No announcement yet.

UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
    Why pull a goalie down 3 goals in a regular season game? Then why pull him again down 4?
    I was thinking the same thing.

Congrats to the team on the weekend sweep, but that 2nd period tonight was painful to watch.

Highlights and post game interviews.
    http://www.goriverhawks.com/news/201...t-weekend.aspx

Is Kenny Hausinger injured?

Don't look now but Maine is undefeated in their last 8 games (7-0-1) after defeating BU 3-0 tonight.
    Last edited by boblav1; 01-07-2018, 12:42 AM.

Comment

Lol "flagship"
      Tully Rink Rat
      Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
      Youngstar
      UML Class of 09

Comment

Why pull a goalie down 3 goals in a regular season game? Then why pull him again down 4?
        I could almost understand it when you're down 3. You get a 6-on-4, and if you can score, especially quickly, it's a 2-goal game, and you have a chance. But, when you're down 4? Yeah, no explanation for that one.

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
        Is Kenny Hausinger injured?
        From what I've heard, it's a minor injury.
        Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
        "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

It will change at some point, but Lowell is 17-1-1 in their last 19 against Amherst.

Lowell won 16 of the 22 Alumni Cups (1 tie). No wonder there's no Cup anymore.

Man, I love beating the smug "Flagship" campus.
          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

It will change at some point, but Lowell is 17-1-1 in their last 19 against Amherst.

Apparently there was a pregame function at the Beer Works for the UMass fans last night. Marty was also in the building last night.

To the folks heading to Arizona, have a fun and safe trip.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
              Apparently there was a pregame function at the Beer Works for the UMass fans last night. Marty was also in the building last night.
              Too bad no one warned them about Beer Works, they were probably the only ones there. Worthen had quite the crowd again.
              Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
              Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
              Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

It was quite fun seeing their smug "flagship" fans strutting all around last night. Had a fun interaction with one "We're not Amherst." "Yes, you are. UMass-Amherst." "No we're not." I gave up.

Too bad Hockey East several years ago dropped their official UMass-Amherst, UMass-Lowell distinctions in league standings, etc. in favor of just Massachusetts as it drove Amherst crazy. League was adamant about it in the early years Amherst was in the league, then changed it down the road. It was great the first year they were in Hockey East though and they insisted their first game against Lowell be out in Amherst and the league told them otherwise and it was at Tully Forum. They've been PIAs from the start.
                Last edited by riverchief1; 01-07-2018, 12:41 PM.
                Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                  It was quite fun seeing their smug "flagship" fans strutting all around last night. Had a fun interaction with one "We're not Amherst." "Yes, you are. UMass-Amherst." "No we're not." I gave up.
                  I always have to laugh about that argument especially when half their fans are walking around with UMass Amherst on their sweatshirts.

Speaking of Marty, I should have stopped and asked him how the plans for the practice rink are going.

Comment

Umass Amherst is a cow college
                    Tully Rink Rat
                    Youngstar
                    UML Class of 09

Comment

My daughter (sophomore at UML) was working at "The Establishment" last night. A bunch of kids came in wearing Amherst garb and my daughter asked if they had gone to the game. When they glumly said "yes", she asked with a big grin "Why so sad, did Lowell kick your asses"? She knew the answer as I'd been texting her the scores. Bill was $155 and they left her a $7 tip, paid on one of their parent's Amex cards. Whether they were being vindictive, had poor math skills, lacked class or all of the above, she said it was worth getting a lame tip to give them crap.

Comment

Happy Birthday Patman!!

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                          Happy Birthday Patman!!
                          Happy Birthday Patman.

Comment

• Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                            The few Amherst fans on that Umass hoops hockey forum are chirping about the "flagship's" supposed hockey superiority again and how they shouldn't lose to the inferior team. Hopefully the good UML team shows up and puts the silly minutemen in their place, showing them who the state's real flagship hockey team is and continues to be.
                            I just checked out that thread and you should read it now. They are very worked up over being called Amherst. Someone is ****ed Bob Ellis kept saying it during the broadcast. Another guy did a statistical analysis of school’s that market themselves with an abbreviation in their name.

Can we go back to being Lowell Tech?

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                              I just checked out that thread and you should read it now. They are very worked up over being called Amherst. Someone is ****ed Bob Ellis kept saying it during the broadcast. Another guy did a statistical analysis of school’s that market themselves with an abbreviation in their name.

Can we go back to being Lowell Tech?

University of Lowell please

We are more than a Tech school now
                              Tully Rink Rat
                              Youngstar
                              UML Class of 09

Comment

Originally posted by Fishhawk View Post
                                My daughter (sophomore at UML) was working at "The Establishment" last night. A bunch of kids came in wearing Amherst garb and my daughter asked if they had gone to the game. When they glumly said "yes", she asked with a big grin "Why so sad, did Lowell kick your asses"? She knew the answer as I'd been texting her the scores. Bill was $155 and they left her a $7 tip, paid on one of their parent's Amex cards. Whether they were being vindictive, had poor math skills, lacked class or all of the above, she said it was worth getting a lame tip to give them crap.
                                They probably gave her a bad tip because she was rude to them. It sounds like she was the one who lacked class.

Comment

Working...
                                X