Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
    Am I the only one who thought it was very odd Logan Hutsko was omitted from every All-Hockey East teams? I saw five games in person and a number of other games on television, and he was, without question, BC's best player.
    I've stopped worrying about these things a long time ago.
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
      The semifinal and finals are single games... quarter final games could be 2 or 3 games. So, the 9-4 record is 13 games played over 10 series. I know one QF series went 3 games where BU upset us at Conte. But that's all the math I'm doing for ya. Have fun figuring it out.
      yeah, i knew that some were series and others were single games, i got that much but it didnt seem the math added up, thank God for Sean Pickett to straighten it out.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
        No. That was the year when we lost in the semis to Providence, 5-1. But in those days (because there were only two leagues - the ECAC in the East and the WCHA in the West), two teams from each league went to the NCAAs (it was just the Final Four [not "Frozen Four" - that was a marketing thing that was started I think by ESPN] then - only a four team tournament). So the winner of the league tournament received the automatic bid and the committee selected the second representative. Usually it was the two teams that met in the finals, but because BU was so dominant and had such a great year (there was tremendous Western dominance at that time and the ECAC wanted the best possible representative to go to the Final Four), it was decided after we beat Brown in the Consolation Game, that there would be a special "NCAA Qualifier Game." BU would play Providence (who had lost to BC in the championship game) again, essentially giving the best team in the East a "second chance" to get to the Final Four. Although it was decided by the ECAC, it was considered an "NCAA" game (similar to the "play-in" games they have now in the NCAA basketball tournament).

I remember trekking down to Schneider Arena, where BU extracted revenge, beating Providence, thus qualifying for the Final Four, where they went on to beat a good Wisconsin team (with Mike Eaves) before toppling BC to win the championship. Ironically, the Final Four was played at the Providence Civic Center (to add insult to injury to the Providence fans, who were NOT happy that BU was given a "second" chance).

If you want a little nostalgia, here is a fantastic recap of that memorable season.
        and it was the year i graduated BC, wonderful, we lost the Natty to BU

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          Should be pretty straight forward tonight...

Gaudette POTY
          York COTY
          Primeau or Hutsko ROTY (Based on how these things tend to shake out, I'm expecting them to share it)
          Is it only hockey east play that is taken into consideration for these awards? If so York would be a likely winner. if not, 0-7-3 OOC does not really scream coach of the year.....
          Last edited by ericredaxe; 03-15-2018, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Supposed to be league play. But look at the non conference opponents BC played compared to a team like NU.

Comment

NESN is only showing Game 2 tomorrow night? That’s what their web site says 😡
              Chris V
              Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
                NESN is only showing Game 2 tomorrow night? That’s what their web site says 😡
                First game is on NESNPlus.

Comment

NESN must have an all important Sox in 2 replay of a spring training game set for 5 pm

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    NESN must have an all important Sox in 2 replay of a spring training game set for 5 pm
                    Actually they do. Twins vs Red Sox. But I believe they are contractually obligated to show it...

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                      First game is on NESNPlus.
                      ESPN3 is carrying both games and i dont have to drive down to SF on a Friday, I'm thrilled. Jerry COY :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
                        NESN is only showing Game 2 tomorrow night? That’s what their web site says ��
                        When I looked a couple days ago, it seemed as if the NESN time slot for Game 2 was only maybe 2 hours, so I'm not sure they're even showing the whole thing. Both are on NESN+ in their entirety. If you get that channel and are setting the DVR, that is the channel you want to record.
                        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                          It's surprising they have only met twice in the NCAAs. That is just crazy to me.
                          A little surprising, but it seems that on a national level, their ups and downs have mirrored each other. When one team has been really good, the other has been bad. At least that is how I think of the 70s, 80s, and 90s. I think more recently it has been a mixed bag.

All of us in Detroit in 1990 were really hoping for another title game matchup, but Colgate and Wisconsin had other plans...
                          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                            It's surprising they have only met twice in the NCAAs. That is just crazy to me.
                            From 1948 through 1980, with 2 exceptions (1960 & 1978), only 2 eastern teams made the NCAA Tournament and the only time those two teams were BU & BC was 1950. In 1960 the eastern selection committee mandated two play-in games, Dartmouth at BU and BC at SLU, which BU & SLU won and in 1978 BU played a quarterfinal game at PC. So, for the first 33 years the two teams met once out of three possible times. From 1981 through 2017 the teams met once out of 13 possible times. Below are the years and round that they would have met/did meet:
                            1984 Semifinal
                            1986 Semifinal
                            1990 Championship
                            1991 Championship
                            1998 Championship
                            2000 Semifinal
                            2003 Semifinal
                            2005 Regional Final
                            2006 Regional Final*
                            2007 Championship
                            2012 Semifinal
                            2015 Championship
                            2016 Championship

Sean
                            Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                            Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                            BU Hockey highlights and extras
                            NCAA Hockey Financials
                            Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                            I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Game could have gone either way.

Hopefully BC upgrades its defense next year. BU goal #3 and #4 was just poor BC defense.

A respectable year but not great. See everyone in October.
                              NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                                Game could have gone either way.

Hopefully BC upgrades its defense next year. BU goal #3 and #4 was just poor BC defense.

A respectable year but not great. See everyone in October.
                                Your season isn't over yet. BC is 4% to make the tournament.
                                You need the PC/NU winner to beat BU
                                Clarkson to win ECAC
                                North Dakota to lose the third place game tomorrow

I don't think any other games matter to you, but I'll run more scenarios after all the games go final.

Comment

Working...
                                X