No announcement yet.

UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

Originally posted by Leecoffee9 View Post
    Decent feed once it got going. Nice to see a large group of UML fans at the game... lots from Section 105! "Fear the Fork" lol.
    Yes, lots of Lowell fans there.

More like "stick a fork in them, they're done"
    Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
    Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
    Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Apparently all the mucky mucks are out there too.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
        Apparently all the mucky mucks are out there too.
        Then why are you at home?

4-0 now, Hausinger with his second of game.
        Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
          Then why are you at home?

4-0 now, Hausinger with his second of game.
          I thought my semester started this past week. It didn't but we had a first class household disaster with frozen pipes including collapsed ceilings, flooded and warping floors etc. Yay us. SO mr les is out enjoying the heat and I am 'enjoying' coordinating the house repairs. Yay me.

Comment

Great game tonight, UML. Your goalie is fantastic. Enjoyed meeting "Go-UML" before the game and chatting with him for a bit. He shared lots of great info on your school and traditions. Always enjoy meeting the fans as they come in and you have first class folks behind your squad. I would say for an Oceanside game, you all represented the best. Looking forward to tomorrow and my apologies on the video feed. I meant to post that they moved the stream to Facebook live for this weekend and next. I know it's not great, but it is our student run broadcast and at free. Which isn't common much anymore in college hockey it seems. Hope those in Phoenix will have a great day tomorrow. Weather calls for 77 and sunny!

Comment

Originally posted by Revs89.2 View Post
              Great game tonight, UML. Your goalie is fantastic. Enjoyed meeting "Go-UML" before the game and chatting with him for a bit. He shared lots of great info on your school and traditions. Always enjoy meeting the fans as they come in and you have first class folks behind your squad. I would say for an Oceanside game, you all represented the best. Looking forward to tomorrow and my apologies on the video feed. I meant to post that they moved the stream to Facebook live for this weekend and next. I know it's not great, but it is our student run broadcast and at free. Which isn't common much anymore in college hockey it seems. Hope those in Phoenix will have a great day tomorrow. Weather calls for 77 and sunny!
              No worries, folks eventually found their way to the Facebook page. Great the feed was free but no need to apologize for it, they did a great job. They should work on getting replays introduced into the broadcast but other than that, it was nice to see.

Yes, a decent sized group of UML fans made the trip and could pick out many of our longtime ones on the various crowd shots. How would you say the number of UML fans was compared to other visiting teams? Lowell used to not travel that well and over the past 6 years, that's changed dramatically so much so I think the NCAA keeps Lowell in the east come tournament time as they bring really large numbers to the regionals in Bridgeport, Worcester, and Manchester. Lowell's led the league in average attendance the past few years and right now stands at 10th in the country, a little down from prior seasons at around 5,039 a game.

The goalie Wall needed that game last night after the season he's been having. Last season, he broke now Winnipeg Jets goalie Connor Hellebuyck's freshman record for wins (20) with 26, led Lowell to the HE tournament title, and was a heartbeat away from the Frozen Four. Bad start for him this year and Hernberg has become our number one with a record of 12-3 and is fifth in country in GAA (1.89), fifth in save % (.929), and has three shutouts. Hoping Wall has turned the corner and with both he and Hernberg, we'll have a formidable goalie duo for the stretch run into playoffs.
              Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                No worries, folks eventually found their way to the Facebook page. Great the feed was free but no need to apologize for it, they did a great job. They should work on getting replays introduced into the broadcast but other than that, it was nice to see.

Yes, a decent sized group of UML fans made the trip and could pick out many of our longtime ones on the various crowd shots. How would you say the number of UML fans was compared to other visiting teams? Lowell used to not travel that well and over the past 6 years, that's changed dramatically so much so I think the NCAA keeps Lowell in the east come tournament time as they bring really large numbers to the regionals in Bridgeport, Worcester, and Manchester. Lowell's led the league in average attendance the past few years and right now stands at 10th in the country, a little down from prior seasons at around 5,039 a game.

