Colgate 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2017-18

Colton stood on his head tonight! Two power play goals!!!!!!! Great Colgate crowd at Bright. A good night. Go 'Gate!!

Comment

Great win!
      . . . still crazy after all these years. . .

Comment

The ECAC really is the epitome of “any given night”.

St Lawrence has no league wins all year then sweeps this weekend.

Brown steals a point on the road at [formerly] league leading Clarkson.

We get outshot 2 1/2 to 1 but Point saves the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by CU13 View Post
          I am always happy when Rainman is at the away games......I look forward to his post-game comments.
          Why thank you! This weekend’s games were rather ... interesting. Friday I decided to make the drive up to Hanover. And while it was a beautiful drive from Massachusetts, I was a little subdued driving back, given the outcome of that game. Friday we weren’t terrible, but we got outshot and our goal-scoring woes continued. We had lost 3 games in a row, by scores of 2-0, 2-0, and 2-1. But the team has bought into a “team defense” mentality and Colton Point continues to impress me. He’s been our best player on the ice. And that was VERY true last night at Harvard. A 51 save shutout! I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Colgate goalie pull that off! Also, a season sweep of Harvard? Don’t ever remember that happening either!

We now have 15 points in ECAC play. Going .500 the rest of the regular season should at least give us a 1st round home series. Sweeping at home and splitting on the road should get us a 1st round bye. Our present goal is to score more. Go ‘Gate!
          Colgate '09

Comment

I know that I am preaching to the choir, but only 4 other teams have a worse GPG (goals per game) avg than us. At 2.19 per game, we are tied for 53 out of 60 in team offense. (Thank goodness for UAA, LSU, Brown, and ASU) The team from Alabama scores more goals than we do!!! But then......we are tied for #5 in team defense, and have the 5th best goalie (2 guys in front of Point have much fewer minutes however) Imagine where we'd be if we had just a mediocre offense.

Comment

Maybe I’m just drinking the koolaid and enjoying a season in which we were supposed to be horrid but our GAA is 2.16 and GPG is 2.19. Any time your GAA is lower than you GPG you should be at or around 500 at minimum and look where we are.

I mean it really doesn’t matter if we are at 5GPG and 5GAA, it results in the same outcome. Now yes having scoring so low makes each goal so important but that is how we are playing this year and we are 500 when we were expecting to be well below. This defensive game was cornell’s Bread and butter for YEARS

Comment

Another measuring device I use is PPG scored and PPG scored against us. We are averaging 14.89 % on our powerplay and killing about 83% totaling 98%. A proficient team totals over 100%, a great team is about 110 or better. We're so so but not good, like our record. Again our anemic offense hurts us.

Clarkson is 112.
                Last edited by sshablak; 01-30-2018, 12:01 PM.
                It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

It was just announced that the Colgate AD Vicky Chun is moving over to Yale. How has her history been concerning the mens hockey program at Colgate?
                  YALE HOCKEY
                  2013 National Champions

Comment

Sad news, she's a huge supporter, if true you should be very happy.

Comment

Chun leaving is a HUGE hit for us. She’s a Colgate alum and was a MUCH better AD than Dave Roach was.

Meanwhile, getting back to hockey, we don’t travel out of NY state the rest of the regular season. This should bode wel for us. Also, if we can finish top-4, we could stay in NY state through St. Patrick’s Day!
                      Colgate '09

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                        It was just announced that the Colgate AD Vicky Chun is moving over to Yale. How has her history been concerning the mens hockey program at Colgate?
                        Say it isn't so Vicky..
                        COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Does anyone think this is an opening for DV to jump into the Athletic Director position?

Comment

Huge weekend, two wins and we're right back in the thick of things for top four. Need some goals, who will it be ?

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
                              Does anyone think this is an opening for DV to jump into the Athletic Director position?
                              I thought about that too. We announced & went through a national search before promoting Vicky from within, so there is precedent. No idea if DV would want the job.

To answer LSatch's original question, Vicky was hugely supportive of men's hockey & was a full supporter of the drive to build the new arena. She is also very close to DV, and I think it would have been very hard for her to address his future if pressure started to build for a coaching change. So from a hockey point of view, she was great for the program... but this might also be the best time for her to leave if we're going to move in a new direction.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gate83 View Post
                                I thought about that too. We announced & went through a national search before promoting Vicky from within, so there is precedent. No idea if DV would want the job.

To answer LSatch's original question, Vicky was hugely supportive of men's hockey & was a full supporter of the drive to build the new arena. She is also very close to DV, and I think it would have been very hard for her to address his future if pressure started to build for a coaching change. So

from a hockey point of view, she was great for the program... but this might also be the best time for her to leave if we're going to move in a new direction.
                                There were most likely other considerations beyond the DV situation that prompted Vicky to leave. This might have been one issue on the table but I would surmise there were many reasons to move on, the most important being the opportunity to move up to the Yale program and the offer they made to her.

Back to hockey: I would hope we can get 4 points this weekend, but would be satisfied with three. Union will be a battle; if Point is in the zone like last weekend it’s entirely possible we could sweep the Capital District teams.

Comment

Working...
                                X