concerned what happened to the offense after the 1st period. They needed to keep up the pressure to make it easier for Drackett and the defense.

blazer777
03-03-2018, 03:42 PM
Sacred Heart is not your ordinary last place team. They are clearly one of the best last place teams in the country.

I'm concerned what happened to the offense after the 1st period. They needed to keep up the pressure to make it easier for Drackett and the defense.

I don't know, they gave the defense a three goal lead to play with. Goalie needs to stay closer to the goat mouth. It was wide open on a few of those goals

RIT Winters
03-03-2018, 03:54 PM
They are clearly one of the best last place teams in the country.

What a ringing endorsement...

LtPowers
03-03-2018, 10:13 PM
Still letting Sacred Heart stay alive. Can't we finish out a game?

Powers &8^]

Downstate_RIT_Fan
03-04-2018, 06:18 AM
Still letting Sacred Heart stay alive. Can't we finish out a game?

Powers &8^]

Apparently not.. Tonight will be “interesting” to say the least. Have definitely let Sacred Heart know that they can hang with us and all the the Pioneers need to do is keep it close. No lead is insurmountable.

RIT Winters
03-04-2018, 09:32 AM
RIT has struggled at many points this season with giving up goals shortly after scoring their own. Last night was no different. They need the killer instinct to not their foot off the gas even a little bit after a goal. The defense was again suspect last night, especially giving up a terrible breakaway right as Rocky finished announcing RIT's goal. Drackett was fighting the puck a lot in regulation but seemed to settle down and play well in OT. However their goalie played lights out in OT and made multiple highlight reel saves and was truly the difference in the game.

A Tiger's win tonight and all is forgotten. A loss and we'll have been drummed out by the last place team two straight seasons..

blazer777
03-04-2018, 09:55 AM
A loss and we'll have been drummed out by the last place team two straight seasons..

One hopes the team is not thinking about this, otherwise, all is lost before they even begin.

They need to get the lead and keep it!

Downstate_RIT_Fan
03-04-2018, 02:30 PM
One hopes the team is not thinking about this, otherwise, all is lost before they even begin.

They need to get the lead and keep it!

I honestly don't know what to expect tonight....I wouldn't be any more surprised by a blowout win than I would by a blowout loss...guess it depends what team shows up and if the message from the RIT leadership both on the ice and in the locker room resonates with the boys and they can kick it into another gear for the entire game. As a fan trying to get a pulse on this particular team this year has been particularly frustrating. Hoping for big games from all the usual suspects.