No announcement yet.

UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
    Let's hope so. UConn has had the Hawks number for the past few years.

The best of luck to the Men's Soccer team today (2:00 pm / ESPN3 ) in the AE Championship match.

Speaking of ESPN3 I didn't realize they were broadcasting last night's hockey game. Is that something that will continue?
    It would be nice if all of the Hockey East school went the ESPN3 Route
    Tully Rink Rat
    Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
    Youngstar
    UML Class of 09

Comment

Originally posted by carlin View Post
      Did anyone see the hit that got Sodengren thrown out? At the game I saw the goalie go down but I didn't see the actual hit? The goalie looked fine afterward so how bad was the hit?
      From Mike McMahon's twitter.

I couldn't tell from where I sit. The officials got together to discuss before making the call. I was wondering if they might take a look at the replay before making the call but they didn't. I believe there's still a rule that a penalty can be reviewed to determine if a major should be called. Hopefully the NU goaltender is ok.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
        Yuck Yuck Yuck

Anyone else loving the emergence of Chuckles Levesque this weekend? Kid can play in tight quarters...
        That kid gonna b fine

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
          mr les said he was smoked twice.

Phew. NU played wild hockey that second period. Hernberg- WOW. That is all.
          His dad could act Also

Comment

Originally posted by carlin View Post
            Did anyone see the hit that got Sodengren thrown out? At the game I saw the goalie go down but I didn't see the actual hit? The goalie looked fine afterward so how bad was the hit?
            I didn't see it either but apparently overhead view showed even tho he was pushed into him he did get the elbow up. not nice play.

Comment

Men's soccer will be live on ESPN3 at 2pm today in the America East Championship game vs. Albany and a NCAA tournament autobid on the line. Better yet, head on over to north campus and support the team in person.
              Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
              Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
              Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

• Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                Men's soccer will be live on ESPN3 at 2pm today in the America East Championship game vs. Albany and a NCAA tournament autobid on the line. Better yet, head on over to north campus and support the team in person.
                Overtime
                BS UMass Lowell 2015
                PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                  Overtime
                  And they fall....

I can’t see them getting an at large with that record. Too bad
                  BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                  Skating Friar Jersey
                  AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                  UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                  Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                    And they fall....

I can’t see them getting an at large with that record. Too bad
                    I thought they had it won in that first OT, so close. Tough way to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                      I thought they had it won in that first OT, so close. Tough way to lose.
                      Me too.

Comment

The official misses a blatant handball in the box against Albany during regulation and then Lowell loses in 2OT.
                        Lowell Forever
                        Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                          The official misses a blatant handball in the box against Albany during regulation and then Lowell loses in 2OT.
                          Personally I was more impressed with the take-downs and grabbing I saw without a call. Last time I watched soccer you weren't supposed to do that. I guess when you grab a shirt but don't complete the act of taking it off the person it doesn't count. They should have rip away shirts. No one would have been dressed by the end. (only fair. Girls are wearing less and less.)

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                            Personally I was more impressed with the take-downs and grabbing I saw without a call. Last time I watched soccer you weren't supposed to do that. I guess when you grab a shirt but don't complete the act of taking it off the person it doesn't count. They should have rip away shirts. No one would have been dressed by the end. (only fair. Girls are wearing less and less.)
                            Ref allowed a lot of stuff that he shouldn't have. He also didn't seem to know all the rules, which was disappointing.

Good season for the boys. Really excited about what this program is setting itself up for. Last season, win the Regulation season title. This year, lose in the Conference Title game. Remember, we're still seeing this team compete (and will for 2 more years) with kids that committed to the program knowing that there would be portions of their eligibilty wasted in regards to NCAA chances. Onward and upward Lowell soccer!

In regards to hockey, good couple of results. Still frustratingly sloppy for large chunks of the game Saturday night. I know NU is good, but passes to no one or just blind passes to no one ... yuck. Hopefully this is starting to set the stage for a turnaround for the season though.
                            Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                            2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                            2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                            2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

It really is remarkable how quickly UML's Men's soccer has ramped up to become a serious D1 program. I still can't understand how the Huskies managed to deal with your guys. We haven't had a lot of luck with our program for a while now. What exactly did your coach do to get the kind of players that he has or did he take overlooked players that he skillfully coached up?

Yes I know this is a hockey thread, but (1) it's only Monday and (2) We don't have to play you again until the semis at the Garden (hopefully in the finals).

Comment

• Originally posted by HHound View Post
                                It really is remarkable how quickly UML's Men's soccer has ramped up to become a serious D1 program. I still can't understand how the Huskies managed to deal with your guys. We haven't had a lot of luck with our program for a while now. What exactly did your coach do to get the kind of players that he has or did he take overlooked players that he skillfully coached up?

Yes I know this is a hockey thread, but (1) it's only Monday and (2) We don't have to play you again until the semis at the Garden (hopefully in the finals).
                                And 20 minutes till we find out if they got an at large bid
                                BS UMass Lowell 2015
                                PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X