Colgate 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2017-18

What's wrong with Colton Point, haven't heard anything ? Someone said he was on the bench last weekend. Games only get bigger every weekend now, I think we need a very doable split in our last four to get home ice first round.

Since the beginning of December our record is 3-9-1, we better start scoring goals or we'll be on the road for the playoffs.

Not only Point but where's Quillan been ??
    Last edited by sshablak; 02-15-2018, 11:38 AM.
    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Quillan was actually in the lineup against Clarkson. I am thinking he may not play every game for a very positive reason . . .

. . . despite our paucity of goal scoring talent, we do have a relatively deep blue line. And with Cosgrove and Austin providing solid point production (although are we happy or concerned they score more than the forwards?) it’s probably tough to break into the top six.

Speaking of defensemen, does anyone else think we are playing better defense (most nights anyway) than in recent years. And I don’t think it’s just Point. We seem much more diligent defensively and less apt to make those brutal neutral zone turnovers.

Comment

You're spot on about our defense, #9 nationally @ 2.3 GPG. That should be good enough to win many games, at 2.1 GPG offensively, we're not even in the top 50. I'm impressed with Cosgrove and Austin, especially Cosgrove's speed carrying the puck, watch him.

Yale's been scoring in bunches lately including two hat tricks in one game recently, they lead the country in shorties, we need to stay outta the box, very crucial.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
          Yale's been scoring in bunches lately including two hat tricks in one game recently, they lead the country in shorties, we need to stay outta the box, very crucial.
          You need to beat Yale... please...
          Quinnipiac Bobcats
          2023 National Champions
          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
          Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

In January, we play great team defense but lose games 2-0 or 2-1. Now we're finally scoring goals and we STILL lose! It appears Colton Point is injured at the worst possible time
            Colgate '09

Comment

We played really well, that game is different if Point is in net. The offense looked good, really good. But the loss basically killed any hope of a bye. Can’t really complain as we were supposed to be bad this year, and no rain, the worst time would be in the playoffs, without him healthy in the postseason we have no chance.
              Last edited by red133883; 02-16-2018, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Tonight is a MUST WIN

Comment

A friend talked to Point at the game last night, he got hurt in practice a week ago. He thought he could play this weekend, docs didn't clear him. Said he would be back next w/e "for sure." We'll see...

Comment

Yale comes after you for the entire 60 minutes and they simply, in the end, had too much speed...thought we came out strong, but the last 45 minutes were controlled (maybe 60-40, not overwhelming) by the Elis...thought both goalies played pretty well and I'm not sure if Point would've made any difference. Snively is one hell of a player (like Ryan Hitchcock as well) and Yale is getting its legs. Defensive lapse (by one unnamed forward in particular) cost us Yale's third goal...good to have Cockrell back and overall the effort was there...again, too much time in our end and we simply not fast enough to make teams really pay for an aggressive forecheck. HAVE to win tonight as P-ton, Dartmouth and Yale (obviously) all won...Bottom Line: the talent upgrade, especially at the forward position, HAS to continue if we're ever going to compete for a top four spot.

Comment

I agree with you about Racine, thought he played very well and not sure if Point would have made a difference, give him some credit. Yale was overall faster but our offense was better than most nights, McKechneys goal was beautiful. A tough loss, if we win tonight we'll probably jump back up to fifth or sixth, a loss tonight and we could easily start the playoffs on the road. Brown played very tough losing 2-1 to Cornell.

Comment

Three quick points:

1) McKechney has really come on over the last month or so. If he can continue improving at this rate, that bodes well. I remember following him in the AJHL playoffs last year and being optimistic about his potential.

2) When the game tightened after the Brown goal, McMann had two superlative shifts, including the one in which he scored. When he plays like that he looks like the best player on the ice. It goes without saying that we need him playing at this level.

3) Most of all, I was really happy for Bruce Racine. He’s played well when called upon these past two weeks, and it was great seeing him earn the win on Senior Night.

Comment

Spot on Marmot, good win last night. Also, Meyer is turning it on, three points last night.

Well, ECAC with a last weekend photo finish coming up, who gets home ice first round ? I think if we beat RPI Saturday night we're home, other than that I don't know. Yale vs Dartmouth is a biggie.
                          Last edited by sshablak; 02-18-2018, 07:03 AM.

Comment

Congrats to Bruce Racine on earning his first career win, in his final regular season home game.

We officially can’t get the bye anymore, but a win vs. Union on Friday officially clinches at least an 8th place finish for us (and a 1st round home series). We would then hold a tiebreaker with Quinnipiac (currently in 9th), which would come down to record vs. top 4.
                            Colgate '09

Comment

It is starting to really get exciting...
                              http://www.ecachockey.com/men/champi...0101_Fan_Guide

I will be at both Union and RPI this weekend (arenas 75 and 76 for me, lifetime).

Comment

Big game Friday vs Union.

BUMP
                                COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Working...
                                X