Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2017-2108 Season Thread

The devils could trot out a starting lineup of schneider, lovejoy, santini, wood, gibbons, boyle and still have hayes on bench. That's nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      Well without being at practice it's tough to say. I really have no idea if he was deserving of more playing time.

There was a bit of a downturn in recruiting but even then this still happens everywhere. Campoli wasn't a grade A, can't miss recruit. He was a solid recruit. If he goes on to have a great collegiate career somewhere, then ok. That will beg the question as to what happened here.
      I have popped in for a couple of practices and usually they wear numberless practice shirts. So it would be hard to tell who is who.

Gibbons is not very big when you are next to him and really a down to earth guy. We talked briefly one time at a BC function.

For the most part, York has been pretty good overall regarding his recruits that he and his coaches bring aboard.

Does not having a guy like Mike Cavanaugh effect the quality of the recruits coming in lately ? Maybe, maybe not.

I just hope next year's class will improve the team and put BC back on the map again.
      NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by HHound View Post
        Hopefully Couturier finally has found a home. His odyssey began when he committed to NU. They parted company when he (or his dad) decided he should enroll a year before NU thought he was ready. Then no one picked him up, and he returned to the USPHL with the Jr. Bruins. BC picked him up. That apparently wasn't going to work out for him, and he transferred to UMass. He sat out another year before becoming eligible this year. Whoever has been pulling his strings has, in reality, been yanking his chain. He (or Dad) has never learned that the grass appears greener in the other pasture, only because it has been fertilized by piles of some other coach's BS.
        Just to clarify. my post wasn't a knock on School or Player. Just the way things happen some time.

Comment

Also, Jeff Cox tweeted out this morning that one of the players that had been committed to BC for next season, forward Mitchell Martan, has committed to Canisius.

Comment

MOOKIE GOT A LOT OF PROBLEMS WITH YOU PEOPLE (but happy christmas anyhow )
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              MOOKIE GOT A LOT OF PROBLEMS WITH YOU PEOPLE (but happy christmas anyhow )
              Merry Christmas to you too and to all Terrier and Eagle posters .

Comment

So I stand in the concourse behind a goal sometimes just like many other people. For first time ever I was told you can't do that and that it's because they now serve alcohol. I didn't push it any further than that but what is the logic? I'm not drinking either.

Comment

So I stand in the concourse behind a goal sometimes just like many other people. For first time ever I was told you can't do that and that it's because they now serve alcohol. I didn't push it any further than that but what is the logic? I'm not drinking either.
                  racking my pea brain trying to figure that one out........walking for your next one from your seat rather than from the concourse will lessen the previous beer's effects?

Comment

prolly don't wish to encourage a bar type atmosphere. peeps just hanging and grabbing booze. maryann's west

Comment

Maybe it makes some of the students uncomfortable or they're afraid people will get drunk and start hitting on students? It sounds like a solution in search of a problem though.
                      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Shoulda gone to Vegas. :-/
                        A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          prolly don't wish to encourage a bar type atmosphere. peeps just hanging and grabbing booze. maryann's west
                          makes sense

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                          Shoulda gone to Vegas. :-/
                          i heard it's nice out

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                            makes sense

i heard it's nice out
                            Foot of snow, plummeting to the teens tomorrow for high temps and single digits Sun.
                            A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

I'm out here with my wife. Was supposed to leave Thursday morning but switched to Wednesday last minute. Didn't end up having to pay change fees since our original flight this morning got cancelled. First time here for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                I'm out here with my wife. Was supposed to leave Thursday morning but switched to Wednesday last minute. Didn't end up having to pay change fees since our original flight this morning got cancelled. First time here for me.
                                Bright lights, big city

Comment

Working...
                                X