PDA

View Full Version : UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

tape
11-02-2017, 07:33 AM
For the most part the NU students were hysterical to watch- clever, quirky and coordinated. They are a bit more boring now.

You can say the same thing about our student section between 2002 and now, to be honest.

leswp1
11-02-2017, 03:21 PM
You can say the same thing about our student section between 2002 and now, to be honest.

Most of them. :( Less creativity, more 'you suck'. Booooorrrrring

Turk_Sanderson
11-02-2017, 06:59 PM
Most of them. :( Less creativity, more 'you suck'. Booooorrrrring

You would think with the proliferation of social media in these kids lives they could coordinate something better than giving Fred C Church free advertising.

boblav1
11-02-2017, 10:57 PM
Weekend preview.
http://www.goriverhawks.com/news/2017/11/2/mens-ice-hockey-river-hawks-host-maine-for-two-game-set-this-weekend.aspx

Who get's the start in goal tomorrow night?

Fishhawk
11-03-2017, 10:06 AM
I have a few free ticket vouchers for tonight's game. Email me at fishy4u@hotmail.com

boblav1
11-03-2017, 11:12 PM
Well they got the win. A very good third period after some pretty ugly moments in the first two. Hopefully the Hawks can keep it going tomorrow afternoon.

Game highlights and post game interview.

http://www.goriverhawks.com/news/2017/11/3/mens-ice-hockey-river-hawks-earn-3-2-victory-against-maine-in-hockey-east-action.aspx

Turk_Sanderson
11-04-2017, 10:41 AM
FEED FORNEY!!!!!!!!! Seriously i'm glad to see one of the D men finally emerge on both ends of the ice. Take that C off Tyler's chest his play is not worthy of the honor. Has no shot from the point and his quarterbacking from the point is non-existent.

As much as I have poo poo'd Avni's play this year he looked great last night and that hook call on the breakaway was ridiculous that was good stick work by him. Walked by Croix on the concourse he didn't look to pleased to be Section 114'd

I'm getting worried about Kenny he is putting himself in too many spots to get injured. Took a couple of good solid hits last night.

Gravallese is the reason why refs need to be a certain height. The man looks like Danny Devito on skates.

He couldn't see a Maine kid hold a leg in a rugby scrum in the corner. IT WAS 10 FT AWAY FROM HIM

LETS KEEP IT GOING TODAY

leswp1
11-04-2017, 08:06 PM
Blech. Blech. Blech. And I think this extends the streak of losing when ever there is a post game skate with the fans. Have we ever won?

and mea culpa for saying Beerworks isn't that bad. You guys were right in a big way. It is awful. Serious bummer because mr les and I never get to go out so having it stink when we haven't been able to go out for a few months made it stink more. No menu to speak of and what there is is awful. Did I mention awful? mr les hates cheese and that left 2 options on the whole menu. Food was not impressive and the place was a morgue at 8:15 when we left. There were a total of 18 people in there. 18. On a Saturday night after a game. Most of them were from the Field Hockey Tournament, not even local. As we were leaving 2 more of those 18 were leaving too. Not going back. I can't imagine the logic of taking something successful and so completely screwing it up.

boblav1
11-04-2017, 08:27 PM
Congrats to the Black Bears on the win today.

I think the Hawks sunk to a new low today. What a pitiful performance. Another game filled with terrible turn overs, passing, missed open nets and just lack luster play. When will the team stop trying to force passes through players and sticks? They always seem to attempt the low percentage play/pass. One solid period of hockey all weekend. It will be interesting to see if Norm and the team can turn this around.

http://www.goriverhawks.com/news/2017/11/4/mens-ice-hockey-river-hawk-downed-by-maine-6-2-in-series-finale.aspx

leswp1
11-04-2017, 08:29 PM
Congrats to the Black Bears on the win today.

I think the Hawks sunk to a new low today. What a pitiful performance. Another game filled with terrible turn overs, passing, missed open nets and just lack luster play. When will the team stop trying to force passes through players and sticks? They always seem to attempt the low percentage play/pass. One solid period of hockey all weekend. It will be interesting to see if Norm and the team can turn this around.

http://www.goriverhawks.com/news/2017/11/4/mens-ice-hockey-river-hawk-downed-by-maine-6-2-in-series-finale.aspx

Highlights? Maybe if we had a few beers (not at the previously go to watering hole :p ) Even when they seemed to be playing hard they had NO puck luck what so ever. Hard to watch.

boblav1
11-04-2017, 09:03 PM
Even when they seemed to be playing hard they had NO puck luck what so ever. Hard to watch.
They haven't had much puck luck all season. They can't seem to catch a break. One of these nights everything will go in.

leswp1
11-04-2017, 09:27 PM
They haven't had much puck luck all season. They can't seem to catch a break. One of these nights everything will go in.

