LSSU Lakers Hockey: 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
    Whitten has no clue to who should even start in goal or at the other positions to be honest. No one is standing up and stealing wins for this team on defense or goal tending or even offense . How the hell do you even pick a team to play when it seems no one wants to play .
    If you always do what you always did, you’ll always get what you always got. Can’t plant potatoes and expect roses to bloom. Can’t buy a Rusty Chevrolet and expect to ride in a Slick Black Cadillac.

Comment

• Re: LSSU Lakers Hockey: 2017-18

Seems like both Kossoff and Mitens have gotten pulled quite a bit this season.

Let's hope the Lakers can beat ASU and have a liitle confidence heading into conference play next weekend.
      LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Neither Goalie have gotten much support from their skaters this season.
        BLEED BLUE

Comment

Much needed win for the Lakers. Nice to see Ian Johnston pick up his first goal as a Laker. They need to play well next weekend against Bemidji and pick up some points in the WCHA standings.

Comment

Lakers won but totally outplayed . Lakers did not just need a win but needed to win the entire game and not just score more goals while being out shot 49 to 21 and for a 12 minute stretch , they did not get a single shot on goal. A win like this does nothing when you are totally dominated by the other team from start to finish . It is not winning or losing at this point. It is being out shot and out played every time they get on the ice that is killing this team. Don't get to excited about beating one of the worse hockey teams in the nation . Look at the stats of the game and then look at the stats again and then again and there is nothing in those stats that should excite you . Being out shot 49 to 21 is not turning the season around . Being out played and out shot should not be a confidence builder .

Comment

It's the first time the Lakers have beat ASU.
              LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

I will never go watch LSSU until Whitten is gone. Ever since Whitten took all of the comp tickets from the players for his friends when they played at Yost and had a player sit as a healthy scratch just because a scout was in the stands. That tells you what kind of person he is. It seems that the locker room must be a total mess. He seems that he loves to play mind games. How many NHL'ers do you think are on this team? All previous coaches at least had a few. Four years plus of his recruits and system and no one else to blame. At least the B ball team is fun to watch.
                http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/z/zorro1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Yooper_by_choice View Post
                  How many NHL'ers do you think are on this team? All previous coaches at least had a few.
                  While it's nice, I couldn' really care less if there are any NHLers on the roster right now. When it comes to the Lakers, I care about the Lakers, not where they will be in a few years, I'll worry about that when the time comes.

But it's felt like he's lost the locker room for a while now. I think all we can hope for, at least for this season, is that Miura & the new recruit can somehow spark the team into wanting to play. It's a long shot, but I think that may be all we have.
                  LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Yooper_by_choice View Post
                    I will never go watch LSSU until Whitten is gone. Ever since Whitten took all of the comp tickets from the players for his friends when they played at Yost and had a player sit as a healthy scratch just because a scout was in the stands. That tells you what kind of person he is. It seems that the locker room must be a total mess. He seems that he loves to play mind games. How many NHL'ers do you think are on this team? All previous coaches at least had a few. Four years plus of his recruits and system and no one else to blame. At least the B ball team is fun to watch.
                    How many people are actually surprised by this?

Anyone who doesn't have a vested interest, and has followed this team the last 3 1/2 years can certainly read the tea leaves, or at the very least see the lack of development and results on and off the ice, by more than just the players.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Serum View Post
                      How many people are actually surprised by this?
                      How do you know if it's true? I don't know if it is or isn't, but I don't automatically believe everything I read on the Internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                        How do you know if it's true? I don't know if it is or isn't, but I don't automatically believe everything I read on the Internet.
                        Wait...So are you telling me Walt Disney's head ISN'T cryogenically frozen and kept at the bottom of Space Mountain? This changes everything.

Comment

When the Lakers actually outplay a team and not score more goals against a team , then I will consider them beating a team .

Comment

I am actually losing interest in Laker hockey and I have followed the program since the sixties . It is getting old to watch a team with a unbelievable history of being winners turn into a team that is out shot and out played week in and week out . If Whitten thinks this team has talent , and his coaches have recruited players with talent , where the hell is it ?

You shouldn't find yourself ranked as one of the worse teams in the nation if the coaches believe they have recruited a team with talent. Every week we hope for a win as if that is all we need to turn the program around . A win . A win is not going to turn the program around or stop the bleeding . I have to ask Whitten , what are you teaching this team ?

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                              I am actually losing interest in Laker hockey and I have followed the program since the sixties . It is getting old to watch a team with a unbelievable history of being winners turn into a team that is out shot and out played week in and week out . If Whitten thinks this team has talent , and his coaches have recruited players with talent , where the hell is it ?

You shouldn't find yourself ranked as one of the worse teams in the nation if the coaches believe they have recruited a team with talent. Every week we hope for a win as if that is all we need to turn the program around . A win . A win is not going to turn the program around or stop the bleeding . I have to ask Whitten , what are you teaching this team ?
                              HA. Insert my name and my Seawolves, and I could have written this. Sigh.
                              Originally Posted by aparch
                              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                                Nice try deflecting, but I would expect nothing less.

I don't, however, I also don't bury my head in the sand from the issue at hand, which is painfully evident from anyone that has watched this team, and what is going on behind the scenes, this team is in way worse shape after 3 1/2 years of the current head coach, on and off the ice. His team, his recruits, his system and the results speak for themselves.

Comment

Working...
                                X