Northeastern Huskies 2017-18: Every Dog Has its Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18: Every Dog Has its Day

Didn't get to watch tonight but sounds like they played pretty well and Primeau was solid. Huge development if Picking and Griffin can provide some secondary scoring.
    2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
    2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

I like the win against a MC team that is better than it's record. 2 big points tonight to keep us in the top 3. Let's get the job done in North Andover tomorrow night too boyz. Also to be noted tonight was the fine play of Garrett Cecere. I think he really looked good every shift!

Comment

• it'll be their (NU) 3rd gm in 5 nights.. hopefully get it done. MC is going to get their chances @ home.

(also, would like to see #8 & #9 going again. #9s not quite been the same since his injury .. hopefully back at it soon. he did have a nice assist yesterday), hopefully start of good things to come soon. Go Huskies
        Last edited by northeastern; 12-02-2017, 06:01 AM.
        GO NU HOCKEY
        Always bullish on the future.
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Was pretty happy with the game last night. Don't like giving up 29 shots to Merrimack or getting outshot like they did in the 2nd, but overall this was a good day.

-Merrimack PP was almost 50% since Nov 10. To go 2/3 against them, and only allow 1 on the 5 minute major (which was garbage) is a good showing.
          -Picking continues to impress me as a bottom 6 forward. Two points is big coming from down there.
          -2 goals from the third line. Picking up the slack (no pun intended) when the top guys aren't scoring
          -Primeau is so legit. It's nice having a goalie that looks confident, fills the net, and makes 90% of his saves or better. It's a weird feeling.
          "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Owens back in for Carrabino. 21/8/9 all on a line together.

Filipe down to the 4th line. Schultz on line 2 with Solow/Jozefek.
            "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
              Owens back in for Carrabino. 21/8/9 all on a line together.

Filipe down to the 4th line. Schultz on line 2 with Solow/Jozefek.
              Filipe on the 4th line is a bit of a shock, but I’m afraid he has “earned” lt.

Comment

• Huskies getting outshot bad early tonight. Primeau doing his best, but we gotta get something going.
                GO NU HOCKEY
                We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• and just like that.. we have like 2 sog in the 1st, gaudette gets one. Let's go!

edit: i believe that was a pp goal
                  Last edited by northeastern; 12-02-2017, 06:46 PM.
                  GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

• mc gets rewarded for being relentless (only that much g can do). tie gm & if we dont wake up.. there'll be more for the home team.

..still getting outshot least 2 to 1
                    GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

• 2-1 NU, thx #8.
                      still getting outshot like three to one.
                      GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

• huge (pp) goal by the captain right before end of the 2nd.. 3-1 NU.

good news.. 2 goal lead.
                        bad news.. 2 goal lead.

I like the good news if they can hold off
                        GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Getting outshot against MC is no big deal. Warriors are offensively offensive, and you might see an orange cone in net for them in third.
                          Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

• 4 pts
                            GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

4 Pts is right. I don’t think we will have to guess who is starting in goal from now on. No clue why Schultz is playing. Nothing against him but he looks like a jv player. We got smaller skill guys put some big guys out there to fill in a few spots. I would like to see more of Carrabino, I like him a lot. In the future we can’t just recruit all skill, we need some size and kids that can check.
                              These are good times to be a Husky Dawg!!!!

Comment

Goalie comparison (Hockey East games only)

Primeau: 4-2 .940 S% 1.68 GAA
                                Ruck: 3-1 .878 S% 3.13 GAA

"Competition" over. I would have taken an average goalie with our offensive skill, but Primeau is better earlier than I ever could have hoped. He has proven he can make big, timely saves and will hold the fort down if the rest of the team isn't clicking. I thought we were outplayed by a fair margin in the first period and came out of it up 1-0 because of CP.
                                2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                                2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X