Things went in alright but into the wrong goal mouth. I felt awful for the own goal- the guy was skating hard all night. the 2 gimmes in front of the net.... I felt awful as in I wanted one of those collars they put on dogs that you push a button to shock them when they try to run too far- only this could be passing in front of the goal when the other side can pick it off. Jeese Louise. 2 times. Same guy.

mookie1995
11-05-2017, 01:04 AM
munch munch, now how's that lunch?!?!!? "D

riverchief1
11-05-2017, 07:25 AM
munch munch, now how's that lunch?!?!!? "D

Don't know, haven't played BU yet. We'll have to wait and see until then.

BTW, nacho cart is still MIA at Tsongas and not coming back.

riverchief1
11-05-2017, 07:30 AM
Blech. Blech. Blech. And I think this extends the streak of losing when ever there is a post game skate with the fans. Have we ever won?

and mea culpa for saying Beerworks isn't that bad. You guys were right in a big way. It is awful. Serious bummer because mr les and I never get to go out so having it stink when we haven't been able to go out for a few months made it stink more. No menu to speak of and what there is is awful. Did I mention awful? mr les hates cheese and that left 2 options on the whole menu. Food was not impressive and the place was a morgue at 8:15 when we left. There were a total of 18 people in there. 18. On a Saturday night after a game. Most of them were from the Field Hockey Tournament, not even local. As we were leaving 2 more of those 18 were leaving too. Not going back. I can't imagine the logic of taking something successful and so completely screwing it up.

Season is going down the toilet unless they fix a host of things fast.

Yup, Beer Works is really bad. People who religiously went there pre/post game have left in droves. Who doesn't even have a burger on their menu? The Worthen was full of Lowell fans, including families, pregame Friday and I know some others who have been going to Cobblestones too but that can get pricey. I was chatting with some team parents after the game Saturday, they've also been displeased with Beer Works as it was usually their go to place too but not anymore. Some were heading over to Cobblestones afterwards while others were checking out other options for variety like Fuse, Tremonte, El Potro, and Old Court. I think Beer Works took their proximity to Tsongas as being the closest option for granted but that hasn't worked out for them, hopefully they'll wake up and see that they need to revert back to what they used to do in terms of menu.

Turk_Sanderson
11-05-2017, 09:01 AM
The Tsongas has become a Factory of Sadness

I can't recall a game off the top of my head in the Bazin era where they have played that bad. That was demoralizing.

Oh and what's up with no student turnout for 4PM puck drop? Do they need someone to provide pre-game pizza and beer? I'll foot the bill, it's 4 PM drop start juicing at 1 have some fun.

Fishhawk
11-05-2017, 11:20 AM
The Tsongas has become a Factory of Sadness

I can't recall a game off the top of my head in the Bazin era where they have played that bad. That was demoralizing.

I hope they're embarrassed. I wonder when the last time was that Maine scored more than 4 goals on the road? Maine fan next to me guessed 2004. No hustle, no heart and no on-ice leadership - team mantra so far for UML has been "let the other guy do it".

Turk_Sanderson
11-05-2017, 11:29 AM
I hope they're embarrassed. I wonder when the last time was that Maine scored more than 4 goals on the road? Maine fan next to me guessed 2004. No hustle, no heart and no on-ice leadership - team mantra so far for UML has been "let the other guy do it".

I think what bothers me the most is the lack of pinching from the D men along the boards and the lack of 3rd man going high to cover the point. We are just ceding the neutral zone and fleeing back on D.

Tyler Wall should not be take out of the goalie rotation. Hernberg from here on out and if needs a game off or gets injured give Clearly a shot.

Yesterday during the Ice Scrape break in the 2nd period Tyler didn't even skate over to the bench to join the rest of the team. Swayman from Maine did join his team I can swear I've seen this in the past as well. I'm wondering if Tyler's problems are ego based.

Patman
11-05-2017, 12:13 PM

Psychology is a fickle thing. If these guys think they can turn it on when stuff is important then they have another thing comings

Barring a ridiculous run their national season s just about over. And with a 1-5 start in league their league season is looking VERY bad at this point.

Something must be going on. We will see what it is.

Edit: written on my iPhone...

mookie1995
11-05-2017, 12:29 PM
Don't know, haven't played BU yet. We'll have to wait and see until then.

BTW, nacho cart is still MIA at Tsongas and not coming back.

Mookie will be up for the b-ball game in dec

Does jasmine work those too?!? :D