The goalie Wall needed that game last night after the season he's been having. Last season, he broke now Winnipeg Jets goalie Connor Hellebuyck's freshman record for wins (20) with 26, led Lowell to the HE tournament title, and was a heartbeat away from the Frozen Four. Bad start for him this year and Hernberg has become our number one with a record of 12-3 and is fifth in country in GAA (1.89), fifth in save % (.929), and has three shutouts. Hoping Wall has turned the corner and with both he and Hernberg, we'll have a formidable goalie duo for the stretch run into playoffs.
                It was a good opportunity for Wall to regain the mojo. We do not have a ton of skill players, so we need to work for every goal we get. But I really liked Wall's positioning. He was always in the right place and very calm back there. Great showing by him.

Crowd wise at Oceanside the UML group was unmatched by size and energy. Also, were just an overall awesome group to chat with. Fans had chants going and some fun banter with our students. Easily had 100+ more fans than anyone else in there for a visiting team. That is considerable considering the place can't fit 800 people. We have had larger contingents over at Gila River Arena, but that is an NHL arena so it is not comparable. Heck, I had a few UML fans that were in my section which is completely sold out with season ticket holders. So they went to the secondary market to get tickets, which is cool to see. Q'piac and BU come in the next 2 weekends, but they get one game at Gila and one at Oceanside. I grew up in Vermont, going to UVM games back in their ECAC days, and always enjoyed Gutterson. We have grown up a lot in a short time on and off the ice. With a ways to go, of course. But you guys should be proud of what you have. It is very special.

I believe the student broadcast will do a pregame show as well on the FB live telecast, so look for them to go on the air before faceoff. They work very hard and as an alum, appreciate everything they do. Glad you enjoyed it.

Comment

Great chatting with you last night. Appreciate you picking up our water, too.

So nice to hear that we have had the largest contingent at Oceanside (by far) and pleasant as well. As others mentioned, this was a huge game for Tyler Wall and glad he rose to the challenge. Whether his issues this year were physical, mental or both, was good to see him play that well.

BTW - what's the wireless password in the arena?
                  Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                  Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                  "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                  KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                    Great chatting with you last night. Appreciate you picking up our water, too.

So nice to hear that we have had the largest contingent at Oceanside (by far) and pleasant as well. As others mentioned, this was a huge game for Tyler Wall and glad he rose to the challenge. Whether his issues this year were physical, mental or both, was good to see him play that well.

BTW - what's the wireless password in the arena?
                    Great question on the wifi password. I have no idea! To be honest, didn't even ever think to look. It is spotty as heck and not surprising with it being like fortified bunker in there. I probably get a little better signal being a bit closer to the door! Joys of Oceanside!

Hope you and your group enjoy the afternoon. I will stop by and say hello at some point tonight!

Comment

Great question on the wifi password. I have no idea! To be honest, didn't even ever think to look. It is spotty as heck and not surprising with it being like fortified bunker in there. I probably get a little better signal being a bit closer to the door! Joys of Oceanside!

Hope you and your group enjoy the afternoon. I will stop by and say hello at some point tonight!
                      Don't be too surprised if you see a lot of us filtering out, especially if Lowell gets a big lead. The Patriots game starts 45 mins before puck drop and many of us will be looking to watch the end of the game somewhere.
                      Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                      Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                      "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                      KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                        Don't be too surprised if you see a lot of us filtering out, especially if Lowell gets a big lead. The Patriots game starts 45 mins before puck drop and many of us will be looking to watch the end of the game somewhere.
                        Understood! Good luck to the Pats. Tempe Marketplace is your best bet. About a 5 min drive and many places to choose from.

Comment

1-0 ASU after one. ASU scores with less than a minute to go in the period. Hernberg back in net tonight. Lowell goes 0 for 3 on the PP in the period.

Comment

4-0 the bad guys. This is not good.

Comment

4-0 ASU after two. Only 4 shots on goal in the period for the Hawks, 0-5 on the PP so far, no urgency. It seems like they only want to dump the puck in. The problem is they don't get to it or they get out worked by an ASU player. Awful.
                              Last edited by boblav1; 01-13-2018, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Safe travels home to all those that came out and special shout out to Go-UML for taking time to chat. You guys are great. Best of luck the rest of regular season and postseason!

Comment

Working...
                                X